MEAT LOAF SHEPHERD'S PIE
"I'm a new wife and mom, so I don't have a lot of time to spend cooking," relates Jennifer Haines of Redford, Michigan. "This meal-in-one is quick and easy to make, plus it tastes so much better than plain warmed-up meat loaf."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place meat loaf slices in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover with gravy; top with corn. Combine potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream and onions; spread over corn. , Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 559 calories, Fat 35g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 81mg cholesterol, Sodium 1322mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
MEATLESS SHEPHERD'S PIE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a large casserole dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir carrot, onion, and garlic in the hot oil until soft and onion is clear, 5 to 7 minutes. Add burger crumbles and lentils; cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Add flour and saute, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir broth, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and soy sauce into the skillet. Simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in peas and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and potatoes are golden, 20 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.3 calories, Carbohydrate 45.2 g, Cholesterol 2.8 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 8.2 g, Protein 17.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 1041.3 mg, Sugar 7.1 g
HEARTY MEATLESS SHEPHERD'S PIE
Mushrooms, carrots, celery, peas and potatoes pack this full-flavored meal-maker. In fact, you'll never even miss the meat. It's that rich and satisfying! -Kim Hammond, Kingwood, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place garlic on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes., Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain. Mash potatoes with broth, salt and pepper; squeeze softened garlic into potatoes and mix well., In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms, meat crumbles, carrots and celery; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup broth, rosemary, soy sauce, salt and pepper; cover and cook 10 minutes., Combine flour and remaining broth until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in peas., Preheat oven to 350°. Transfer vegetable mixture to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; cover with potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 753mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BAKED MEATLOAF SHEPHERD'S PIE
After doing a search, I couldn't find a decent Shepherd's Pie recipe... I did find recipes for meatloaf and mashed potato bake, however. And thus, Baked Meatloaf Shepherd Pie was birthed. This recipe is an adaptation of two highly rated recipes, Meatloaf #54257 and Mashed Potato Bake #41344. It is comfort food and a great dish to bring to someone who needs a meal, as it doubles easily, and freezes well. Enjoy!
Provided by bryan.family
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare meatloaf: Combine first eight ingredients in a large bowl.
- Smooth into a loaf baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- While meatloaf is baking, prepare potatoes: Boil potatoes until tender, drain water.
- Mash potatoes with fork, stirring in 1/3 cup of half & half.
- In skillet melt margarine and brown slices of onions.
- Put on lid and cook, stirring occasionally, making sure all of the onions get brown (usually about 10 minutes).
- Mix potatoes and onions in a medium-size bowl.
- Place mixture in 2-qt baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- When meatloaf and potatoes are done, remove from oven.
- Assemble shepherd's pie: Drain the meatloaf of grease and spoon into a 3-qt casserole dish (The meatloaf will break apart as you spoon it out.) Mash the meatloaf down into a flat layer.
- Mix peas and carrots together and add them on top of the beef.
- Spoon mashed potato mixture on top of the vegetables. The potatoes should form the top layer, so be careful not to mix the vegetables with the potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 599.9, Fat 25.4, SaturatedFat 12.8, Cholesterol 156, Sodium 699.4, Carbohydrate 58.3, Fiber 9.6, Sugar 11, Protein 35.3
MEATLOAF SHEPHERD'S PIE
This is my favorite Shepherds Pie recipe. Using leftover meatloaf gives it a great flavor. We like it so much I've made meatloaf just to fix this. :) The prep time is with using leftover meatloaf and instant potatoes.
Provided by Nicole Brummett
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place meatloaf slices in a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Cover with gravy; top with corn.
- Combine potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream, and onions.
- Spread over corn.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
More about "meatloaf shepherds pie recipes"
MEATLOAF SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - YUMMY.PH
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Sauté finely chopped white onions and finely chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add meatloaf and tomato sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add frozen vegetables and Italian seasoning; simmer for 10 more minutes. Transfer to an oven-safe dish. Top with mashed potatoes and bake until top is golden, about 20 minutes.
MEATLOAF SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.9/5 (68)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 429 per serving
TRADITIONAL SHEPHERD’S PIE (GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE WITH …
MEATLOAF SHEPHERD'S PIE | RECIPES | FEASTMAGAZINE.COM
EASY MEAT LOVERS SHEPHERD'S PIE - THE RECIPE REBEL
OUR TOP 12 SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SHEPHERD'S PIE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
ULTIMATE BEEF SHEPHERD'S PIE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
LEFTOVER MEATLOAF AND MASHED POTATOES SHEPHERD'S PIE
SHEPHERD'S PIE MEATLOAF WITH PARMESAN POTATO CRUST AND …
SHEPHERD'S PIE WITH LEFTOVER ROAST BEEF OR LAMB RECIPE
BEST SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - GREAT WAY TO USE LEFTOVERS!
DUTCH OVEN SHEPHERD'S PIE - URBAN BLISS LIFE
SHEPHERD'S PIE MEATLOAF RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
VEGGIE LOAF & FARMER’S PIE (AKA: MEATLOAF & SHEPHERD’S PIE)
ULTIMATE SHEPHERD'S PIE WITH BEEF AND PORK - NO PLATE LIKE HOME
BEST SHEPHERD PIE RECIPE ITH MEATLOAF: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
21 MEATLOAF/MEATBALL RECIPES/SHEPHERDS PIE IDEAS IN 2022
MEATLOAF SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MEAT LOAF SHEPHERD'S PIE | READY SET EAT
MEATLOAF SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - EUROPEAN RECIPES
SHEPHERD'S PIE MEATLOAF WITH PARMESAN POTATO CRUST AND STILTON …
MEATLOAF SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
MEATLOAF SHEPHERD'S PIE - PLAIN.RECIPES
SHEPHERD'S PIE MEATLOAF RECIPE | WHAT'S COOKING AMERICA
SHEPHERD'S PIE MEATLOAF RECIPE. | RECIPE | RECIPES, COOKING
SHEPHERD'S PIE MEATLOAF RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MEAT LOAF PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
LEFT OVER MEATLOAF NON-TRADITIONAL SHEPHERDS PIE - RECIPE
CLASSIC SHEPHERD'S PIE - OH SWEET BASIL
SHEPHERD'S PIE - DINNER REINVENTED
420 MEATLOAF/SHEPHERD'S PIE IDEAS IN 2022 | COOKING RECIPES, …
32 MEATLOAF AND SHEPHERD PIE IDEAS | SHEPHERDS PIE, BEEF RECIPES, …
MEATLOAF SHEPHERD’S PIE – CHAWTIME
MEATLOAF RECIPE: EASY SHEPHERDS PIE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Shepherd’s pie with meatloaf and potatoes?Mix potatoes and onions in a medium-size bowl. Place mixture in 2-qt baking dish and top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. When meatloaf and potatoes are done, remove from oven. Assemble shepherd’s pie: Drain the meatloaf of grease and spoon into a 3-qt casserole dish (The meatloaf will break apart as you spoon it out.)
What is Shepherd's pie made of?Shepherd's pie is a casserole dish where meat, usually lamb, pork, or beef, is topped with fluffy mashed potatoes. This shepherd's pie recipe uses leftover meatloaf for a quick and easy dinner recipe.
How do you cook meatloaf with corn on the cob?Place meat loaf slices in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover with gravy; top with corn. Combine potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream and onions; spread over corn. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Can you use meatloaf instead of meat pie?Meatloaf shepherd's pie is a delicious comfort food without the hassle of making a meat pie from scratch. Rather than chopping and browning beef for a meat pie, use leftover meatloaf to save time and money.