WILD RICE WITH MUSHROOMS
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the rice and toast while stirring until it begins to smell nutty, about 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook on low until the water is absorbed, about 40 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon butter along with the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the button mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms and thyme and cook, stirring often until they begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- When the rice is cooked, fluff with a fork and gently fold in the mushrooms. Add to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the parsley before serving.
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF WITH WILD RICE
- Heat a deep frying pan on a medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the onion and cook the onion gently for 5-7 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic to the pan and continue to cook for two minutes then add the sliced mushrooms. Continue to cook gently for a 5-6 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and golden-brown.
- Add the mustard and paprika and mix well so that everything is coated. Add the stock, stirring as you pour it. Simmer gently for five minutes while you cook the rice.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions in a separate saucepan until tender.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove the mushrooms from the heat, stir in the soured cream along with the juice of two lemon wedges and mix it all together.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve the mushroom stroganoff with the rice and the remaining wedges of lemon on the side.
- This goes well with a side serving of Broccoli.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1017, Fat 25.5, SaturatedFat 11.1, Cholesterol 43.7, Sodium 86, Carbohydrate 175.7, Fiber 5.8, Sugar 7.3, Protein 22.1
The first recipe for beef stroganoff dates back to the 1800s and is rumored to have Russian aristocratic origins. This version is a bold, modern vegetarian reimagination that is rich and decadent, thanks to the magic of mushrooms, which deliver walloping umami. A variety of mushrooms adds a nice mix of textures, but a similarly intense dish can be created with just one type. Achieve even deeper layers of flavor by soaking a handful of dried porcini mushrooms in one cup of hot water for 10 to 15 minutes, then adding the mushrooms and soaking liquid, which can replace the vegetable stock, to the dish. Crème fraîche is naturally thick and imparts a velvety tang to the dish, but use sour cream if you prefer. (Vegans can use cashew or coconut cream). To get vegetarian recipes like this one delivered to your inbox, sign up for The Veggie newsletter.
Provided by Hetty McKinnon
Categories dinner, weekday, vegetables, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place a large (12-inch) skillet on medium-high heat. Add olive oil and onion, season with salt, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Add the mushrooms, thyme and garlic, and stir to combine. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, leaving it undisturbed for 2 to 3 minutes at a time before stirring, to allow the mushrooms to caramelize.
- Pour in the wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom, then cook for about 1 minute. Add the vegetable stock and soy sauce, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the liquid has reduced and is slightly thickened.
- Take the pan off the heat, and stir in the mustard and crème fraîche. Taste, and season with salt and black pepper. Dust with paprika, scatter with parsley and serve with your choice of mashed potatoes, wide egg noodles or rice.
WILD RICE MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
Or wild rice hot dish, as us mid-westerners say! This recipe has been a holiday family tradition for years. Not low on calories, but it is worth it!
Provided by katydid31
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cover wild rice with boiling water and soak for 1 hour. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat; stir in mushrooms and onion. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Combine soaked wild rice and uncooked white rice in a bowl. Add mushroom-onion mixture and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Add chicken broth, cream, almonds, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove foil, dot with remaining butter, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bake casserole until cheese and butter have melted, about 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299.8 calories, Carbohydrate 23.1 g, Cholesterol 60.5 mg, Fat 20.5 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 7.2 g, SaturatedFat 11.3 g, Sodium 785.8 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
DELUXE MUSHROOM STROGANOFF
Impress dinner guests with our deluxe mushroom stroganoff, packed with different mushroom varieties and a decadent brandy-infused sauce
Provided by Anna Glover
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Put the porcini in a heatproof jug and cover with 400ml boiling water from the kettle. Leave to soak.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat and fry the shallots for 5 mins until soft. Add the chestnut mushrooms, turn up the heat to medium-high and fry for 5-10 mins until lightly golden. Add the garlic and wild mushrooms and fry for another 5 mins, then stir in the tomato purée and stir in the flour and paprika for 30 seconds until all the flour has been absorbed.
- Pour the brandy into the pan and simmer for 5 mins until almost cooked off, then add the rehydrated porcini and mushroom stock, leaving any the last bits of gritty stock at the bottom of the jug. Bring to a bubble, then stir in the soured cream and mustard. Season and simmer for 5-10 mins until reduced enough to coat the mushrooms. Serve with mini roast potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 16 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and soften the onion for about 5 mins.
- Add the paprika and garlic, then cook for 1 min more. Add the mushrooms and cook on a high heat, stirring often, for about 5 mins.
- Pour in the stock and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, bubble for 5 mins until the sauce thickens, then turn off the heat and stir through the soured cream and most of the parsley. Make sure the pan is not on the heat or the sauce may split.
- Heat the wild rice following pack instructions, then stir through the remaining chopped parsley and serve with the stroganoff.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 50 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 11 grams protein, Sodium 0.7 milligram of sodium
More about "mushroom stroganoff with wild rice recipes"
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF | JAMIE OLIVER MUSHROOM RECIPES
HERBY BUTTERED MUSHROOM STROGANOFF. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
CLASSIC BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE WITH INSTANT RICE
WILD RICE STROGANOFF – CANOE WILD RICE
WILD MUSHROOM & VENISON STROGANOFF | JAMIE OLIVER …
VENISON STROGANOFF WITH WILD MUSHROOMS RECIPE
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF WITH BASMATI RICE | COOKSTR.COM
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF | THE NUTRITION SOURCE | HARVARD …
CHICKEN & MUSHROOM STROGANOFF WITH WILD RICE - WAITROSE
Servings 4Calories 441 per servingTotal Time 35 mins
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - SIMPLE HOME COOKED RECIPES
VEGAN MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - CUPFUL OF KALE
WILD MUSHROOM STROGANOFF – UNEVEN KNIFE CUTS
THESE 16 CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM RECIPES GO WAY BEYOND MARSALA
RECIPE: BEEF STROGANOFF WITH WILD MUSHROOMS STEP BY STEP WITH …
WILD MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - KIND COOKING
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - MOM ON TIMEOUT
15 MINUTE MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - EASY CHEESY VEGETARIAN
QUICK AND EASY MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE - TILDA
DRIED WILD MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE - FORAGER CHEF
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - COOKING CIRCLE
VEGAN MUSHROOM STROGANOFF |EUPHORIC VEGAN
VENISON STROGANOFF ON WHITE AND WILD RICE - THAT SUSAN WILLIAMS
HAMBURGER STROGANOFF WITH RICE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHICKEN & MUSHROOM STROGANOFF WITH WILD RICE
CREAMY MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - THE LAST FOOD BLOG
HEALTHY RECIPE FROM A DIETITIAN: MUSHROOM STROGANOFF WITH WILD …
COOKLYBOOKLY: STEAK & MUSHROOM STROGANOFF WITH WILD RICE
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM WILD RICE BOWL RECIPE - HOME CHEF
EASY WILD MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE | TILDA RICE USA
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - GIMME SOME OVEN
DRIED WILD MUSHROOM SOUP BEST RECIPES
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF WITH SPINACH AND WILD RICE RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
VEGAN MUSHROOM STROGANOFF WITH RICE - CHEAP AND CHEERFUL …
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE (CREAMY, VEGETARIAN) | KITCHN
CHICKEN, MUSHROOM & WILD RICE CASSEROLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF WITH GREEN BEANS AND WILD RICE
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF WITH RICE - OAKHOUSEFOODS.CO.UK
WILD MUSHROOM & CHESTNUT STROGANOFF - OUR MODERN …
You'll also love