NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE WITH CHOCOLATE CRUST
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Wrap exterior of pan (including base) in a double layer of foil. Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Place crushed wafer cookies and 3 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl; stir until well combined. Pour melted butter over cookie mixture and mix until evenly moistened. Press mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake until crust is set, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down sides as needed. In a large bowl, whisk together remaining 2 1/4 cups sugar and flour. With mixer on low speed, gradually add sugar mixture to cream cheese; mix until smooth. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined; do not overmix.
- Pour cream cheese filling into prepared pan. Set pan inside a large, shallow roasting pan. Carefully ladle boiling water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of springform pan. Bake 45 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Continue baking until cake is set but still slightly wobbly in the center, about 30 minutes more. Turn off oven; leave cake in oven with door slightly ajar, 1 hour. Transfer pan to a wire rack; let cake cool completely. Refrigerate, uncovered, at least 6 hours or overnight. Before unmolding, run a knife around the edge of the cake.
- Slice the top and bottom of 1 orange with a paring knife. Set one of the flat sides on your work surface. From top to bottom, following the curve of the fruit, cut away peel and white pith. Trim off any remaining pith. Holding the orange over a bowl, cut along both sides of each segment, staying close to the membrane, to release. Repeat with remaining oranges. Pour in liqueur and toss to combine. Serve over cheesecake.
THE BEST NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE
This cheesecake replicates all the iconic slices we have enjoyed in the Big Apple, with a dense, creamy texture and that familiar lemony tang paired with plenty of graham-cracker crust. Now you can make New York-Style Cheesecake at home and save yourself a ticket to the city.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- For the crust: Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, brown sugar and salt in a medium bowl until evenly moistened.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake the crust until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool completely on a rack. Wrap the bottom and up the sides of the pan with foil and place in a roasting pan.
- For the filling: Add the cream cheese to a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the granulated sugar and beat, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed, until light and fluffy. Gradually add the cream, beating until combined. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the lemon zest and juice, vanilla and salt and beat just until combined, taking care not to over whip. Pour into the crust.
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Carefully place the roasting pan in the oven (don't pull the rack out of the oven). Pour enough hot water in the roasting pan to come about halfway up the side of the foil-wrapped springform pan.
- Bake until the top of the cheesecake is lightly browned around the edges, but the center still jiggles slightly, about 2 hours.
- Remove the cheesecake from the roasting pan to a rack. Run a knife around the edges and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours and up to overnight.
- Bring the cheesecake to room temperature 30 minutes before serving. Remove the springform ring. Dip a knife in warm water and wipe dry before slicing each piece.
PHILADELPHIA NEW YORK CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
Melt chocolate in the batter of our PHILADELPHIA New York Chocolate Cheesecake! This New York Chocolate Cheesecake turns a classic into a decadent dessert.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 16 servings, one slice each.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 325°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and the butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 min.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, the flour and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add melted chocolate and sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 1 hour 5 min. to 1 hour 10 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500, Fat 36 g, SaturatedFat 22 g, TransFat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 130 mg, Sodium 380 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 27 g, Protein 8 g
NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE
This is my favorite recipe for New York-style cheesecake, and includes a great technique for letting the citrus-kissed cake finish in the oven, so that no crack forms when the cake cools.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl until evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides of the springform pan.
- Whisk flour, sour cream, and vanilla extract in bowl. Set aside.
- Stir cream cheese and sugar with a wooden spoon in a large bowl until evenly incorporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour milk into cream cheese mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in lemon zest, orange zest, and sour cream mixture; whisk until just incorporated.
- Pour mixture into prepared springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges have nicely puffed and the surface of the cheesecake is firm except for a small spot in the center that will jiggle when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour.
- When the cheesecake is done, turn off the oven and let it cool in the oven for 3 to 4 hours. This prevents any cracks from forming on the top of the cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 556.1 calories, Carbohydrate 46.9 g, Cholesterol 161.3 mg, Fat 37 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 10.5 g, SaturatedFat 21.7 g, Sodium 407.7 mg, Sugar 32.6 g
NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE
Once chilled, this cake can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to three days. In fact, it actually tastes best after being chilled overnight. Let it stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving. Adapted from"Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook."
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes one 10-inch cake
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter the sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Wrap exterior of pan (including base) in a double layer of foil.
- To make the crust, process graham crackers in food processor until fine. Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Transfer mixture to the pan and pat into an even layer using the bottom of a measuring cup or meat pounder. Freeze the dough in the pan, about 15 minutes. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake until the crust is firm to the touch and deeply golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down sides as needed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and flour. With mixer on low speed, gradually add sugar mixture to cream cheese; mix until smooth. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined; do not over mix.
- Pour cream cheese filling into the prepared pan. Set pan inside a large, shallow roasting pan. Carefully ladle boiling water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake 45 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Continue baking until cake is set but still slightly wobbly in the center, about 30 minutes more. Turn off oven; leave cake in oven with the door slightly ajar, about 1 hour. Transfer pan to a wire rack; let cake cool completely. Refrigerate, uncovered, at least 6 hours or overnight. Before unmolding, run a knife around the edge of the cake.
