MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP RECIPE
- Soak the lentils in water for 30 minutes then drain the water from the lentils and rinse under cold water.
- Place the lentils in a large pot. Add the 2 quarts of chicken broth and 1/2 of the white onion.
- On high bring to a boil. When the lentils have come to a boil reduce the heat to medium. Add 1 tsp. salt. Remove any foam that forms.
- Cut the strips of bacon in half.
- In a medium-hot pan, cook the bacon until it has started to brown on both sides.
- Add the browned bacon to the lentils and continue cooking over medium heat. Remove the half onion from the lentils and discard.
- Peel and chop the carrots into 1/4 in. pieces.
- Chop the onion into 1/4 in. pieces.
- Remove the seeds and chop the tomatoes into 1/4 in. pieces.
- Preheat 3 tbsps. olive oil to medium hot. Add the onion first and cook for 3 minutes until the onions just start to become translucent.
- Add the carrots and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are just starting to break apart.
- Add the onion, carrot, tomato mixture, and the sprigs of cilantro to the lentils and stir.
- Cook your lentils for 10 more minutes. Add water one cup at a time if the soup is too thick. Taste and add salt if needed before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375 kcal, Carbohydrate 42 g, Protein 22 g, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Cholesterol 11 mg, Sodium 441 mg, Fiber 18 g, Sugar 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP
A healthy and hearty vegetarian soup everyone will love! It's packed with nutritious ingredients and all those Mexican flavors will leave you craving more. Leftovers make a delicious lunch the next day too!
Provided by Jaclyn
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in onion, bell pepper, carrots and jalapeno and saute 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute 2 minutes longer. Stir in broth, tomatoes, lentils, chili powder, cumin, and coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring just a few times throughout cooking, until lentils are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Serve warm topping each serving with tortilla strips, avocados and cotija cheese.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy
Nutrition Facts : Calories 486 kcal, Carbohydrate 56 g, Protein 22 g, Fat 22 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 11 mg, Sodium 518 mg, Fiber 20 g, Sugar 9 g, ServingSize 1 serving
LENTIL SOUP WITH BACON
- In a saucepan, brown the bacon. Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Add onion and carrots, cook 5 minutes.
- Add lentils, chicken broth and bay leaf.
- Let simmer 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add the bacon, cumin and parsley.
MEXICAN STYLE LENTIL SOUP
This is a hearty, spicy and highly nutrious soup. Vegetarians can ommit the bacon. I would like to add that you don't have to add cumin to dishes to make them taste Mexican or authentic. I was born and raised in Mexico, and most of the dishes my family and friends enjoy there have little or no cumin at all. I'm appalled when I see recipes that call for more than a pinch of this spice.
Provided by Molly Bloom
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Soak the lentils overnight.
- Boil them in about a liter of water with the half onion and the whole garlic clove. If the pot starts to run dry, just add more water. Remove onion and garlic after they finish cooking.
- In a large pot, fry the bacon until slightly crispy.
- Add chopped onions, jalapenos and crushed garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add cooked lentils with their juices and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer in low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134.6, Fat 8.7, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 12.8, Sodium 159.7, Carbohydrate 9, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 1.7, Protein 5.5
SLOW COOKER LENTIL SOUP WITH BACON
This recipe is so cheap and so basic it will please anyone's empty belly, great for the cold, wet winters (even dry ones), and smells so delectable while cooking. Feel free to adjust the seasoning to your own liking. Serve with corn bread.
Provided by Jen Vanleeuwen
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Rinse lentils well under cold running water. Drain and transfer to a slow cooker. Pour in water until water level is twice as high as lentils. Add bay leaf and set slow cooker to High.
- Meanwhile, heat onion and bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until bacon is crispy, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with garlic powder and transfer bacon-onion mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cook on High until lentils are tender, about 5 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259.5 calories, Carbohydrate 36.5 g, Cholesterol 10.2 mg, Fat 4.5 g, Fiber 17.6 g, Protein 18.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 223.5 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
More about "mexican lentil soup with bacon recipes"
MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP, VEGAN RECIPE - PILONCILLO Y VAINILLA
FRENCH LENTIL SOUP - ONCE UPON A CHEF
10 BEST MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE: MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP | CBC LIFE
MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP RECIPE (SOPA DE LENTEJAS)
MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP RECIPE | COOKING CLASS IN MEXICO
LENTIL SOUP WITH CHORIZO RECIPE | SOPA DE LENTEJAS CON …
SMOKY BACON & LENTIL SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
GREEN LENTIL & BACON SOUP - TROIS FOIS PAR JOUR
BACON LENTIL SOUP RECIPE - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
LENTIL SOUP WITH TUBETTI AND BACON RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BACON, MUSHROOM, AND LENTIL SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PUY LENTIL SOUP WITH BACON RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LENTIL SOUP WITH BACON | KITCHEN BASICS - MCCORMICK
MEXICAN CHICKEN LENTIL SOUP - GIMME SOME OVEN
LENTEJAS (MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP WITH CHORIZO) - MARICRUZ AVALOS …
SCOTTISH RED LENTIL SOUP WITH BACON - CARRIE'S KITCHEN
FRENCH LENTIL SOUP WITH BACON - BY ANDREA JANSSEN
MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP RECIPE - MY EVERYDAY TABLE
RECIPE: MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP - BEST RECIPES EVER - CBC.CA
MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP WITH BACON ABEST DISHES WITH BACON - RECIPE …
LENTIL BACON SOUP OR CHARRO LENTILS (LENTEJAS WITH BACON)
MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP - RECIPE
LENTIL SOUP (WITH BACON!) RECIPE - BACK TO THE CUTTING BOARD
MEXICAN RED LENTIL STEW - BUDGET BYTES
MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP WITH BACON TASTY RECIPES - RECIPES IDEAS
LENTIL AND BACON SOUP - SOMETHING SWEET SOMETHING SAVOURY
LENTIL SOUP WITH CHORIZO AND BACON - MAMA ÍA
MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP WITH BACON THE BEST RECIPES WITH BACON
MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP WITH BACON YOU HAVE TO TRY - BEST RECIPES AT …
VEGAN LENTIL SOUP | SOPA DE LENTEJAS | MEXICAN MADE MEATLESS™
CREAMY LENTIL SOUP RECIPE WITH BACON - BLUEBOXRECIPE
LENTIL SOUP WITH CAULIFLOWER AND BACON RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP | RECIPES FRIEND
5 INGREDIENT CROCK POT BACON AND LEEK LENTIL SOUP
LENTIL SOUP WITH TUBETTI AND BACON RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
LENTIL SOUP WITH BACON | CANS GET YOU COOKING
LENTIL AND BACON SOUP - VIKALINKA
SMOKY LENTIL AND BACON SOUP • MY POCKET KITCHEN
LENTIL SOUP WITH BACON AND CILANTRO | THE SPLENDID TABLE
SOPA DE LENTEJAS - AUTHENTIC MEXICAN LENTIL SOUP RECIPE
20 BEST MEXICAN SOUP RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
You'll also love