FRESH LASAGNA NOODLES
Do not attempt to cut the amounts in the recipe in half. Instead, dry any extra noodles completely, wrap them tightly in plastic, and store at cool room temperature for up to one week. Boil for 90 seconds before using.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 24 squares (4 inch) or 16 strips (4 by 13 inches)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Mound flour on a work surface, and make a well in the center. Beat eggs and a pinch of salt in a small bowl, then pour eggs into well. Using a fork, slowly add flour to eggs, incorporating a small amount at a time, switching to hands as dough becomes stiff.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth, elastic, and no longer sticky, about 10 minutes. Cover with plastic, and let dough rest on counter for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cut dough into 8 pieces. Working with 1 piece at a time and keeping remaining pieces covered, dust dough lightly with flour, and feed through a pasta machine's widest setting (No.1). Fold dough lengthwise into thirds, and rotate 90 degrees. Pass through machine 2 more times.
- Turn dial to next-narrower setting. Pass dough through machine twice, gently supporting it with your palms. Continue to roll dough through ever-finer settings, 2 passes each, until sheet is almost translucent (No. 6 on a KitchenAid pasta roller). If dough bubbles or tears, pass it through again, and dust with flour if it sticks. Immediately cut sheet into lasagna noodles: 4-inch squares for individual lasagna or 4-by-13-inch strips for a large pan. Transfer strips to a drying rack for 1 hour. Repeat with remaining dough. (Noodles can be stored, when completely dry and stiff, for up to 1 week.)
- Fill a large bowl with cool water. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook 2 to 3 noodles at a time for 90 seconds. Using a wire-mesh skimmer, transfer noodles to cool water, and swirl a few times. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet until ready to use, placing a piece of parchment or plastic between layers. Use immediately.
NOODLE-LESS ZUCCHINI LASAGNA
The thinly sliced zucchini ribbons replace pasta in this delicious, low-carb, noodle-less dish. This lasagna totally satisfies my cravings for cheesy and indulgent Italian comfort food. It's perfect in the summer when I have tons of garden-fresh zucchini and herbs, but I also love making it during the colder months when I want something hot and comforting. Although it takes a little longer than most of my recipes, it's totally worth it!
Provided by Gina Homolka
Yield Serves 8
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat a large, deep nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the meat, season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and cook, using a wooden spoon to break the meat into small pieces as it browns, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the meat in a colander and wipe the skillet with a paper towel.
- Put the skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and onion and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Return the meat to the pan, add the tomatoes, basil, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and the black pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes. Remove the lid and simmer uncovered 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Meanwhile, slice the zucchini lengthwise with a mandolin into 1/8-inch-thick slices (you should have at least 30 to 35 long zucchini ribbons). Lightly salt the zucchini with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and set aside for 15 minutes. Blot the zucchini with paper towels.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat (or preheat a grill pan over medium heat).
- Oil the grill grates or spray the grill pan with cooking spray to avoid sticking. Grill the zucchini until cooked and slightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and press to absorb excess moisture.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, and egg. Spread 1/2 cup of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 9 × 13 × 2 1/2- inch baking dish. Make a layer of the zucchini over the sauce to cover the bottom of the dish. Spread 1/2 cup of the ricotta mixture over the zucchini and sprinkle with 1 cup of the mozzarella. Make another layer of zucchini, top with 1 1/2 cups meat sauce, 1/2 cup ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients for a total of 3 layers. Finish the lasagna by topping with the remaining zucchini and meat sauce. Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove the foil, and bake 20 minutes uncovered. Add the remaining 1 cup mozzarella and bake uncovered until bubbling and the cheese is melted, 10 more minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into 8 pieces.
EGG NOODLE LASAGNA
An easy lasagna recipe using egg noodles instead of the traditional lasagna noodles. This is a great 'clean out the cupboard & fridge' recipe! The original recipe calls for mascarpone instead of the ricotta (which I use). Use mascarpone if you wish...it's just always easier for me to find ricotta at the store. You could also use cream cheese instead of ricotta.
Provided by Hey Jude
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook ground beef, green onions, garlic and 1/2 teaspoons salt in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring 10 minutes or until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Stir in tomato-basil pasta sauce and pepper. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- While meat sauce is simmering, prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles. Stir together noodles, ricotta cheese, 1 cup sour cream and remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt until blended.
- Layer half each of egg noodle mixture and ground beef mixture, starting with noodles, in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 708.2, Fat 37.2, SaturatedFat 19.9, Cholesterol 188, Sodium 798, Carbohydrate 47.7, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 2, Protein 44.6
NOODLE FREE LASAGNA
My Mom has always made this recipe and it has always been a favorite. Now that I am on a high protein diet, I really enjoy making this dish.
Provided by amy small
Yield 1 8x8 casserole, 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- saute ground turkey, drain, add onion flakes and all seasonings, tomato sauce, and mushrooms simmer.
- squeeze dry spinach, mix with cottage cheese.
- alternate layers with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
VEGGIE-RIFIC NOODLE-FREE LASAGNA
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lay several paper towels next to the stove; as you cook the veggies, transfer them to the paper towels to drain excess moisture.
- Bring a very large grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add zucchini, portabella mushroom, and eggplant, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed tomatoes with garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine spinach, egg substitute, ricotta cheese, basil, salt, and nutmeg. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Evenly coat the bottom of an 8-inch by 8-inch pan with about half of the seasoned crushed tomatoes. Evenly layer half of the sliced veggies over the tomatoes. Spread half of the spinach mixture into an even layer over the veggies. Top evenly with soy crumbles.
- Evenly layer remaining veggies into the pan, placing them perpendicular to the first layer, followed by the remaining spinach mixture. Evenly cover with remaining seasoned crushed tomatoes. Evenly distribute mozzarella cheese and grated topping over the crushed tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven until lasagna is hot and mozzarella cheese is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, cut into quarters, and enjoy!