CLASSIC NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fill a large, round, disposable aluminum pan with about 1/2 inch of water to create a water bath.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter for crust in a bowl. Mix until well combined and spread evenly in a 9-inch springform pan. Press down firmly on crumbs with a small, flat-bottom bowl or glass, all over the bottom and about 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until set, about 10 minutes. Remove crust and set aside to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating batter briefly after each addition. Continue to add ingredients, one at a time, beating after each addition until blended, in this order: sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and flour. Pour cheesecake batter onto the crust and place carefully into the prepared water bath. The water level should be about 3/4 of the height of the springform pan; adjust as necessary.
- Bake cheesecake until the sides appear solid and the center appears just undercooked, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Turn the oven off, but do not open the oven door. Let the cheesecake cool in the water bath for 3 to 4 hours; the center will continue to cook slowly.
- Open the oven door slightly and keep the cheesecake inside for 1 more hour. Remove from the oven and transfer the cheesecake from the water bath to a wire rack. Cool for 1 hour, then place in the refrigerator until firm and fully chilled, at least 6 hours.
- Run a thin metal knife along the sides of the springform pan, then unlock the pan and slip the side section up and over the cheesecake. Run a knife under hot water, dry it quickly, then slide it from left to right between the bottom of the pan and the bottom of the cake. Slide the cake to a cake liner or platter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 826.9 calories, Carbohydrate 62.9 g, Cholesterol 282.2 mg, Fat 58.5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 35 g, Sodium 496.6 mg, Sugar 49.6 g
NEW YORK STYLE MARBLE CHEESECAKE WITH CHOCOLATE CRUST
The best homemade cheesecake you'll ever have! You can substitute vanilla wafers or a shortbread cookie for the crust. Also can vary the flavorings with raspberry, Amaretto, etc.
Provided by Monica in PA
Yield 1 large cheesecake
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cream together cream cheese& eggs.
- Make sure they are both at room temperature.
- if possible this will prevent lumps.
- Add in sugar and vanilla and mix.
- In separate bowl, combine crushed cookies with melted butter.
- In large springform pan, press the cookies mixture only in the bottom of the pan (Not the sides).
- Reserve 1/4 of the batter and set aside.
- Pour remaining batter into the pan on top of crust.
- Take reserved mixture and mix in melted choc.
- Swirl in this chocolate mixture by pouring it on top of the white batter and using a knife to make a swirl pattern.
- Bake at 300°F for 50 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 hours.
- Combine 6 oz of chocolate chips and sour cream and ice cooled cake.
NEW YORK STYLE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (if using a silver springform pan, or 325 degrees F if using a dark nonstick springform pan).
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan. In a mixing bowl, combine the chocolate wafer crumbs, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, and the butter and mix well. Press onto the bottom of springform pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, remaining cup of sugar, vanilla extract and vanilla bean seeds and beat until light and creamy. Add the flour to the cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and sour cream and mix well. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition until just blended. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, until the center is almost set. Run a sharp knife around the rim of the pan and allow cake to cool on a wire rack before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight before serving. Cheesecake may be made up to 2 days in advance before serving and will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Serve the cheesecake garnished with fresh strawberries, whipped cream and mint sprigs.
NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE
Plan ahead the cheesecake needs to be refrigerated overnight, it may also be baked sucessfully in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 1 10inch springform pan OR a 13
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 10-inch springform pan with vegetable spray OR use a 9" x 13" pan instead.
- For crust: Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg and 1/2 cup butter; mix well.
- Spread evenly on the bottom and to the edges of prepared pan.
- Prick all over with a fork; bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees, allow to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 475 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1-3/4 cups sugar, 3 tbsp flour, 5 eggs and yolks; beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Add in the whipping cream, ONLY enough to blend.
- Pour the filling over crust; bake for 10 minutes at 475 degrees.
- Reduce temperature to 200 degrees, and continue baking for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven, but leave cake in the oven for another hour.
- Remove, and cool.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Top with favorite fruit or just serve plain.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 7896.3, Fat 549.5, SaturatedFat 333.6, Cholesterol 3219.5, Sodium 4471.9, Carbohydrate 612.8, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 421.7, Protein 152.2
NEW YORK CHEESECAKE WITH SHORTBREAD CRUST
Light, creamy and smooth, this traditional New York cheesecake will melt in your mouth. I rely on a tender change-of-pace shortbread crust instead of graham cracker crust. This recipe takes time, but it's not difficult, and the result is well worth the effort. -Karen Nielson, St. George, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet., In a small bowl, mix flour, sugar and lemon zest; cut in butter until crumbly. Add egg yolks and vanilla, tossing with a fork until mixture pulls together., Press onto bottom and 1-1/2 in. up sides of prepared pan. Bake until lightly browned, 12-16 minutes. Cool on a wire rack., Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream, flour, vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Add eggs and egg yolks; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan., Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim of pan. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add cranberry and lemon juices. Stir in 1 cup raspberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter., Strain sauce; discard seeds. Cool to room temperature. Stir in the blueberries, blackberries and remaining raspberries. Serve with cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494 calories, Fat 36g fat (21g saturated fat), Cholesterol 200mg cholesterol, Sodium 295mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (28g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 8g protein.
NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE
Field editor Gloria Warczak of Cedarburg, Wisconsin says, "My mother-in-law got this recipe from an Italian friend many years ago. I added the chocolate-nut crust. It is our very favorite dessert." -Gloria A. Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, walnuts and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of an ungreased 10-in. springform pan. Freeze for 15 minutes., In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Combine milk and lemon juice; add to cream cheese mixture just until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. , Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. , Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Top with cherry pie filling. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "new york style cheesecake with chocolate crust recipes"
NEW YORK-STYLE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE RECIPE | LAND …
Servings 16Calories 450 per serving
- Stir together all crust ingredients in bowl. Press onto bottom and 1-inch up side of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, 5-6 minutes or until melted. Cool 15 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, 2-3 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add melted chocolate, 1/2 cup sour cream and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat at low speed 1-2 minutes or until well mixed.
CLASSIC NEW YORK CHEESECAKE WITH A CHOCOLATE COOKIE …
- Make sure the cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs are at room temperature for a silky smooth texture.
- Gently unmold cheesecake and remove the sides of the pan. Slide a thin metal spatula between the crust and pan bottom. Gently slide cheesecake onto a serving platter. If the bottom of your pan has a small lip around it, it may be easier to leave the pan bottom under the cheesecake and place it on the serving plate.
NEW YORK-STYLE OREO CHEESECAKE - BAKER BY NATURE
NEW YORK STYLE CHEESECAKE | CLASSIC CHEESECAKE RECIPE
PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE - LIFE MADE SIMPLE
CLASSIC NEW YORK CHEESECAKE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
NEW YORK CHEESECAKE RECIPE - BROWN EYED BAKER
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE (WITH OREO CRUST
NEW YORK STYLE CHEESECAKE RECIPE - SUGARHERO
NEW YORK CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BIRTHDAY CHEESECAKE - TASTE OF THE FRONTIER
AMERICAN CAKES - NEW YORK CHEESECAKE HISTORY AND RECIPE
THE ULTIMATE NEW YORK CHEESECAKE RECIPE- BATTERS AND BLESSINGS
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST RECIPE CHEESECAKE - THERESCIPES.INFO
NEW YORK WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
NEW YORK STYLE CHEESECAKE RECIPE - CLOVE AND CUMIN
CLASSIC NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE - COOKIST.COM
CLASSIC NEW YORK STYLE CHEESECAKE - WINDY CITY BAKER
NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE | RICARDO
CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE - JUST SO TASTY
NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE RECIPE - DELISH
EASY NEW YORK CHEESECAKE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
NEW YORK CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE WITH OREO CRUST
NY CHEESECAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
THE FLAVOR BENDER
NEW YORK STYLE CHEESECAKE - THE QUEENSHIP
NEW YORK STYLE CHEESECAKE - URBAN BAKES
NEW YORK STYLE CHEESECAKE – MY ROI LIST
NEW YORK CHEESECAKE RECIPE [VIDEO] - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
THE BEST NEW YORK CHEESECAKE EVER! | THE RECIPE CRITIC
NEW YORK STYLE CHEESECAKE: ELEGANT AND RICH - CHOPNOTCH
CHEESECAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THIS MONTH'S RECIPES - ANNA OLSON
BEST CLASSIC NEW YORK CHEESECAKE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
THE BEST NEW YORK CHEESECAKE RECIPE - LIFE LOVE AND SUGAR
NEW YORK CHEESECAKE WITH A CHOCOLATE CRUST
Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe (New York Style)6K views-04:29
How to Make a New York Style Irish Cream Cheesecake78 views-06:36
NEW YORK CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE: This Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with an Oreo Crust is outstanding2.8K views-13:28
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake85 views-06:59
Easy New York Style Cheesecake | Oreo Cookies Cheesecake | Perfect Cheesecake580 views-04:50
Best New York Style Cheesecake - Easy Recipe 👌🏻422 views-11:04
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake chocolate cheesecake New York style?This New York Chocolate Cheesecake turns a classic into a decadent dessert. Preheat oven to 350°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 325°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and the butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 min.
What is the recipe for a cheesecake with cream cheese?Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, the flour and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add melted chocolate and sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
What is the best crust for New York cheesecake?Vanilla: Use a good quality vanilla for a rich flavor. Simple and delicious, this buttery sweet crumb crust is the perfect bottom layer for New York Cheesecake! Prep: Preheat oven to 325. Prepare your springform pan by spraying with cooking spray, placing a parchment round on the bottom, and spraying the top of the parchment with cooking spray.
What temperature do you bake a cheesecake with a graham cracker crust?It’s a rich, velvety cheesecake with a classic graham cracker crust. Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides. Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl.