- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch baking dish.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until stiff.
- Combine egg yolks and white sugar in another large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add butter and vanilla extract; beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Fold in flour. Beat in milk slowly. Fold egg whites gently into the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden, 45 to 70 minutes. Let cool, about 30 minutes. Dust top with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292 calories, Carbohydrate 32.7 g, Cholesterol 128.4 mg, Fat 15.3 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 6.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.8 g, Sodium 142 mg, Sugar 23.7 g
EASY MAGIC CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer until pale yellow and creamy. Drizzle butter and water into the bowl, beating until incorporated, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in flour. Pour in milk; beat on low speed until batter is blended.
- Wash beaters and dry well. Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into the batter, a third at a time, until no white streaks remain. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is lightly browned, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.8 calories, Carbohydrate 20.5 g, Cholesterol 85.6 mg, Fat 10.2 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 94.7 mg, Sugar 14.5 g
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Grease a 8 inch x 8 inch baking dish or line it with parchment paper so that it's easier to get the cake out.
- Separate the eggs and beat the egg yolks with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add butter and vanilla extract and continue beating for another minute or two after which you can add the flour and mix it in until fully incorporated.
- Slowly start adding the milk and beat until everything is well mixed together.
- Add the egg whites to a mixer and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Add the egg whites to the cake batter and gently fold them in. Another variation to folding in the egg whites would be to whisk them in to the cake batter, this is a lot faster and easier. Make sure you don't fold the egg whites in completely, you still want to see some of the white bits floating at the top.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 40 to 70 minutes or until the top is lightly golden. The baking time could vary greatly depending on the oven, so take a peek at around 40 minutes and see how it looks.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar after cake has cooled.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 piece, Calories 255 kcal, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 5 g, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Sodium 52 mg, Sugar 19 g
This recipe comes from a great London bakery, Konditor & Cook. I think these little cakes are one of their best sellers. Perfect for kids birthday parties or to give away in Christmas boxes!
Provided by Sackville
Yield 28 cakes
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Grease and line a 21 x 31 x 2.
- 5 cm baking tray with baking parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (160 C in a fan oven).
- Cream the butter, lemon zest and salt together until creamy, then add the sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, a spoonful at a time, beating well after each addition.
- You may need to add 1-2 tablespoons of flour to keep the mixture from curdling.
- Use a large metal spoon to fold in the flour in three batches.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and spread evenly.
- Use a palette knife to level the surface.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 25-30 minutes until the centre of the sponge springs back when lightly pressed.
- Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Brush the top of the cake with some of the lemon juice, then apply a thin layer of jam with a palette knife.
- Roll out the marzipan to the same size as the top of the cake.
- Carefully lift on to the cake and gently smooth the top with your hand.
- Chill for an hour.
- Use a ruler to mark the cake into 28 squares, then cut with a serrated knife dipped in cold water.
- Brush the top of the cakes with more apricot jam.
- Meanwhile, melt the fondant with the remaining lemon juice in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Stir continuously until the temperature reahes about 55 C on a sugar thermometer.
- Divide between four bowls.
- Leave one white and colour the others with your choice of food colouring.
- Dip one square at a time into the colour of your choice and transfer to a wire rack over a tray.
- Leave for 20 minutes to dry.
- Lift off with a knife and put into paper cases.
- To make the royal icing, mix the egg white, lemon juice, half the icing sugar and glycerine with a wooden spoon until creamy.
- Gradually stir in the rest of the sugar and beat well until it is white and smooth.
- Use a small piping bag to create your own designs on top of each cake.
- Decorate with the glitter and silver balls.
More about "magic cake recipes"
14 MAGIC CAKES RECIPES | DANI MEYER | THE INSPIRED HOME
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Vanilla Bean Magic Cake with Lemon Blueberry Sauce. via The Adventure Bite / The Inspired Home. A sweet vanilla bean magic cake is paired with a delicious super simple lemon blueberry sauce.
- Raspberry and Matcha Tea Cake. This flavor and color combination pack a punch! I love all the fresh fruit in this magic cake recipe. Get Recipe Here.
- Orange & Cinnamon Magic Cake. via Christelle Huet-Gomez for Telegraph. This orange and cinnamon magic cake looks incredible! A cozy combination for the perfect winter magic cake.
