This is Hawaii's version of popcorn chicken! Marinate chicken overnight in a mochiko flour batter, then deep fry till crisp and golden.
Provided by Kathy YL Chan
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Chop the chicken into 1-inch, bite-size pieces.
- Mix all the other ingredients (mochiko flour, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, eggs, salt, garlic, and green onions) together in a bowl.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and marinate overnight (or at least 8 hours) in fridge.
- Fill a small pot 1" high with vegetable oil. Deep fry on medium-high heat until the chicken is crisp and golden brown. This takes about 6 minutes. Eat with rice ^_^
- Create the marinade by combining mochiko, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, eggs and green onions in a medium bowl. Make sure everything is blended. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces like nuggets, getting them as close to uniform in size as possible so they'll cook evenly when deep-frying.
- Add chicken to the marinade and use your hands to massage the chicken pieces and make sure they're all coated by the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Bring oil to 350 degrees F in a deep-fryer or Dutch oven.
- Fry chicken in batches until crispy, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top, if using, and serve.
HAWAIIAN MOCHIKO CHICKEN
This mochiko chicken is my daughter's favorite thing in the whole wide world. If you have never eaten mochiko chicken then you don't know what you been missing. This is a staple in many potlucks, tailgating and family gatherings. Mochiko is a Japanese sweet flour that makes a light batter. I make this for my family of 8 once a month. I have to triple the recipe and there is never leftovers.
Provided by Asia S.
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Chicken Fried Chicken Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix sugar, mochiko, cornstarch, and salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs, green onions, soy sauce, sesame seeds, and garlic together in a bowl. Whisk into the flour mixture to form a smooth batter.
- Stir chicken strips gently into the batter. Marinate in the refrigerator, 4 hours to overnight.
- Fill a deep saucepan with 1 1/2 inch oil; heat over medium heat. Fry chicken strips in batches in the hot oil, turning occasionally, until golden brown and no longer pink in the center, about 7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315.7 calories, Carbohydrate 14.1 g, Cholesterol 130.2 mg, Fat 15.7 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 28.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 669.4 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
A chicken dish that has been marinated for 24 hours, then deep fried. Add any spices you like!
Provided by Nancy Jones-Ailor
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Chicken Chicken Breast Recipes Pan-Fried
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cornstarch, soy sauce, salt, sugar, green onions, garlic, cayenne pepper and eggs. Mix well. Add the chicken and marinate for 24 hours, refrigerated.
- Remove from refrigerator, deep fry and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 709 calories, Carbohydrate 43 g, Cholesterol 321.1 mg, Fat 20.6 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 83.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 3820.8 mg, Sugar 15.6 g
SAM CHOY'S MOCHIKO CHICKEN
Sam Choy is one of my favorite chefs. This is a classic dish in Hawaii. Has a nice slightly sweet taste to it. And only 2 steps. Very Easy....
Provided by taz4477
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine marinade ingredients, and marinate chicken overnight in refrigerator.
- Allow excess marinade to drip off each piece before putting into oil.
- deep-fry until done.
CRISPY MOCHIKO CHICKEN
Classic Hawaiian-style chicken. Great for picnics, kids love this. Do not substitute the Mochiko for other flours...it's the secret ingredient! Cook time does not include time to marinate.
Provided by Akikobay
Yield 2 lbs
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix all ingredients together (except oil for frying) and marinate overnight.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 917.9, Fat 26.6, SaturatedFat 5.3, Cholesterol 475.5, Sodium 2965.6, Carbohydrate 42.1, Fiber 5, Sugar 1.4, Protein 122.4
More about "mochiko chicken recipes"
MOCHIKO CHICKEN | TASTE
BEST MOCHIKO CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PERFECT …
MOCHIKO CHICKEN RECIPE – JAPANESE COOKING 101
MOCHIKO CHICKEN RECIPE - VICE
PALEO | GLUTEN FREE " MOCHIKO " CHICKEN - ONCE UPON …
MOCHIKO CHICKEN | FOODLAND
RECIPES - MOCHIKO CHICKEN, KOCHUJANG AIOLI, SU-MISO, …
MOCHIKO CHICKEN RECIPE - JAPANESE FRIED CHICKEN – MY …
BAKED MOCHIKO CHICKEN - KTA SUPER STORES
MOCHIKO CHICKEN RECIPE | HAWAIIAN STYLE | KEEPING IT RELLE
HOW TO MAKE MOCHIKO CHICKEN | HAWAIIAN STYLE CHICKEN …
MOCHIKO CHICKEN (HAWAIIAN FRIED CHICKEN) - TARA'S MULTICULTURAL …
TRY THIS RECIPE FOR MOCHIKO FRIED CHICKEN, A PERFECT DISH FOR PICNICS
HEALTHY MOCHIKO CHICKEN RECIPE (SWEET AND SAVORY) - BIOTRUST
SWEET AND SALTY HAWAIIAN MOCHIKO CHICKEN RECIPE
SIMPLE MOCHIKO CHICKEN RECIPE - MASHED.COM
MOCHIKO CHICKEN | HAWAIIAN ELECTRIC
HAWAIIAN MOCHIKO FRIED CHICKEN - MAPLE LEAF
MOCHIKO CHICKEN - ALL WAYS DELICIOUS
MOCHIKO CHICKEN RECIPE - A HAWAIIAN-STYLE DEEP FRIED CHICKEN
HAWAIIAN STYLE MOCHIKO CHICKEN RECIPE - KEEPING IT RELLE
MOCHIKO CHICKEN RECIPE | COZYMEAL
MOCHIKO CHICKEN DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
MOCHIKO CHICKEN AIR FRYER RECIPE - THEBRILLIANTKITCHEN.COM
HOW TO MAKE MR. WADA’S MOCHIKO CHICKEN - YOUTUBE
17 BEST MOCHIKO FLOUR RECIPES (BUTTER MOCHI AND MORE)
NORI-WRAPPED MOCHIKO CHICKEN - SOUL&STREUSEL
MOCHIKO (JAPANESE SWEET RICE FLOUR) • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
MOCHIKO CHICKEN | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
MOCHIKO CHICKEN - JUSTJENN RECIPES
"HAWAIIAN STYLE" MOCHIKO FRIED CHICKEN - DADS THAT COOK
MOCHIKO CHICKEN - THE OISHII KITCHEN
LEMONGRASS MOCHIKO CHICKEN | KTA SUPER STORES
MOCHIKO FRIED CHICKEN | TASTE
MOCHIKO FRIED CHICKEN | THE SPLENDID TABLE
MOCHIKO CHICKEN RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
EASY MOCHIKO CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MOCHIKO SESAME CHICKEN RECIPE • COOKING HAWAIIAN STYLE
MOCHIKO FRIED CHICKEN - THE SPLENDID TABLE
HAWAIIAN FRIED CHICKEN (MOCHIKO CHICKEN WITH PONZU) | SAVEUR
MOCHIKO MAHI MAHI - COOKING HAWAIIAN STYLE
AIR FRYER MOCHIKO CHICKEN RECIPE - MOCHI MOMMY
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #healthy #appetizers #poultry #asian #easy #kid-friendly #chicken #deep-fry #dietary #low-saturated-fat #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less #technique
You'll also love