AUTHENTIC MOLE SAUCE
- Toast guajillo chiles, ancho chiles, and chipotle chiles in a dry pan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until warm and aromatic, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the blender with chicken broth.
- Heat 2 cups chicken broth in a saucepan until it begins to simmer, about 5 minutes. Pour broth into a blender.
- Toast dinner roll pieces and tortilla strips in a dry pan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the blender with chicken broth and chiles
- Allow the chiles and toasted bread and tortillas to soak, fully submerged, in the chicken broth until softened, about 10 minutes. Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Cook tomatoes and tomatillos in a dry skillet on medium-high heat until soft and blackened, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place tomatoes in the blender with the chile puree.
- Melt lard in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, garlic, peanuts, raisins, cumin seeds, thyme, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and allspice berries; cook and stir until onions are soft and golden, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove the cinnamon sticks and other whole spices; add onion mixture to the blender with the chile-tomato mixture and blend until smooth.
- Pour chile puree into a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in chocolate chicken broth, sugar, and salt. Bring mixture to a simmer; stir until chocolate is melted and sauce is thickened and slightly reduced, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 506.8 calories, Carbohydrate 74.9 g, Cholesterol 7.1 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 11.3 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 8.8 g, Sodium 1372.7 mg, Sugar 42.5 g
MEXICAN MOLE SAUCE
This is a good version to make with ingredients you can keep on hand. Serve with a rotisserie chicken or your own cooked chicken to give it an entirely different flavor. Rice and/or tortillas plus salad greens, sliced avocado, and chopped tomatoes round out a simple but special meal.
Provided by ROSEP47
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender. Mix in cocoa powder, cumin, cilantro, and garlic. Stir in the tomato soup and green chile peppers. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Transfer to a gravy boat or pour directly over food to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88.2 calories, Carbohydrate 13.7 g, Fat 3.8 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 752.8 mg, Sugar 6.7 g
AUTHENTIC MOLE FROM VERACRUZ MEXICO
My MIL gave me this recipe. She makes this for any special occasion. Its delicious and beats the base you buy in a jar here in the US.
Provided by cervantesbrandi
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Place the water, chicken base or cubes and chicken in a stock pot. Bring the water to a boil, turn the heat down to a medium simmer, cover and cook the chicken for 1 hour or until fork tender and the meat shreds easily.
- While the chicken is cooking pour the oil into a large saute pan. Heat the oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot enough add in all ingredients from the dried chiles to the garlic clove. Fry the ingredients for 1 minute or until fragrant making sure not to burn the chiles.
- Strain the ingredients and discard all of the oil except for 2 tablespoons Place the strained ingredients possibly working in two batches in the blender.
- When the chicken is done, remove the meat from the broth and add in 2 cups of broth into the blender and half of the fried tortilla. Blend on high for 5 minutes.
- Heat the 2 tbsp of reserved oil on medium heat in the large skillet you were using before and pour in the blended mole.
- Then pour the other batch of chile and spices into the blender with the other half of the tortilla and 2 cups of broth and blend on high for 5 minutes.
- Pour the other batch of mole in the saute pan and stir to combine. Place the piloncillo and chocolate in the mole and stir until melted. Taste to adjust for salt.
- Add in the chicken pieces spooning the sauce over the chicken. Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes to marry the flavors. Serve with fresh warm corn tortillas and white rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1210.1, Fat 88.6, SaturatedFat 20, Cholesterol 246.2, Sodium 361.1, Carbohydrate 42.7, Fiber 9.1, Sugar 12.2, Protein 63.6
MOLE (MO-LAY) SAUCE
This is my version of mole sauce. It can hold its own against the mole at our great local Mexican restaurant. I usually double this recipe, but that's just me. The original recipe calls for 5 TBSP(yes, 5)of chili powder. I cut it in half, but you can take it from there. And don't judge the taste until you add the chocolate. It's just not done until you finish this step! Serve it over good chicken, over enchiladas,or burritos. I think it is good with lots of things. I served it the other night over leftovers from canarygirl's Chicken Verde, and it was superb!(Her recipe stands on its own as a great dish, I just enhanced my leftovers! Thanks, canarygirl!)