NO-NOODLE ZUCCHINI LASAGNA
Looking for a low-carb dinner to satisfies your Italian food craving? Look no further! This lasagna is perfect in the summer with your garden-fresh veggies and herbs, or in the winter when you need a comforting meal. You won't even miss the noodles in this one!
Provided by Jill Welch
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a deep 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into very thin slices. Sprinkle slices lightly with salt; set aside to drain in a colander.
- To prepare the meat sauce, cook and stir ground beef and black pepper in a large skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Add in green pepper and onion; cook and stir until meat is no longer pink. Stir in tomato paste, tomato sauce, wine, basil, and oregano, adding a small amount of hot water if sauce is too thick. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer sauce for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, stir egg, ricotta, and parsley together in a bowl until well combined.
- To assemble lasagna, spread 1/2 of the meat sauce into the bottom of prepared pan. Then layer 1/2 the zucchini slices, 1/2 the ricotta mixture, all of the spinach, followed by all of the mushrooms, then 1/2 the mozzarella cheese. Repeat by layering the remaining meat sauce, zucchini slices, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella. Spread Parmesan cheese evenly over the top; cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil; raise oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494 calories, Carbohydrate 23.2 g, Cholesterol 117.7 mg, Fat 27.3 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 41.3 g, SaturatedFat 14.2 g, Sodium 2199.7 mg, Sugar 10.6 g
More about "noodle free lasagna recipes"
NO NOODLE LASAGNA RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
4.3/5 (3)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 355 per serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned. Drain off any excess fat.
VEGGIE-RIFIC NOODLE-FREE LASAGNA | HUNGRY GIRL
Servings 4Calories 265 per servingCategory Lunch & Dinner Recipes
- Bring a grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Working in batches as needed, lay zucchini, mushroom, and eggplant slices in the pan and cook until softened, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer cooked veggies to the paper towels.
NOODLE-LESS LASAGNA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Ratings 7Calories 279 per servingCategory Gluten-Free Pasta Recipes
- Arrange eggplant and zucchini in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large saucepan, crumbling it with a spoon, until browned, about 6 minutes. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, wine, basil and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until bubbling. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
13 PALEO LASAGNA RECIPES WITHOUT NOODLES - PALEO GRUBS
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
KETO LASAGNA RECIPE (NO NOODLE, PASTA FREE) - LOW CARB …
Ratings 34Calories 301 per servingCategory Main Course
HOMEMADE LOW CARB NOODLE FREE LASAGNA RECIPE
5/5 (1)Total Time 3 hrsCategory Main CourseCalories 389 per serving
EASY LASAGNA RECIPE (NO NEED TO BOIL THE NOODLES!)
4.7/5 (46)Category Main DishCuisine ItalianCalories 383 per serving
CROCK POT MEATSAGNA (NOODLE-FREE LASAGNA) - RECIPES THAT ...
Ratings 1Calories 485 per servingCategory Main
- In a gallon sized baggie, mix together the all the ingredients for the meat layer and then dump into a 6 quart slow cooker and press into the bottom.
KETO LASAGNA RECIPE (WITH REAL NOODLES!) | WHOLESOME YUM
5/5 (17)Total Time 55 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 440 per serving
- Meanwhile, make the meat sauce. Place the ground beef into a large saute pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, breaking apart the meat with a spoon or spatula, until browned.
- While the meat sauce is simmering, make the cheese filling. In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, parmesan, and egg.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE LASAGNA NOODLES FROM SCRATCH
5/5 (40)Total Time 15 minsServings 4
12 NOODLE-FREE LASAGNAS PERFECT FOR A HEALTHY WEEKNIGHT ...
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
NOODLE FREE LASAGNA ‹ GLITTER SPICE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
HOMEMADE KETO LASAGNA NOODLES PASTA SHEETS - LOW CARB NO CARB
Reviews 6Calories 180 per servingCategory Main Dishes
BARILLA NO BOIL LASAGNA NOODLES NUTRITION - EASY INSTANT ...
CHEESE LASAGNA NO BOIL NOODLES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
10 BEST LASAGNA WITHOUT NOODLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
VEGETARIAN NOODLE FREE LASAGNA RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
GLUTEN FREE LASAGNA RECIPE NO COOK NOODLES - SIMPLE CHEF ...
LASAGNA RECIPE HOMEMADE NOODLES - GET COOKING DIRECTIONS ...
BARILLA NO BOIL LASAGNA NOODLES MAKE AHEAD - SIMPLY RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #casseroles #main-dish #eggs-dairy #poultry #oven #easy #cheese #turkey #dietary #comfort-food #meat #taste-mood #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make lasagna with uncooked noodles?Cover the bottom with 3 uncooked lasagna noodles. Top with ⅓ of the cheese mixture and then ¼ of the sauce. Repeat layers (noodles, cheese, sauce, noodles, cheese, sauce). Top with 3 noodles, remaining sauce, remaining 1 cup of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
What's the best way to make low carb lasagna?The top layer of lasagna is typically cheese. In my Low Carb Noodle Free Lasagna Recipe, I use a combination of mozzarella and Parmesan. The biggest sources of carbohydrates in lasagna are the noodles and the tomato sauce. If the noodles are eliminated, it automatically greatly reduces the carbs.
Can you make gluten free lasagna at home?Make your own gluten free lasagna at home with the help of this simple recipe, which features oven ready noodles and four types of cheese. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet, along with the onion and garlic.
How long do you cook egg noodle lasagna?Layer half each of egg noodle mixture and ground beef mixture, starting with noodles, in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Repeat layers. Bake at 350-degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese and bake 5 more minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.