MY O MY.. BEST THAI BEEF SALAD EVER!
This is one of the best Thai salads I have ever tasted and I just had to share it with my zaar family. Try it, you won't regret it. You can substitute the beef with the same amount of Pork fillets, chicken breasts or thigh fillets, or some firm tofu. When preparing this salad in advance, cook the beef, prepare the salad, and make the dressing, BUT STORE EACH IN SEPARATE CONTAINERS. Do NOT combine until you are ready to serve. This is an ideal portable lunch or picnic dish that can be transported in 3 small containers, and assembled on the spot.
Provided by KitchenManiac
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Brush the beef with a little oil and char-grill, barbecue, or pan-fry till cooked to your liking.
- (I recommend medium rare for this recipe, if you can handle a little blood.) Set aside for five minutes and slice it thinly.
- Place salad greens, onions, kaffir lime leaves, chili, cilantro, mint and basil into a salad bowl and toss lightly.
- To make the dressing, combine the soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.
- Stir the dressing well.
- Place the beef on the salad and pour over the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
AUTHENTIC THAI BEEF SALAD
Authentic Thai beef salad is delicious. Refreshing with mint, coriander, cool cucumber and slices of rare beef. Tossed with a lime and chilli dressing that dances with the ingredients, the sum of the parts comes together to create one of the best salads you'll ever enjoy. Originally published December 2019
Provided by Recipe Winners
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Dressing 1. Place garlic, coriander roots, sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, pepper and salt into a bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved - note: if preparing the dressing ahead of time hold back on squeezing and adding the lime juice till just before serving - see note 2. below 2. Add the chilli and eschallots and mix well Salad 1. Cook beef until medium-rare, slice thinly and pour over half the dressing while the beef is still hot, toss and set aside to rest while you prepare the salad - see note 3. below 2. In a bowl toss together the cucumber, sprouts, tomatoes, onions, mint and coriander 3. Place salad ingredients on a plate, top with beef slices 4. Pour remaining dressing over salad 5. Sprinkle over fried shallots Serve and enjoy!
THAI CRUNCH SALAD WITH PEANUT DRESSING
- For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients except for the cilantro in a blender and process until completely smooth. Add the cilantro and blend for a few seconds until the cilantro is finely chopped. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the salad, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. If serving right away, drizzle the peanut dressing over top and toss; otherwise, serve the dressing on the side so the salad doesn't get soggy.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize Approximately 2 cups, Calories 282, Fat 18 g, Carbohydrate 28 g, Protein 7g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sugar 17 g, Fiber 6 g, Sodium 505 mg, Cholesterol 0 mg
THAI CUCUMBER SALAD
This sweet and tangy summer salad of cucumber, cilantro, and peanuts with just a hint of heat is always a hit at picnics and potlucks since it doesn't need to be refrigerated and you're pretty much guaranteed to be the only one bringing this dish!
Provided by camp0433
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Toss the cucumbers with the salt in a colander, and leave in the sink to drain for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water, then drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Whisk together the sugar and vinegar in a mixing bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cucumbers, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro; toss to combine. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 237.9 calories, Carbohydrate 37.1 g, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 1750.8 mg, Sugar 29.5 g
This savory-sweet stir-fry, known as bo luc lac or "dice" in Vietnamese, gets its English name from the constant shaking of the pan performed by the cook while browning the meat. It can be tough work to move the hot wok constantly, and the intense heat can burn the ingredients in a wink. This recipe, adapted from the one served at Slanted Door, Charles Phan's immensely popular Vietnamese restaurant in San Francisco, has been simplified for the home cook. Once the meat is marinated, it is quick work - 20 minutes from start to finish - but don't try to expedite matters further by dumping all of the meat into the wok at once. Cook the meat in two batches (a pound at a time) so you get a nice, crisp sear.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Marinate meat with garlic, half the sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1 tablespoon oil for about 2 hours. (Refrigerate if your kitchen is very warm.) Meanwhile, combine vinegar, remaining sugar, wine, soy sauce and fish sauce. Taste, and add salt and pepper if necessary. Mix about 1 tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Divide the meat into 2 portions, and do the same with the onion and scallions. Put a wok or a large skillet over maximum heat, and add about 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil smokes, add the meat in one layer. Let it sit until a brown crust forms, and turn to brown the other side. Browning should take less than 5 minutes. Add half the onion and half the scallions, and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds. Add about half the vinegar mixture, and shake pan to release the beef, stirring if necessary. Add half the butter, and shake pan until butter melts. Remove meat, and repeat.
- Serve beef over watercress or lettuce leaves, passing salt and pepper mixture and lime wedges at the table.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 626, UnsaturatedFat 18 grams, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fat 42 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 42 grams, SaturatedFat 18 grams, Sodium 1123 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GREEN PAPAYA SALAD
In Isan (and the rest of Thailand), green papaya salad is called som tum, with "som" meaning "sour" and "tum" referring to the pounding sound of the large pestle used to crush ingredients. It is eaten by itself as a snack, or with marinated grilled beef and chicken.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Categories quick, salads and dressings, appetizer
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a blender or mortar, blend or pound garlic, salt, peanuts, chilies, sugar and shrimp (if using) into a paste. Transfer to a large bowl and mix in lime juice and fish sauce. Use a spoon (or the mortar) to lightly crush tomatoes and beans (if using), then add to bowl and mix lightly.
- Peel and coarsely grate or shred papaya, discarding seeds and inner membrane. There should be 4 to 6 cups.
- Add papaya to bowl and lightly but thoroughly toss together. Taste for seasoning. Mound in a bowl (if desired, line bowl with lettuce leaves beforehand). Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 36, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 360 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
More about "my o my best thai beef salad ever recipes"
21 BEST SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSING ...
BEST EVER GROUND BEEF TACOS RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
AUTHENTIC THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE (ผัดกระเพราไก่)
ASIAN BEEF BOWLS (SUPER QUICK!) | RECIPETIN EATS
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
75 TOP-RATED RECIPES OF ALL TIME - FOOD.COM
LEFTOVER BEEF RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
THE 21 BEST DISHES TO EAT IN THAILAND
SOM TAM RECIPE: THAI GREEN PAPAYA SALAD RECIPE
VEGAN THAI NOODLE SALAD RECIPE | FEASTING AT HOME
BEEF PAD THAI RECIPE | EATINGWELL
OUR TOP 10 STEAK SALAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
29 COPYCAT RECIPES FOR YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT SALADS
21 SALADS THAT EAT LIKE A MEAL | ALLRECIPES
ASIAN SLAW - HEALTHY, CRUNCHY ASIAN CABBAGE SALAD ...
EASY THAI PEANUT SAUCE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE MY MOM’S THAI ...
CHOPPED THAI-INSPIRED CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
AUTHENTIC HAWAIIAN MACARONI SALAD - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
THAI QUINOA SALAD WITH FRESH HERBS AND LIME VINAIGRETTE ...
THAI RECIPES - THAITABLE.COM
THAI RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SALAD RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
100 OF THE BEST RESTAURANT COPYCAT RECIPES
36 HEALTHY SALAD RECIPES - DINNER AT THE ZOO
10 BEST GROUND BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
20 RECIPE IDEAS FOR USING UP LEFTOVER ROAST MEAT | LIVE ...
THE BEST HAM SALAD (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
AUTHENTIC PAD THAI RECIPE & VIDEO TUTORIAL | HOT THAI KITCHEN
BEST-EVER PAD THAI RECIPE! (CHICKEN, SHRIMP OR TOFU)
50 BEST SALAD RECIPES – A COUPLE COOKS
THE BEST RAMEN NOODLE SALAD - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
10 BEST BEET SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
ASIAN SALAD RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
BEST TUNA SALAD RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
THE BEST THAI PEANUT SAUCE RECIPE - FOX AND BRIAR
TOM YUM SOUP RECIPE (ต้มยำกุ้ง) - AUTHENTIC THAI STYLE
THAI SATAY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS - MAKE YOUR BEST MEAL
BEST SALAD RECIPES FOR ANY OCCASION | MYRECIPES
OLD FASHIONED MACARONI SALAD - RECIPE GIRL
63 BEST SALAD RECIPES FOR EVERY SEASON | EPICURIOUS
You'll also love