- Magic Cannelés. via Christelle Huet-Gomez for Telegraph. What a perfect size for sharing with the ones you love. These little babies are glazed with honey and love.
- Blackberry Custard Cake. This magical blackberry custard cake is welcome at my house anytime. Get Recipe Here.
- Pumpkin Magic Cake. Pumpkin magic cake combines two of my all time favorite things into the perfect fall dessert. Get Recipe Here.
- Meyer Lemon Magic Custard Cake. via White on Rice Couple. When your Meyer Lemon tree is overflowing with fruit what is a gal to do? Make magic cake that’s what!
- Pecan Pie Magic Cake. This simple magic cake recipe is a fantastic alternative for pecan pie at your holiday get togethers and just the perfect bite size for parties!
- Gingerbread Magic Cake. Christmas eve won’t be the same without gingerbread magic cake and a steaming cup of hot cocoa. A perfect easy tradition to get yourself hooked on.
- Incredibly Gooey Collapsing Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Custard Cake. via Half Baked Harvest. Not exactly a magic cake but so delicious it’s worth the exception.
3-LAYER MAGIC CAKE RECIPE - MASHED
5/5 (246)Category DessertAuthor Melissa OlivieriCalories 194 per serving
EASY BANANA MAGIC CAKE | A LAYERED CUSTARD CAKE …
CHOCOLATE MAGIC CAKE - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE VANILLA MAGIC CAKE | KITCHN
GRANDMA'S MAGIC CAKE RECIPE | RECIPELION.COM
MAGIC CAKE RECIPE - AMIRA'S PANTRY
HOW TO MAKE 3-LAYER MAGIC CAKE | REAL SIMPLE
EASY MAGIC CAKE WITH VANILLA - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
THE BEST MAGIC CAKES ON THE INTERNET - KITCHN
MAGIC THREE LAYER CUSTARD CAKE | RECIPETIN EATS
CHOCOLATE MAGIC CAKE - JO COOKS
VANILLA MAGIC CUSTARD CAKE | HOMEMADE TRIPLE LAYER …
AIR FRYER FISH CAKES RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
MAGIC CUSTARD CAKE RECIPE 3 LAYERS - WHITE ON RICE
GLUTEN FREE COFFEE CAKE MIX - DANNY'S BLOG
MAGIC VANILLA CAKE - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY MAGIC CUSTARD CAKE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
900+ MAGIC CAKE RECIPES IDEAS IN 2022 - PINTEREST.CA
BANANA MAGIC CAKE - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
4 INGREDIENT MAGIC CAKE (NO BUTTER OR OIL) - KIRBIE'S CRAVINGS
FOOLPROOF MAGIC CAKE - SIMPLY BAKINGS
BLACK MAGIC CAKE - PLAIN CHICKEN
MAGIC CAKE - NAMED BECAUSE IT ONLY USES 4 INGREDIENTS
MAGIC CAKE | AKIS PETRETZIKIS
MAGIC CUSTARD CAKE - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
MAGIC CUSTARD CAKE - EMMYMADE
MAGIC CARAMEL PUDDING CAKE - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
130 MAGIC CAKE RECIPES IDEAS IN 2022 - PINTEREST
LEMON MAGIC CAKE | BAKING RECIPES | GOODTO
MAGIC CUSTARD CAKE RECIPE - CREATE BAKE MAKE
MAGIC CAKE - SPARKLES TO SPRINKLES
YOU NEED TO TRY BAKING MAGIC CAKES | TASTING TABLE
BLACK MAGIC CAKE - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
LEMON MAGIC CAKE - DEL'S COOKING TWIST
BEST BLACK MAGIC CAKE RECIPES | HALLOWEEN | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
EASY ALMOND MAGIC CAKE | FINDING TIME FOR COOKING
FRENCH MODERN CUISINE: MAGIC CAKE RECIPE - DELICIOUS BY EMMA
BLACK MAGIC CAKE | RECIPES
BLACK MAGIC COFFEE CAKE RECIPE | RECIPES - HERSHEY'S
19 BEST MAGIC CAKE RECIPES IDEAS | MAGIC CAKE, CAKE RECIPES, …
MAGIC CUSTARD CAKE - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
FIFTEEN-MINUTE MAGIC CAKE RECIPE - DORIE GREENSPAN | FOOD & WINE
#time-to-make #course #preparation #desserts #cakes #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #4-hours-or-less #from-scratch
You'll also love