STEAMED EGG (CHAWAN MUSHI)
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs gently while slowly pouring in the chicken stock, sake, and soy sauce. Divide the mushroom and chicken evenly between two small tea cups. Pour the egg mixture into each cup until filled.
- Bring about 1 inch of water to a boil in a steamer or saucepan. Reduce heat to a simmer, and place cups into the steamer. Cover, and steam for 12 minutes, or until egg is firm but soft and silky like tofu. Garnish each cup with a sprig of parsley, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156.6 calories, Carbohydrate 3.3 g, Cholesterol 212.6 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 17.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 526.7 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
MU SHU PORK
- Combine soy sauce, sherry and hoisin sauce in a bowl. Add the pork, toss to coat evenly, cover, refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the mushrooms in enough hot water to cover for 20 minutes. Drain and thinly slice. Set aside on a plate, along with the cabbage, carrot and scallions.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium/high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil and swirl to coat. Pour in the eggs, swirling and tilting the wok to form a thin film. Cook just until the eggs are set and feel dry on top, about 1 minute. Transfer to a platter, let cool slightly and cut into 1 inch strips.
- Return the wok to high heat, and swirl in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add the garlic, and ginger, and stir-fry to release the aromas, about 1 minute. Add the pork and stirfry until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the reserved mushrooms, cabbage, carrot, bean sprouts, and scallions, along with the chicken stock, and stir-fry another 2 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, and sugar, and cook, stirring until sauce boils, about 1 minute. Add egg strips and mix well. To serve, spread a small amount of hoisin sauce on a warm Mandarin Pancake. Spoon about 1/2 cup mu shu mixture in center of pancake, wrap like a burrito, folding the ends to close, and serve.
- Place flour in a medium bowl, making a well in the center. Pour in the boiling water, and use a wooden spoon or chopsticks to mix until a soft dough is formed. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough gently until it is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover with a damp towel and let rest for 20 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a log, 16 inches long. Cut the log crosswise into 1 inch pieces, shape each piece into a ball, then use your hands to flatten each ball into a pancake. Brush the tops of the pancakes lightly with the sesame oil. Then, place one pancake on top of a second pancake, oiled sides together, so that there are 8 pairs. With a rolling pin, flatten each pair into a 6 inch circle. (A tortilla press also works well for this.) Cover the pancakes with a damp towel to rest.
- Heat an ungreased, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the pancakes, one at a time, turning them once as they puff and little bubbles appear on the surface, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes on each side. As each pancake is finished, remove from pan and gently separate the halves into 2 pancakes while still hot. Stack cooked pancakes on a plate while cooking the remaining pancakes.
- Serve pancakes while still warm with Mu Shu Pork. Or, pancakes may be prepared up to 1 day in advance, wrapped in plastic, and refrigerated. Pancakes may also be frozen. Reheat them by steaming for 5 minutes, or warming them in a 350 degree F oven, wrapped in foil, for 10 minutes.
- Yield: 16 pancakes
- Preheat oil in wok. Stir fry meat until opaque (if not pre-cooked). Stir-fry egg, then add carrots and onion (and meat if precooked); cook about 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and stir-fry until cabbage is wilted. Wrap in to egg roll wrappers, and garnish with mushi sauce, sesame seeds, and shredded green onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202, Fat 9.5, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 49.4, Sodium 809.1, Carbohydrate 23.7, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 1.9, Protein 5.5
- Wrap red bean paste in aluminum foil and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours. Mix sweet rice flour and green tea powder thoroughly in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl. Stir in water, then sugar. Mix until smooth. Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Cook the rice flour mixture in the microwave for 3 minutes and 30 seconds. Meanwhile, remove red bean paste from the freezer and divide paste into 8 equal balls. Set aside. Stir rice flour mixture and heat for another 15 to 30 seconds.
- Dust work surface with cornstarch. While the mochi is still hot from the microwave, begin rolling balls the size of about 2 tablespoons. Flatten the mochi ball and place 1 frozen red bean paste ball in the center. Pinch the mochi over the red bean paste until the paste is completely covered. Sprinkle with additional cornstarch and place mochi seam side down in a paper muffin liner to prevent sticking. Repeat until all the mochi and red bean paste is used.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213.2 calories, Carbohydrate 49.8 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 2.8 g, Sodium 82.3 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
More about "mushi recipes"
MU SHU RECIPE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CHAWAN MUSHI RECIPE - DAVID CHANG | FOOD & WINE
4/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsServings 4
- In a medium bowl, whisk the dashi powder into the warm water until it is dissolved. Let the sediment settle, then pour the clear dashi into a large measuring cup; rinse out the bowl. In the same bowl, using chopsticks, very gently stir the eggs until blended, without incorporating too much air. Stir in the dashi, then strain the mixture back into the measuring cup.
