TOP RATED CLASSIC MEATLOAF
My family enjoyed the slightly spicy taste of this meatloaf. This recipe, submitted by a local DJ, was in our local paper.
Provided by Rosemary Chapman
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 Meatloaf, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, egg, onion and tomato sauce.
- Mix lightly.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water, mustard and vinegar.
- Brush the loaf with this mixture.
- Place meat loaf in oven and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting occasionally with sauce.
I threw some stuff together and made this. It's seasoned like sausage, pretty tasty. I make it in large batches, slice and freeze it. It makes an easy, nutritious and satisfying breakfast.
Provided by Kate
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x11 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, tvp, powdered milk, and eggs until well blended. Mix in the green peppers, onion, celery and spinach. Season with black pepper and sage. Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the center is firm and the juices run clear. Let stand for a few minutes before slicing into 16 slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251.8 calories, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 130.1 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 28.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 304.6 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 9x5-inch loaf pan, or form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.1 calories, Carbohydrate 18.5 g, Cholesterol 98 mg, Fat 24.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 18.2 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 334.6 mg, Sugar 8.5 g
THE BEST MEATLOAF
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Combine milk and soft bread crumbs in a small bowl and allow to soften, about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, pepper, egg, 3 tablespoons steak sauce, chopped onion, and green bell pepper. Add bread crumb mixture, and mix with your hands until all ingredients are combined.
- Pat the the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Brush the top with additional steak sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until done. Allow to stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288.3 calories, Carbohydrate 10.1 g, Cholesterol 100.6 mg, Fat 17.9 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 20.9 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 867 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
MEATLOAF FOR BREAKFAST
Nothing fancy here, but a good idea for leftover meatloaf. If you love breakfast sandwiches, you will love this.
Provided by IHeartDogs
Yield 1 sandwich
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of cheese on one of the unbuttered sides of the bread.
- Slice meatloaf into about 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Heat nonstick frypan and add meatloaf slices.
- Fry meatloaf until warmed through and slightly browned.
- Remove from pan and place on top of cheese.
- In same pan, fry the egg to your liking.
- (I like to break the yolk for sandwiches) Remove the egg from pan and place on top of meatloaf slices.
- Add the second slice of cheese on top of the egg.
- Put the remaining slice of bread, buttered side up, on top of cheese.
- Place sandwich in frying pan, and cook over medium heat until bottom piece of bread is nicely toasted.
- Carefully flip sandwich over, and cook, again until the bread is nicely toasted.
- Remove from pan, add any other toppings if you like, cut in half and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347.3, Fat 17, SaturatedFat 8.4, Cholesterol 238.7, Sodium 821.3, Carbohydrate 29.2, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 2.5, Protein 18.5
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat., Cut one-fourth off top of bread loaf. Hollow out both parts, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save removed bread for another use)., Place a fourth of the ham in bread bottom; top with half of each of the cheeses. Layer with red pepper, scrambled eggs, tomato and the remaining cheeses and ham. Press layers gently; replace bread top. Wrap tightly in foil., Bake until heated through, 25-30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 439 calories, Fat 18g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 230mg cholesterol, Sodium 1083mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
LEFTOVER MEATLOAF HASH
- Parboil the potatoes until mostly done.
- melt the butter in a skillet.
- mix everything but eggs, and creamin a skillet.
- fry 15-20 minutes.
- scramble eggs with a fork and pour over hash.
- Cook 3-5 minutes.
- pour cream over top and serve.
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE BY TASTY
Meatloaf is a delicious addition to your weeknight dinner repertoire. Full of savory flavor and topped with a sweet, sticky ketchup glaze, it's the perfect pair to your favorite vegetable side dishes, such as classic mashed potatoes and steamed green beans.
Provided by Betsy Carter
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and golden brown, about 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until aromatic, about 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring often, until the tomato paste turns deep red in color, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the onion mixture cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, stir together the panko and milk. Add the ground beef, eggs, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, pepper, and the onion mixture and use your hands to combine. Do not overmix!
- Shape the beef mixture into a 10 x 5-inch loaf on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the top and sides with ketchup.
