A friend gave me this recipe, and after many years, I still make it often. Our family lives in a rural area, and folks here are frequently looking for new ways to serve ground beef. This one is definitely a winner!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Prepare roll mix according to package directions for pizza crust; let rise. , Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, mushrooms, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Remove from the heat., Divide dough into eight pieces. Form each piece into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball into an 8-in. circle. Place circles on two lightly greased baking sheets. Divide meat mixture among the eight circles. Top with cheese. , Moisten edges of dough and fold in half. Press edges firmly together with a fork. Prick top of dough. Beat egg and water; brush over each pocket. Bake at 400° for about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts :
MUSHROOM PITA POCKETS
Here is a fresh and crunchy salad filling for a low-fat sandwich. For a totable lunch, pack the salad separately in a plastic container and fill pitas just before eating. Just simply delicious!! I found this recipe in our local newspaper.
Provided by Chef mariajane
Yield 8 pita pockets
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, red pepper, cucumber, onion, cheese. Add dressing. Toss to mix well.
- Open pita halves and place lettuce leaf in each pita half. Spon filling evenly into the pita halves. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
- Variation: Spread 1 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise inside each pita half.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148.3, Fat 4.7, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 13, Sodium 242.6, Carbohydrate 19.6, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 2, Protein 7.4
PITA PIZZA POCKETS 4 WAYS RECIPE BY TASTY
These pizza pita pockets come together in a flash - great for a weeknight dinner or when you need a quick snack. Choose your favorite fillings from the options below, or experiment with your own combos!
Provided by Chris Salicrup
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make the pepperoni pita pizza: Cut the pita in half crosswise to form 2 pockets and fill each pocket with 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce, ¼ cup (25 G) shredded mozzarella, and 6 pepperoni. Place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Make the Hawaiian pita pizza: Cut the pita in half crosswise to form 2 pockets and fill each pocket with 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce, ¼ cup (25 G) shredded mozzarella, 2 tablespoons pineapple, and 2 tablespoons Canadian bacon. Place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Make the veggie supreme pita pizza: Cut the pita in half crosswise to form 2 pockets and fill each pocket with 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce, ¼ cup (25 G) shredded mozzarella, 2 tablespoons mushrooms, 2 tablespoons green pepper, and 1 tablespoon olives. Place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Make the BBQ chicken pita pizza: Cut the pita in half crosswise to form 2 pockets and fill each pocket with 2 tablespoons of barbeque sauce, ¼ cup (25 G) shredded mozzarella, 2 tablespoons diced chicken, and 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeños. Place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the pita pizzas for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 228 calories, Carbohydrate 23 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 14 grams, Sugar 5 grams
CHEESY SPINACH AND MUSHROOM PITA POCKET
Make and share this Cheesy Spinach and Mushroom Pita Pocket recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kate the Magnificent
Yield 1 pita pocket half, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1. Wash the spinach with your hands and then squeeze the water out of it about 5 times, hard.
- 2. Dry the spinach even more in a paper towel by squeezing the juice out.
- 3. Chop the portobello mushrooms, starting at the top of the dome, slicing down to the bottom of the stub. Slice each one into about 8 or 9 thin slices.
- 4. Push about 1/3 of the spinach into the bottom of the pita pocket with about a third of the mushrooms and half the walnuts; and then top that with most of the cheese, pushing down to make room for the rest.
- 5. Put the rest of the spinach, walnuts, and mushrooms in the pocket and then the rest of the cheese.
- 6. Microwave on high for about 20 seconds.
- 7. Pour the olive oil into a medium hot skillet and rub one half the pocket in the oil, and flip it so that the oiled part is on the top.
- 8. Fry the pocket for 30 seconds to a minute on each side.2.
BREAKFAST PITA POCKETS
- Place bacon, sausage, and Canadian-style bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat. Fry until evenly brown; drain. Crumble bacon, and chop sausage.
- Mix eggs into the skillet, and scramble with the bacon and sausage until no longer runny.