- Divide the cashews between 4 shallow 1-cup bowls. Top with the egg mixture and wrap each bowl in plastic. Carefully set the bowls in a steamer basket set over boiling water and steam for 14 minutes or until the custards are set. Immediately transfer the bowls to the refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
CHAWANMUSHI JAPANESE CUSTARD RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.1/5 (20)Category Appetizer, Side Dish, DinnerCuisine Asian, JapaneseTotal Time 35 mins
JAPANESE MUSHI PAN RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 BEST MUSHROOM RECIPES FOR MUSHROOM LOVERS - DAMN DELICIOUS
TAIWAN MUSHI RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
CHAWANMUSHI (SAVOURY EGG CUSTARD) - RECIPETIN JAPAN
SUSHI RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
MOO SHU PORK: THE AUTHENTIC CHINESE RECIPE - THE WOKS …
CHAWAN MUSHI WITH SHRIMP AND SPRING PEAS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHAWANMUSHI- HOW TO MAKE CHAWANMUSHI (JAPANESE EGG CUSTARD)
MAHSHI - TRADITIONAL AND AUTHENTIC EGYPTIAN RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
SERIOUSLY ASIAN: CHAWAN MUSHI RECIPE
CHAWANMUSHI (JAPANESE STEAMED EGG CUSTARD) - JUST ONE …
TRADITIONAL BRITISH MUSHY PEAS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
STEAMED CAKE (MUSHI-PAN) 蒸しパン • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
CHAWAN MUSHI RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
ODAMAKI-MUSHI RECIPE (CHAWANMUSHI WITH UDON NOODLES
EASY MUESLI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE MUESLI | KITCHN
MUSHI PAN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PORK TOFU CASSEROLE (TAIWAN MUSHI) - ONOLICIOUS HAWAIʻI
MUSHI PAN - JAPANESE STEAMED CAKES - GLOBAL KITCHEN TRAVELS
TRUFFLE CHAWANMUSHI RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CHAWANMUSHI (SAVORY EGG CUSTARD)RECIPE – JAPANESE COOKING 101
CHAWAN MUSHI - THE JAPANESE PANTRY
16 EASY AND TASTY MUSHI RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - COOKPAD
MATSUTAKE DOBIN MUSHI - FANTASTICFUNGI.COM
CHAWANMUSHI (茶碗蒸し) - JAPANESE STEAMED EGG - NO RECIPES
26 EASY AND TASTY CHAWAN-MUSHI RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - COOKPAD
MUSHI MANJU RECIPE (JAPANESE STEAMED BUNS WITH RED BEAN PASTE …
MUSHI CAKE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHAWANMUSHI RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE SAVORY EGG CUSTARD
MUSHI SUSHI | RECIPES | DINING WITH THE CHEF - NHK WORLD
COTTONY SOFT JAPANESE STEAMED CAKE (MUSHI-PAN) - THE BURNING …
SUSHI RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SEIRO MUSHI | ONLINE RECIPE | THE MAYA KITCHEN
DOBIN MUSHI RECIPE : SBS FOOD
COOKING JAPANESE: MATSUTAKE DOBIN MUSHI - KITCHN
MUSHI ZUSHI (蒸し寿司) - FOOD IN JAPAN
CHAWAN MUSHI (JAPANESE STEAMED EGG CUSTARD) - ROTI N RICE
JAPANESE MOCHI RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE MOCHI
MATSUTAKE MUSHROOM DOBIN MUSHI RECIPE • STEAMY KITCHEN …
Odamaki-mushi Recipe (Chawanmushi with Udon Noodles | Egg Custard with Plenty of Fillings)379K views-05:22
Tai Kombu-mushi Recipe (Steamed Sea Bream on Kombu Seaweed) | Cooking with Dog146K views-03:38
How to Make Chawanmushi (Steamed Egg Custard Recipe)57K views-10:46
How to Make Chawanmushi (Steamed Egg Custard with Chicken and Shrimp Recipe) | Cooking with Dog990K views-04:16
Mushi Manju Recipe (Japanese Steamed Buns with Red Bean Paste Filling) | Cooking with Dog151K views-07:37
Chawanmushi! Japanese Steamed Egg Custard Recipe2.9K views-08:17
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the recipe for Chawanmushi?Chawanmushi (Savory Egg Custard)Recipe Preseason chicken and shrimps. In a small bowl, mix chicken pieces with 1/2 tsp soy sauce and 1/2 tsp Sake. In another bowl, mix shrimp and 1/2 tsp soy sauce and 1/2 tsp Sake. Let them sit for a couple of minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix eggs, Dashi, salt, 1 tsp soy sauce, and Mirin together.
What are the ingredients in Mushi sushi?mushi sushi Ingredients (Serves 4) 2 grilled anagoeels 12 peeled shrimp 120 g kamaboko(fish cake) 1 bunch of mitsuba(50 g) 360 ml short-grain rice, rinsed 450 ml water 1 piece kombukelp, 3 cm square gari(sweet pickled ginger) For the egg strips: 3 eggs salt vegetable oil For the sushi vinegar: 80 ml rice vinegar 20 g sugar 10 g salt
What is the best way to cook Mushi Pan?Mushi Pan - Japanese Steamed Cakes are quick and easy and just barely sweetened, perfect for breakfast or tea time. Place a steamer rack and a bamboo steamer inside a wok (or whatever type of steamer you have). Add water to reach the bottom layer of the steamer.
How do you make Dobin mushi?Also add Japanese sake, a touch of soy sauce and just a sliver of lime peel. Dobin mushi is steamed, not boiled directly on a flame. I have a wok here and have inserted a steamer stand. Bring water to a boil. Place the teapot on the steamer rack. Cover with lid. Steam for 8 minutes. Pour the aromatic broth into a teacup.