- Bake the meatloaf until the top is browned and the internal temperature reaches 160°F (70°C), about 50 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 573 calories, Carbohydrate 23 grams, Fat 30 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 47 grams, Sugar 8 grams
More about "meatloaf for breakfast recipes"
8 THINGS YOU NEVER THOUGHT TO MAKE WITH LEFTOVER …
12 BEST RECIPES FOR LEFTOVER MEATLOAF - THE SPRUCE EATS
21 BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE BEST MEATLOAF
MEATLOAF RECIPE (EXTRA DELICIOUS!) | RECIPETIN EATS
THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BREAKFAST MEATLOAF - AROUND MY FAMILY TABLE
Reviews 18Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 8Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, add oats and warm water. Allow to soak for a few minutes. Meanwhile, prepare a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. In a small bowl combine ketchup and maple syrup, save for later.
- To the oatmeal mixture add onion, seasonings, sausage, and egg. Gently mix by hand just until combined. Pour out onto prepared pan and form into a loaf shape. Top with 1/2 of the ketchup mixture. Bake for 30 minutes. Brush top with remaining ketchup mixture and continue cooking for an additional 25 minutes.
ULTIMATE CLASSIC MEATLOAF - SOUTHERN BITE
BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES (13 TASTY FAMILY-FAVORITE MEATLOAF DINNERS!)
15 HEALTHY MEATLOAF RECIPES YOUR FAMILY WILL LOVE
WHOLE30 BREAKFAST MEATLOAF - LITTLE BITS OF REAL FOOD
THE BEST MEATLOAF SANDWICH RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
THE BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF - THE WHOLESOME DISH
CLASSIC MEATLOAF WITH OATMEAL RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4 INGREDIENT MEATLOAF - AMANDA'S EASY RECIPES
INA GARTEN’S MEATLOAF (EASY RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
BREAKFAST MEATLOAF RECIPE | SLIMFAST
MEATLOAF EGG SCRAMBLE | KEVIN IS COOKING
16 BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CLASSIC HOMEMADE MEATLOAF - BUDGET BYTES
EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
WORLD'S BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE 2022 ️ - JOJO RECIPES
SLOW COOKER BREAKFAST MEATLOAF - MEATIFIED
THE GOOD DISH MEATLOAF WELLINGTON WITH VEAL & BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
MEATLOAF WITH SAUSAGE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE USING ONE POUND OF GROUND BEEF
THE PERFECT CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - BUTTER BE READY
MEATLOAF - CAFE DELITES
BREAKFAST MEATLOAF (INCLUDING PORK SAUSAGE RECIPE)
MEATLOAF HASH RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
CRACKER BARREL MEATLOAF RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
EASY MEATLOAF MEATBALLS RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOODIECRUSH.COM
20+ LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES – DELICIOUS BUT SIMPLE TO MAKE
20+ EASY MEATLOAF RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE THE BEST …
TURKEY MEATLOAF WITH ZUCCHINI - SKINNYTASTE
MEATLOAF RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - BELLY FULL
16 BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES THAT YOU MUST TRY 2022
ALTON BROWN MEATLOAF (EASY RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make meatloaf?In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
How long to cook meatloaf in the oven?Instructions Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Glaze: Mix together in a small bowl. Meatloaf: Place breadcrumbs in a very large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Transfer into loaf tin. Bake for 45 minutes. Bake for a further 30 minutes. Stand for 10 minutes before turning out and cutting into thick slices.
How to cook meatloaf with Rosemary and bacon?Remove the meatloaf from the oven and pour all the fat from the pan over the rosemary, mixing well. Spoon your sauce around the meatloaf, lay the slices of bacon or pancetta over the top and scatter over the rosemary leaves. Put the pan back in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the bacon turns golden and the sauce is bubbling and delicious.
Can you make meatloaf ahead of time?Make the Meatloaf ahead of time: Using the leftover meatloaf slices, add to a medium-sized skillet. Prepare Bread: Brush the side of the bread with butter and place facing down in the skillet. Top on side of the slice with cheese. Heat until melted and meatloaf is heated through. Create Your Sandwich!