Sit on the front porch in your rocking chair on a sultry afternoon and sip on one or two of these. The proper way to serve a mint julep is in a frozen silver goblet, but you can use glasses instead--just use the most elegant ones you have! You can make the syrup ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for whenever the julep mood strikes you.
Provided by jenn
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine water, sugar and chopped mint leaves in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Allow syrup to cool, approximately 1 hour. Pour syrup through a strainer to remove mint leaves
- Fill eight cups or frozen goblets with crushed ice and pour 4 ounces of bourbon and 1/4 cup mint syrup in each. (Proportions can be adjusted depending on each person's sweet tooth). Top each cup with a mint sprig and a straw. Trim straws to just barely protrude from the top of the cups. Serve juleps on a silver platter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 473 calories, Carbohydrate 50.3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 3 mg, Sugar 50 g
MINT DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly spray 12 muffin cups.
- Heat butter and chocolate together in a small saucepan over low heat until melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Mix milk, vinegar, and peppermint extract together in another small bowl.
- Beat sugar and eggs together in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale, about 3 minutes. Add melted chocolate and beat well to combine. Pour in 1/2 cup boiling water and beat until batter is well-blended. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed until incorporated. Add milk mixture and blend well. Fill muffin cups 3/4-full with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to wire rack and cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes.
- Combine 2 tablespoons cold water and gelatin in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until gelatin dissolves, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, but not until set, about 5 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons heavy cream, 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, and green food coloring in a large bowl. Whip with an electric mixer on low speed until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Beat in dissolved gelatin slowly. Increase speed to high and beat until frosting is stiff, about 3 minutes.
- Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes. Remove and discard cream filling from chocolate sandwich cookies; crush cookies. Scatter cookie crumbs over cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292.2 calories, Carbohydrate 35.7 g, Cholesterol 58.1 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 9.1 g, Sodium 145.2 mg, Sugar 24.2 g
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES
Can't make it to Kentucky for the Derby? Put on your prettiest hat and make these cupcakes inspired by Mint Juleps. They have a fair amount of Bourbon, but not nearly enough to taste exactly like a mint julep- just enough to make them for the adults only. And no matter who wins the race, I BET you'll enjoy them! Adapted From the Blog Cooking and Booking.
Provided by cookiedog
Yield 12-14 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and line cupcake cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, & salt. Set aside.
- In the mixer bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time. Once the eggs are combined, add the extracts. Slowly add in half of the flour mixture. Add the milk and liquors to the batter, then the rest of the flour. Mix as little as possible, just until the batter comes together.
- Divide evenly among the cupcake cups. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool.
- For the frosting: Whip the butter & shortening using the whisk attachment (if available). Slowly add in half the powdered sugar. Add in the extracts & bourbon. Add the rest of the powdered sugar. Then slowly add in milk until frosting reaches desired consistancy.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, frost and top with mint leaves and green sprinkles (optional, for decoration!).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340.9, Fat 13.9, SaturatedFat 8.1, Cholesterol 62.9, Sodium 276.7, Carbohydrate 45.3, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 33.8, Protein 2.9
More about "mint julep cupcakes recipes"
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES RECIPE - TODAY
4.5/5 (15)Category Desserts
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk to get rid of any lumps. Set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated. Beat in vanilla, bourbon and sour cream until combined.
HOW TO MAKE MINT JULEP CUPCAKES - BEST MINT JULEP …
Cuisine SouthernCategory Spring, Summer, Baking, DessertServings 12Total Time 50 mins
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES RECIPE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
Cuisine SouthernCategory DessertServings 18Calories 511 per serving
EASY AND FUN MINT JULEP CUPCAKE RECIPE - APRIL GOLIGHTLY
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES RECIPE // HOSTESS WITH THE …
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES AND HOW TO PIPE BUTTERCREAM ROSES
17 DELIGHTFUL MINT JULEP DESSERTS FOR DERBY DAY
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES - THE BAKER CHICK
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES | IF YOU GIVE A BLONDE A KITCHEN
MINT JULEP CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
6 MINT JULEP-INSPIRED DESSERT RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES RECIPE | CUPCAKE RECIPES, MINT JULEP, RECIPES
MINT JULEP FLAVORED DESSERTS - MINT JULEP RECIPES FOR DERBY DAY
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MINT JULEP CUPCAKE - RETIREMENT PARTY DESSERT IDEAS
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES - MASTERCOOK
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES - ALBION GOULD
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES — INSPIRATION APRON
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES – RECIPES NETWORK
THE BEST MINT JULEP RECIPE - THE G & M KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN MINT JULEP CUPCAKES
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, FOOD, …
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES | MOTHERS DAY DESSERTS, CUPCAKE RECIPES, …
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | GREEN DESSERTS ...
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES | KEEP IT SIMPLE SYRUP
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES WITH BUTTERCREAM ROSE FROSTING
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES – KAPPLER KITCHEN
BETTY'S MINT JULEP CUPCAKES - YOUTUBE
CUPCAKE WARS WINNING KENTUCKY DERBY MINT JULEP CUPCAKES
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES – COCONUT & LIME
KENTUCKY DERBY MINT JULEP CUPCAKES – MY ROI LIST
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES: A SWEET TREAT TO CELEBRATE THE KENTUCKY …
MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
MINT JULEP CUPCAKES RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #cupcakes #desserts #cakes
You'll also love