Provided by ciao4293
Yield 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over med.
- low heat.
- Add onion, garlic, oregano, cumin and cinnamon.
- Cover and cook until onion is almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in chili powder and flour, stir for 3 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth.
- Increase heat to med. high.
- Boil until reduced, about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in chocolate; season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356.5, Fat 26.8, SaturatedFat 8.8, Sodium 1239.1, Carbohydrate 24.5, Fiber 7.1, Sugar 4.1, Protein 12.8
More about "mexican mole sauce recipes"
MOLE – MEXICO'S FAMOUS SAUCE WITH RECIPE - AMIGOFOODS
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
MAKING THE PERFECT MEXICAN MOLE SAUCE - CASA BLANCA …
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC MOLE POBLANO WITH CHICKEN
AUTHENTIC MOLE POBLANO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER MOLE SAUCE?
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE WITH A DELICIOUS MOLE SAUCE - COOKING …
RECIPES USING MOLE PASTE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
MEXICAN MOLE SAUCE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
20-MINUTE MOLE SAUCE - GIMME SOME OVEN
AUTHENTIC MOLE SAUCE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
DIY MEXICAN MOLE SAUCE / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
SWEET AND SMOKY MEXICAN MOLé SAUCE RECIPE - DELISHABLY
MEXICAN MOLE SAUCE RECIPE FROM LINDT CANADA
MOLE SAUCE RECIPE (WITH CHICKEN) | KITCHN
MOLE SAUCE CASSEROLE | PASTEL AZTECA DE MOLE | MEXICAN RECIPES
SERIOUS HEAT: SILKY, SPICY MOLE SAUCE RECIPE
CHEESE ENCHILADAS WITH MOLE SAUCE - MEXICAN FOOD JOURNAL
MEXICAN MOLE SAUCE RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
OAXACAN BLACK MOLE SAUCE AND ENMOLADAS | SAVEUR
MOLE SAUCE RECIPE: AUTHENTIC MEXICAN - RESTLESS CHIPOTLE
27 BEST MEXICAN CROCKPOT RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE!
DOñA MARIA MOLE | MEXICAN FOOD RECIPES | MEXICO IN MY KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE AN EASY MEXICAN MOLE SAUCE - INSTRUCTABLES
DOñA MARIA MOLE RECIPES A WONDERFUL INTRODUCTION TO MEXICAN …
CHICKEN MOLE | CHICKEN RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPE
MOLE ROJO SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN MOLE SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
10 BEST COOKING WITH MOLE SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MOLE POBLANO RECIPE | MEXICAN PLEASE
EASY CHOCOLATE MOLE SAUCE RECIPE - COTTER CRUNCH
MOLE COLORADITO RECIPE | MEXICAN PLEASE
EASY MOLE SAUCE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY MOLE SAUCE RECIPE (READY IN 20 MINUTES!) - EVOLVING TABLE
MEXICAN MOLE SAUCE RECIPE: PORK WITH GREEN MOLE AND WHITE BEANS
10 BEST MEXICAN CHOCOLATE MOLE SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHOOSING THE BEST STORE BOUGHT MOLE SAUCE - JUST MEXICAN FOOD
EASY MOLE SAUCE | FOODIECRUSH.COM
MOLE NEGRO SAUCE (BLACK MOLE SAUCE ) | FEASTING AT HOME
MOLE SAUCE: A GUIDE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
MEXICAN COOKING: MOLE SAUCE RECIPE AND TIPS TO MAKE MOLE SAUCE
EASY MOLE RECIPE - MAMá MAGGIE'S KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC MOLE SAUCE RECIPE
MEXICAN MOLE SAUCE RECIPE: PORK WITH GREEN MOLE AND WHITE BEANS
MOLE NEGRO RECIPE - OAXACAN MOLE NEGRO WITH TURKEY | HANK SHAW
You'll also love