- Place pita bread in a microwave, and heat on High about 30 seconds, until warm. Spoon the egg mixture into the pita bread halves, and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 421.9 calories, Carbohydrate 17.9 g, Cholesterol 331 mg, Fat 27.4 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 24.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.5 g, Sodium 993.3 mg, Sugar 1 g
SAUCY PORTOBELLO PITAS
Portobello mushrooms replace spicy ground lamb in this healthier version of a gyro. The meat-free sandwich is served with the refreshing cucumber-mint yogurt sauce of the Greek classic. -Lisa Hundley, Aberdeen, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving., Sprinkle mushrooms with pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and Greek seasoning. In a large skillet, cook mushrooms in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until tender., Cut pita breads in half; line each with a slice of onion and tomato. Cut mushrooms in half; place in pitas. Serve with cucumber sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303 calories, Fat 9g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 411mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "mushroom pita pockets recipes"
SAUTéED BEEF, ONION AND MUSHROOM PITA POCKET RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
KALE & MUSHROOM PITA POCKETS - MYSTY PFEFFER
Servings 2Calories 91 per serving
MIDDLE EASTERN PITA POCKET SANDWICHES - FORKS OVER KNIVES
BEST CHICKEN AND PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS IN A PITA RECIPES | FOOD …
10 BEST BEEF PITA POCKET RECIPES | YUMMLY
GREEK PITA POCKETS - COOK NOURISH BLISS
150 PITA POCKET RECIPES IDEAS IN 2021 | RECIPES, PITA POCKET RECIPES ...
PITA SAUSAGE POCKETS RECIPE | AIDELLS
MIDDLE EASTERN PITA POCKET SANDWICHES - CREATE THAT BODY
MUSHROOM-SAUSAGE POCKETS | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
EASY PITA BREAD IDEAS + OVER 40 RECIPES FOR PITA POCKETS
CREAMY MUSHROOM POCKETS - THE BAKING FAIRY
15 PITA POCKET RECIPES THAT PROVE YOU CAN FILL THEM WITH …
BLACKENED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM PITA POCKETS - POTLUCK AT OH MY …
6 DELICIOUS WAYS TO STUFF A PITA - THE SPRUCE EATS
POCKET PITA RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GREEK PITA POCKETS RECIPE - MOMSDISH
PITA SANDWICHES WITH CHAGA-SHIITAKE MUSHROOM FILLING
HEARTY PITA POCKETS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MUSHROOM PITA POCKET - FLAVOR THYME RECIPES
MUSHROOM PITA TRIANGLES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
10 BEST BEEF PITA POCKET RECIPES | YUMMLY
PEPPER AND MUSHROOM PITA MELT RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
MASALA STEAK + PITA POCKETS + CRUMBED MUSHROOMS+ONION / MY …
PITA POCKET RECIPES: 21 IDEAS YOU HAVEN'T TRIED - GREATIST
VEGETARIAN MUSHROOM SHAWARMA PITAS - COOKING THE KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE PITA POCKETS - BREAD SCIENCE & THE SCIENCE OF THE …
EGG AND MUSHROOM PITA POCKET | EGGLAND'S BEST
MUSHROOM PITA - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
PERFECTLY PUFFED PITA POCKETS: RECIPE AND GUIDE - FOODWORTHFEED
MUSHROOM CAPSICUM POCKETS – EASY, TASTY AND HEALTHY
GREEK MUSHROOM PITA SANDWICH | COOK'S HIDEOUT
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM GYROS | RECIPES | GREEN CHEF
THE SOFTEST PITA POCKETS EVER! - YOUTUBE
PITA POCKETS WITH ROASTED VEGGIES AND HUMMUS - HAPPY KITCHEN
MEALIME - CHEESY CHICKEN, SPINACH & MUSHROOM PITA POCKETS
BLACKENED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM PITA POCKETS BY JULIA - FOODRHYTHMS
CRUNCHY GARDEN ITALIAN PITA POCKET - MRS HAPPY HOMEMAKER
HEARTY PITA POCKETS RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
CHICKEN PITA POCKETS WITH MUSHROOMS AND ARUGULA
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #lunch #easy #sandwiches #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the best pita pocket recipes?Here are a few pita pocket recipes to make your lunch or snack time a little more exciting. 1. Chicken Cucumber Pita Pocket This protein-packed pita can be made in five minutes. Cook some chicken on Sunday so you can have filling sandwiches all week. No need to wait in line at your favorite Greek restaurant when you can make it yourself. 2.
How long does it take to make a pita sandwich?This protein-packed pita can be made in five minutes. Cook some chicken on Sunday so you can have filling sandwiches all week. No need to wait in line at your favorite Greek restaurant when you can make it yourself. 2. Healthy Hot Pocket Can't stand the thought of eating another frozen Hot Pocket?
How do pita pockets get their pockets?How Do Pita Pockets Get Their Pockets? The answer is a combination of heat and moisture. While baking pita pockets the outside of the dough starts to heat and crisp, while moisture is trapped inside where it turns to steam. We know gas takes up more space and expands.
How to make a Hawaiian Pita pizza?Make the Hawaiian pita pizza: Cut the pita in half crosswise to form 2 pockets and fill each pocket with 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce, ¼ cup (25 G) shredded mozzarella, 2 tablespoons pineapple, and 2 tablespoons Canadian bacon. Place on a prepared baking sheet.