MOM'S CRACKED SUGAR COOKIES
This is a sugar cookie that you don't have to roll and cut. I always use a cookie scoop when making these. The last time I made them I had some organic cane sugar that I used to roll them in, it really seemed to add some extra sparkle to the finished cookies. The note my Mom had on the recipe is DO NOT double or flatten the cookies. The cookies will turn out slightly differently if you use a hand mixer or a big stand mixer. I use my KitchenAid stand mixer & bake the cookies for 10 minutes. They turn out flatter, slightly soft & chewy, just the way I like them. If you use a stand mixer you could chill your dough or add 2 tsp of instant clearjeI to it to stop the cookies from spreading as much. I think they would make a wonderful icecream sandwich.
Provided by Demelza
Categories Drop Cookies
Yield 36 cookies, 36 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cream butter & sugar.
- Mix in egg.
- Mix in flour, cream of tartar & baking soda till well combined.
- Drop tablespoon size balls in sugar, roll to coat.
- Place 12 cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet, do not flatten.
- Bake at 350 for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Slide parchment with cookies onto wire rack to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
MOM'S SUGAR COOKIES
Makes a big, tender cookie for those who don't like crispy sugar cookies. Great for any holiday. My mom would kill me if she knew I was posting this recipe-it's a family secret...so don't tell!
Provided by Divinemom5
Yield 36 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar, shortening and eggs.
- Add 1 cup flour, soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Combine milk and vanilla.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with remaining 4 cups flour.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Roll onto lightly floured surface 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with desired shapes.
- Bake on ungreased cookies sheets at 400°F for 8-10 minutes or until edges just begin to turn light golden brown.
- Cool and frost with favorite frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 154.6, Fat 6.4, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 11.3, Sodium 79, Carbohydrate 22, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 8.4, Protein 2.4
MOMMOM'S SUGAR COOKIES
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add shortening, mixing with a fork. Add eggs and vanilla, stirring until well incorporated. Chill dough for several hours or overnight. Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Roll out chilled dough thinly on a floured surface (tip: roll between two sheets of waxed paper sprinkled with flour to keep from sticking). Cut with cookie cutters and bake on ungreased cookie sheet for about 8 minutes or until lightly golden in color.
- If desired, when cool, decorate with one of our frosting, icing, or glaze recipes, or decorate with purchased decorators frosting.
Nutrition Facts :
MOM'S SUGAR COOKIES
My mom has made these cookies for Christmas every year of my life-- it wouldn't be the holidays without them! Simply the best sugar cookie recipe I've ever tasted. Make sure to roll the cookies nice and thick so that they bake up light and fluffy! A wonderful, classic recipe that will be in our family for generations.
Provided by dulce_amore
Yield 3 dozen cookies, 36 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Cream sugar, shortening and eggs in large mixing bowl. Mix in other ingredients-add flour a little at a time, using wooden spoon if mix gets too thick for electric mixer. Chill dough for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use plenty of flour to roll out dough about 1/4 in thick; cut with assorted cookie cutters. Bake for 10-12 min or until cookies are just lightly brown on bottom.
- Frosting: Melt butter in microwave; add milk and vanilla and stir.
- Place powdered sugar in separate containers. Add a little milk mixture and stir until frosting reaches desired consistency. Use food coloring and assorted sprinkles to frost/decorate cookies as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.6, Fat 7.9, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 15.9, Sodium 66.7, Carbohydrate 22.1, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 8.4, Protein 2.5
MOM'S SOFT SUGAR COOKIES
This delicious sugar cookie recipe has been passed down in our family for 75 years. Try it and you'll see why it remains our very favorite cookie! -Arnita Schroeder, Hoagland, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 7-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and nutmeg. In another bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and eggs. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add sour cream and dissolved baking soda to creamed mixture. Gradually beat in flour mixture (dough will be sticky). Refrigerate, covered, overnight., Preheat oven to 350°. Working with one-third of the batch at a time, roll dough on a well-floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. (Cover and refrigerate remaining dough until ready to roll.) Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round or other shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle tops with sugar and top with walnuts., Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are set but not browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 63 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 58mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
MOM'S SOFT RAISIN COOKIES
With four sons in service during World War II, my mother sent these favorite cookies as a taste from home to "her boys" in different parts of the world. These days, my 11 grandchildren are enjoying them as we did, along with my stories of long ago.- Pearl Cochenour, Williamsport, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine water and raisins in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes; remove from the heat and let cool (do not drain). , Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts and raisins. , Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 116mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
More about "mommoms sugar cookies recipes"
EASY SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (233)Total Time 30 minsCategory EasyCalories 96 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350 °F with a rack in the center. Whisk together flour with baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using a stand-up or handheld mixer, beat the butter together with sugar. To the mixture add vanilla extract and egg and beat to combine.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts. On a lightly floured surface, roll into ¼-inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out your favorite shapes.
SUGAR COOKIE RECIPES
KETO CINNAMON ROLL COOKIES - FIT MOM JOURNEY
STAINED GLASS COOKIES STORY - MOM ON TIMEOUT
FROSTED SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE (LOFTHOUSE STYLE) - TIDYMOM®
BEST CUT OUT SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE | THEBESTDESSERTRECIPES.COM
MOM'S BEST SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE, BEST CUT OUT SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE …
8 HANUKKAH COOKIE RECIPES FOR ALL EIGHT DAYS…AND NIGHTS. - COOL …
MOM'S MOLASSES SUGAR COOKIES - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
MOMMOMS-SUGAR-COOKIES ⋆ CHRISTMAS-COOKIES.COM
MOM MOMS SUGAR COOKIES ⋆ CHRISTMAS-COOKIES.COM
MOM-MOMS SUGAR COOKIES - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
MOM’S CLASSIC SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE - GATHERED IN THE KITCHEN
MOM-MOM'S SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
MOM'S NEVER FAIL SUGAR COOKIES - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
SUGAR COOKIES - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
BEST CUT OUT SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE RECIPES
MARTHA STEWART'S FAVORITE SUGAR COOKIES WITH COGNAC: GET THE RECIPE
MOM'S BEST SUGAR COOKIES - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
MOMMOMS APPLESAUCE COOKIES RECIPE - NEWBRITAWATERCHILLER
EGGLESS SUGAR COOKIES - MOMMY'S HOME COOKING
THE BEST SOFT & CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIE RECIPE - TIDYMOM®
CHRISTMAS SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE UK SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE CHRISTMAS
HOLIDAY RECIPE: ITALIAN LEMON HILL COOKIES | SARASOTA MAGAZINE
THUMBPRINT COOKIES WITH ICING - FOODTASTIC MOM
FATHER AND SONS MAKE OUTSTANDING SUGAR COOKIES! TONS OF FUN.
You'll also love