MARY CADOGAN'S TARTIFLETTE
A creamy and comforting oven bake of potatoes, cream and bacon - originating from France's Haute-Savoie region
Provided by Mary Cadogan
Categories Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7/fan oven 200C. Peel and thickly slice the potatoes, then boil in salted water for 8-10 minutes, until just tender. Drain.
- Chop onion finely and fry in 25g/1oz butter and a drizzle of olive oil for 5 minutes. Snip bacon into pieces with scissors and add to the pan; stir well and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the onion and bacon are lightly coloured.
- Chop cheese into chunks, rind and all. Layer half the potatoes in a 1.5 litre/2¾ pint buttered ovenproof dish and scatter over half the onion, bacon and cheese. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Repeat layers, then pour cream evenly over the top and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Rest for 5 minutes and then serve with a salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500 calories, Fat 32 grams fat, SaturatedFat 19 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 30 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 23 grams protein, Sodium 2 milligram of sodium
This decadent dish was invented years ago as a way to use up excess Reblochon, a creamy Alpine cheese. Ultimately, it's just a simple dish of bacon, onions, potatoes, cream and the cheese, but the result is indulgent and out of this world.
Provided by Jonathan Waxman
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and set a pot of salted water to boil. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add the onion slices and bacon to the pan and sweat until the onions are translucent and the bacon is cooked. Do not brown. Season with pepper. Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in the simmering water for twenty minutes, or until cooked but still slightly firm. Drain and let cool. Peel then cut the potatoes into rounds.
- Butter the casserole dish. Layer the dish with half of the cooked potatoes; lightly season with salt and pepper. Make a layer with half of the onion and bacon mixture. Repeat the layering process with the rest of the potatoes and onion/bacon mixture. Cut cheese into long strips (including the rind) and layer it over the casserole, covering fully. Pour the cream over the casserole. Bake until cheese is melted and golden, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove casserole from oven, spoon onto plates, and serve.
TARTIFLETTE (FRENCH POTATO, BACON, AND CHEESE CASSEROLE)
This striking looking dish is basically a potato, onion, and bacon casserole, topped with Reblochon cheese.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Side Dish Potato Side Dish Recipes Potatoes Au Gratin Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Boil unpeeled potatoes with salt in water over high heat; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are easily pierced with a knife but are not too soft, 15 to 25 minutes depending on size. Remove potatoes from water to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat until cooked but not quite crisp and most of the fat is rendered out, 5 to 7 minutes. Push bacon to one side of the pan and blot up some of the fat with a wadded paper towel. Add onion slices. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and cayenne. Cook and stir over medium heat until onions are soft, sweet, and golden, about 6 minutes. Add white wine; cook for 2 minutes and deglaze pan. Remove from heat.
- Cut wheel of cheese into 2 semi-circles. Place each half cut side down and split in half to form 2 more semi-circles, each with a rind side and creamy cheese side.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel off the skin. Slice into fairly thick slices, about 1/3 inch thick.
- Place a little over half the potato slices onto bottom of a 2-quart shallow baking dish. A little overlapping is fine. Sprinkle with a bit of salt. Pour in bacon/onion/wine mixture and spread over potatoes in an even layer. Arrange the remaining potato slices over the top, overlapping as needed. Spread creme fraiche over the potatoes. Place down cheese pieces, rind side up. Transfer pan to a baking sheet. Bake in center rack of preheated oven until browned and potatoes are tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 497.5 calories, Carbohydrate 36 g, Cholesterol 90.6 mg, Fat 29.6 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 21.3 g, SaturatedFat 16.9 g, Sodium 1120.2 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
More about "mary cadogans tartiflette recipes"
CASSEROLES (SAINSBURY'S RECIPE LIBRARY): CADOGAN, MARY
Author Mary CadoganFormat Paperback
TARTIFLETTE - MORE.CTV.CA
Cuisine FrenchCategory DinnerServings 4-6Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
MARY CADOGAN'S OVEN-BAKED FRITTATA RECIPE - MYDISH
MARY CADOGAN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD MIDDLE EAST
TARTIFLETTE RECIPE : SBS FOOD
TARTIFLETTE RECIPE GOOD FOOD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
MARY CADOGAN'S JUBILEE CHICKEN - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
TARTIFLETTE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
MARY CADOGAN'S TARTIFLETTE
TARTIFLETTE | RICARDO
TARTIFLETTE RECIPE - ANTHONY BOURDAIN | FOOD & WINE
HOW TO COOK TARTIFLETTE – RECIPE | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
TARTIFLETTE WITH POTATOES, CHEESE AND LARDON - RECIPES
ANGIE MAR'S TARTIFLETTE - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
TARTIFLETTE BY MARY BERG RECIPES
GOOD FOOD: CAKES & BAKES: TRIPLE-TESTED RECIPES (GOOD FOOD 101) …
TARTIFLETTE - MARTHA.COM
TARTIFLETTE SAVOYARDE - TRADITIONAL FRENCH FOOD
TARTIFLETTE RECIPE | ENTERTAINING WITH BETH - YOUTUBE
TARTIFLETTE - TRADITIONAL AND AUTHENTIC FRENCH RECIPE - 196 FLAVORS
THE CLASSIC TARTIFLETTE | FRENCH BISTRO RECIPE - YOUTUBE
MARY BERRY TARTIFLETTE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
TARTIFLETTE | TASTE FRANCE MAGAZINE
HOW TO MAKE TARTIFLETTE (FRENCH POTATO, BACON, AND CHEESE
TARTIFLETTE | KITCHEN STORIES RECIPE
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT TARTIFLETTE | CHEESE | THE GUARDIAN
DAY 87: TARTIFLETTE - RESTAURANT FOR TWO
MARY CADOGAN'S TARTIFLETTE | RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD RECIPES, …
MARY CADOGAN'S LEMON MERINGUE CAKE RECIPE | MYDISH
MARY CADOGAN'S TARTIFLETTE - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
THE BEST TARTIFLETTE RECIPE - A HEDGEHOG IN THE KITCHEN
TARTIFLETTE | METRO
TOP 43 MARY BERRY TARTIFLETTE RECIPE - SHARE RECIPES
MARY CADOGAN'S TARTIFLETTE RECIPE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love