MEATLOAF WITH GROUND LAMB
I didn't have enough ground beef to make a whole meat loaf, so I made it with half ground lamb and half extra lean ground beef. It turned out to be the most flavourful and juicy meatloaf I have ever made!
Provided by ItsTheLadyV
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion, garlic, thyme, and basil in the olive oil until the onion is soft and almost golden. Take the skillet off the heat and let the mix cool slightly.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat. Add the breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Add the ground meats and your cooled onion, garlic, and herbs.
- Add the worcestershire sauce and ketchup (or tomato paste).
- Mix everything together and place in a greased loaf pan. Make sure you pack it down tightly.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes. Drain the fat and serve!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with oil.
- Place bread and milk in a small bowl. Press bread with a fork to soak up the milk.
- Combine lamb, egg, garlic, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, lemon zest, coriander, basil, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add soaked bread; discard the leftover milk. Mix with hands until well combined. Transfer meatloaf to the prepared pan.
- Combine tomato sauce and mint; spread evenly over the meatloaf. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 409.3 calories, Carbohydrate 12.2 g, Cholesterol 125 mg, Fat 29.7 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 22.3 g, SaturatedFat 12.4 g, Sodium 734.7 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients just until well combined but not overmixed.
- In 13x9 metal baking pan, shape meat mixture into 9x5 inch loaf.
- Bake meat loaf 1 hour approx, drain fat half way through cooking, if needed.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
More about "meatloaf with ground lamb recipes"
LAMB AND GOAT BACON MEATLOAF - SHEPHERD SONG FARM
THE TOP 24 IDEAS ABOUT GROUND LAMB MEATLOAF - BEST …
MEATLOAF RECIPE (EXTRA DELICIOUS!) | RECIPETIN EATS
10 BEST GROUND LAMB MEATLOAF RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRANDMA'S OLD-FASHIONED MEATLOAF RECIPE - THE …
10 BEST GROUND LAMB AND BEEF MEATLOAF RECIPES | YUMMLY
LAMB MEATLOAF WITH YOGURT SAUCE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
HOMEMADE MEATLOAF RECIPE - BEST EVER! - MARY'S NEST
GROUND LAMB MEATLOAF RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.5/5 (30)Category Entree, Dinner, LunchAuthor Tyrone BrownCalories 483 per serving
GROUND LAMB MEATLOAF RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
RECIPE FOR GROUND LAMB MEATLOAF BEST RECIPES
LAMB MEATLOAF WITH YOGURT SAUCE - SIMPLE SEASONAL
GROUND LAMB RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
TANDOORI LAMB MEATLOAF - MY HEART BEETS
OUR 10 BEST GROUND LAMB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THE BEST MEATLOAF WITH GARLIC MASHED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE
MEATLOAF WITH GROUND LAMB | RECIPE CART
GROUND BEEF MEATLOAF RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
MEAT LOAF GROUND LAMB - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
VERY BASIC MEATLOAF - RIVER COTTAGE FARM
MOROCCAN LAMB MEATLOAF | MY KITCHEN STORIES
GROUND LAMB MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEST LAMB MEATLOAF RECIPE - MY RECIPE MAGIC
GROUND LAMB MEATLOAF RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
THE BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF - THE WHOLESOME DISH
GREEK LAMB MEATLOAF (FAMILY FRIENDLY!) – FIT MAMA REAL FOOD
WHOLE 30 MEATLOAF RECIPE: BETTER-THAN-GRANDMA’S WHOLE30 …
LAMB MEAT LOAF WITH FETA CHEESE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LAMB MEATLOAF RECIPE - DEBRAGGA
THE TOP 24 IDEAS ABOUT LAMB AND BEEF MEATLOAF - BEST RECIPES …
LAMB MEATLOAF WITH FETA - SLOW THE COOK DOWN
COOKING RECIPE: BISON LAMB MEATLOAF | DADS THAT COOK
MEATLOAF WITH GROUND LAMB RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | GROUND …
GREEK LAMB MEATLOAF | AROUND ANNA'S TABLE
31 EASY GROUND LAMB RECIPES ANYONE CAN COOK - ALL NUTRITIOUS
LAMB MEAT LOAF GLUTEN FREE - LET'S BE YUMMY
23 EASY GROUND LAMB RECIPES - TOP RECIPES
INA GARTEN’S MEATLOAF (EASY RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
PAT LAFRIEDA'S FOUR-MEAT MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
LAMB MEATLOAF RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
LAMB AND BEEF MEATLOAF RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
STUFFED LAMB MEATLOAF RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
TURKEY MEATLOAF WITH ZUCCHINI - SKINNYTASTE
TRADITIONAL GREEK MEATLOAF RECIPE (LAMB LOAF) - HEALTHY HOME …
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #beef #lamb-sheep #dietary #comfort-food #low-carb #ground-beef #low-in-something #meat #taste-mood #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Lamb meatloaf in the oven?Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place bread and milk in a small bowl. Combine lamb, egg, garlic, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, lemon zest, coriander, basil, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Combine tomato sauce and mint; spread evenly over the meatloaf.
How to make Lamb loaf with eggs?Steps to Make It. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine lamb, beef, eggs, and bread crumbs. Mix well. (Hands work best!) Add onion, green pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, basil, and cinnamon. Mix well, making sure spices are thoroughly spread throughout mixture. Transfer mixture into a lightly greased loaf pan.
What is in Greek Lamb meatloaf?Greek Lamb Meatloaf combines ground lamb, spinach, red onion, oregano, and mint for a wonderfully delicious, Greek inspired meal. Add a sprinkle of feta cheese on top to bring the flavors all together. If you’re new to cooking with ground lamb, this recipe is a very easy one to get started with!
What is Lamb Loaf?It really is a very flavorful twist on basic meatloaf made with grassfed ground beef. There are a number of small farms available to source grassfed ground lamb to make your lamb loaf, by the way.