JALAPENO CHEESE GRITS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the grits according to the directions on the back of the package. Remove from the heat and add next 6 ingredients (Cheddar through chilies). Stir well and season with garlic salt, to taste. Pour into a buttered 9-inch baking dish and bake for 1 hour. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.
CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- Bring milk, water, and salt to a boil in a large saucepan; gradually sprinkle grits into the boiling liquid, stirring to combine. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir processed cheese, sharp Cheddar cheese, butter, and garlic powder into grits, stirring until cheese has melted. Let the mixture stand until cooled, about 15 minutes. Stir beaten eggs into grits; transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is lightly golden brown and the grits are set, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262.8 calories, Carbohydrate 6.7 g, Cholesterol 96.6 mg, Fat 20.6 g, Protein 13.1 g, SaturatedFat 12.4 g, Sodium 727.1 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
I grew up on grits and have fixed them various ways. I decided to put a new twist on them with this recipe, and my husband says it's a keeper. Even the leftovers are good.-Barbara Moorhead, Gaffney, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, bring milk and 1/2 cup butter to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes., In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir a small amount of hot grits into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Melt remaining butter; stir into grits. Add the corn, chilies, cheese, salt and pepper., Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362 calories, Fat 25g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 108mg cholesterol, Sodium 829mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
MEXICAN CHEESE GRITS SOUFFLE
Woohooo The US South, Mexico and France all in one recipe!!! If jalapenos are too hot, sub in the diced green chiles from a can.
Provided by Charmie777
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Stir grits into boiling water; add salt.
- Cook 10 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until grits are thickened; remove from heat.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Saute' onion and garlic in butter; add to grits.
- Stir in peppers.
- Add a small amount of hot grits to egg yolks, stirring well.
- Add egg yolk mixture to grits, mixing well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into grits.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 2-qt. casserole.
- Bake at 350º for 45-50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334.3, Fat 19.4, SaturatedFat 11.4, Cholesterol 175.6, Sodium 694.1, Carbohydrate 23.5, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 1.3, Protein 15.9
CHEESY GRITS MEXICANO
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until the onion is tender and has turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the onion is dark brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Once caramelized, stir in the portobello mushroom, enchilada sauce, and 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes. Keep warm over low heat.
- Meanwhile, bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Whisk in the cornmeal and turn heat to low. Simmer, whisking the grits frequently until thickened, about 10 minutes. Whisk in the milk once thick, and continue cooking until the grits are tender. Once done, remove from the heat, and whisk in the Cheddar cheese and bacon salt. Season to taste with black pepper and additional bacon salt. Top the grits with the sauce to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363.4 calories, Carbohydrate 49.8 g, Cholesterol 21.4 mg, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 10.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 510.4 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
MEXICAN CHEESE GRITS
I made this for breakfast yesterday. Had a wonderful creamy texture, not to mention the great cheese flavor. Increase the spices if you like hotter.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Prepare grits according to package directions.
- Stir in Velveeta cheese until melted.
- Mix together the milk and eggs; add to the grits mixture and stir to combine.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add the onion, red bell pepper, garlic, and green chiles.
- Saute, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Add the onion mixture, 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste to the grits mixture; stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheddar cheese and bake 5-10 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395.9, Fat 25.2, SaturatedFat 15.6, Cholesterol 129.7, Sodium 731.1, Carbohydrate 22.9, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 4.3, Protein 19.5
FAJITA-STYLE SHRIMP AND GRITS
I combined two of my favorite dishes-fajitas and shrimp with cheesy grits-into this spicy one-dish meal. For more heat, use pepper jack cheese instead of a Mexican cheese blend. -Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sprinkle shrimp with fajita seasoning; toss to coat. Set aside., Slowly stir grits into boiling water. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted; stir in milk. Keep warm., In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until tender and pepper edges are slightly charred. Add salsa, orange juice and shrimp. Cook, stirring constantly, until shrimp turn pink, 4-6 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup cilantro. Remove from heat., Spoon grits into serving bowls; top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 561 calories, Fat 23g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 176mg cholesterol, Sodium 1324mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
MEXICAN CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE
Grits are a staple in the south. We eat them any meal, any time. This recipe is a good way to start eating grits if you have never tried them. It has cheese, onions, green chilies, and eggs in the casserole to enhance the flavor and texture of the grits. Hope you will give grits a try!
Provided by Judy Martin
Categories Breakfast Casseroles
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. Cook grits according to package directions.
- 2. Stir in Velveeta cheese until melted.
- 3. Stir together the milk and the eggs. Beat, then stir into grits.
- 4. Melt 2 Tbsp. in large skillet. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and chili peppers. Saute until onion is tender.
- 5. Stir onion mixture and 1 cup grated cheddar and red pepper into grits. Pour into a buttered 9X13" baking dish. Cover with foil.
- 6. Bake 350 degrees for 30 min. Then sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and bake uncovered another 5-10 min. until bubbly and cheese is melted.
MEXICAN SHRIMP AND GRITS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Peel the shrimp and set aside, reserving the shrimp shells.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Add the shrimp shells and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool the shrimp stock, and strain. Discard the shells.
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 1/2 cups shrimp stock and 1/2 teaspoon salt to boil over medium heat. Add the grits, stirring well. Add the butter and stir until melted. Cover, and reduce the heat to low. Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 15 to 20 minutes. Add the Velveeta, and stir until melted. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the chorizo and cook until browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes. Remove the chorizo, to a plate or bowl, leaving the drippings in the skillet. Add up to 3 tablespoons olive oil, if necessary. Put the skillet over medium heat, and add the onion. Cook for 4 minutes, then add the red pepper and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the flour, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Gradually add 2 cups of shrimp stock, stirring to scrape the bottom of the skillet and to prevent lumps. Stir in the cooked chorizo, and increase the heat to medium-high. Bring the mixture to a boil, and cook until slightly thickened. Add the shrimp, and cook until they turn pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, then add the cream and lime juice. Stir in the green onion, cilantro and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Transfer the grits to a serving platter and spoon the shrimp mixture over the top. Garnish with green onion and serve.
More about "mexican cheese grits recipes"
BAKED ROTEL TOMATO CHEESE GRITS - PLAIN CHICKEN
5/5 (2)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
- Bring chicken broth and salt to boil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add grits, stirring constantly until blended. Cook on low heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, Velveeta, butter, garlic powder and Rotel; stir until cheeses are melted. Set aside.
- Beat eggs lightly in small bowl. Add small amount of hot grits mixture to eggs; mix well. Gradually add egg mixture to remaining hot grits mixture, stirring constantly until blended.
TEX-MEX CHEESY GRITS CASSEROLE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hrCuisine SouthwesternCalories 29 per serving
CREAMY GRITS MEXI-CASSEROLE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Servings 8Total Time 4 hrs 53 minsCategory Food, Slow Cooker
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high. Gradually whisk in grits, and cook 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in milk, cream, and butter. Whisk in salt, peppers, and breadcrumbs. Lightly grease a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place grits mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours. Remove lid; whisk grits until smooth, and top with cheese. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
CREAMY CHEESE GRITS WITH CHILIES - RECIPES, COUNTRY LIFE ...
5/5 (1)Category Main Dish, Side DishServings 8Total Time 50 mins
BBQ PORK WITH CHEESY GRITS | KEVIN IS COOKING
5/5 (7)Total Time 25 minsCategory MainCalories 850 per serving
- While grits are simmering, pick meat from pork ribs and chop. Place in a small saucepan with BBQ sauce and cook on low for 10 minutes.
MEXICAN PORK RIBS WITH CREAMY CHEESE GRITS - GLEBE KITCHEN
4.9/5 (7)Category MainCuisine MexicanTotal Time 3 hrs 25 mins
MEXICAN CHEESE GRITS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Cook grits according to package directions. Stir in cheese product until melted. Stir together milk and eggs; stir into grits mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and next 3 ingredients, and sauté until tender. Stir onion mixture, 1 cup shredded cheese, and ground red pepper into grits mixture. Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes; sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, and bake 5 to 10 more minutes or until cheese melts.
MEXICAN SHRIMP AND GRITS | PAULA DEEN
Servings 15Total Time 15 mins
FLEUR DE LOLLY: BAKED JALAPENO CHEESE GRITS | RECIPES ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
MEXICAN SHRIMP & GRITS SMOTHERED IN CHORIZO TOMATO …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
MEXICAN CHEESE GRITS RECIPE BY DIET.CHEF | IFOOD.TV
Grits 3/4 Cup (12 tbs)Shredded sharp cheddar cheese 2 OunceSalt 1/4 TeaspoonWater 2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)
MEXICAN CHEESE GRITS RECIPES
MEXICAN CHEESE GRITS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MEXICAN CHEESE GRITS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
GRITS CORN - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
MEXICAN CACTUS GRITS RECIPE
CHEESY MEXICAN CASSEROLES YOU NEED IN YOUR LIFE | SOUTHERN ...
MEXICAN CHEESE GRITS - COOKEATSHARE
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #breakfast #mexican #oven #kid-friendly #grains #dietary #high-calcium #high-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #brunch #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love