RICH CARDAMOM COOKIES
I recently baked this cardamom cookie recipe for a potluck and the guests raved about them because they are unusual and delicious.
Provided by Alex Wilkens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease 2 baking sheets. Combine flour, cardamom and salt. In a seperate bowl, beat butter until creamy, and add sugar. Continue to beat until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flower mixture until well-blended, stir in ground almonds.In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and cardamom. Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, coat in sugar-spice mixture. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheets. Dip the bottom of a glass into sugar mixture and flatten cookies to 1/2 inch thick rounds. Decorate with sliced almonds. Bake cookies until golden brown, about 12-14 minutes. Remove sheets to wire racks to cool 2-3 minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Field editor Mary Steiner of West Bend, Wisconsin sent her recipe for these melt-in-your-mouth morsels. Cardamom, almond extract and walnuts enhance the flavor of these buttery cookies.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 6 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter, 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, cardamom and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in walnuts., Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges are golden, 15-17 minutes. , While warm, roll cookies in remaining confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts :
FINNISH CARDAMOM COOKIES
- In large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cardamon.
- In another bowl, beat egg until frothy.
- Beat sugar and butter into egg. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until batter is smooth.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased and floured cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350° oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until brown.
NORTH AFRICIAN CARDAMOM COOKIES
Easy! (and I love the way the directions are written). Found in another trip through one of my boxes of old recipes cut from newspapers and magazines. I'm guessing at the yield.
Provided by Annacia
Categories Drop Cookies
Yield 4 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a bowl, beat the butter, sugar and cardomom powder for 3 minutes.
- Then with the beater going add the eggs one at a time.
- When the mixture gets light take it out in a bowl and add the flour and salt with a light hand.
- When a soft dough gets prepared with the help of a spoon drop them on a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Place them 1/2" apart.
- Bake these cookies in a preheated oven at 325 F for 10 - 11 minutes or till the cookies have a golden color.
- Repeat the baking procedure for the remaining dough.
IRAQI CARDAMOM COOKIES (HADGI BADAH)
Found this recipe while looking for an Iraqi chicken and potatoes dish requested in the NA/ME forum. (From chicken to cookies, yes my mind wanders.) Saw this and thought it would be a great addition to 'Zaar for all my cardamom loving friends. The original recipe is from "The World of Jewish Cooking." Posting for some future ZWT.
Provided by justcallmetoni
Yield 72 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheets with a light coating of cooking spray, oil or butter. (Looks like parchment paper would also work well with these cookies.).
- Sift together the flour, cardamom, salt, and baking powder.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and eggs until light and creamy. Stir in the flour mixture, then the ground almonds.
- Pinch off a small piece of dough and hand form into 1-inch balls, moistening your hands with rose water or orange blossom water, if desired. Place on the prepared baking sheets and flatten slightly. Press a whole almond into the center of each cookie.
- Bake until lightly browned about 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 61.9, Fat 3, SaturatedFat 0.3, Cholesterol 10.3, Sodium 22.2, Carbohydrate 7.4, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 4, Protein 1.8
BARBARA'S CARDAMOM COOKIES
My dear friend, Barbara Weinrich, presents my family with a beautiful tray of Christmas cookies each year. This is my favorite. I love the exotic taste of cardamom and the browned butter icing. (Scandanavian cooks have made a great contribution to Midwest baking :)
Provided by Acerast
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 20 bars
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cream 1 cup butter and the granulated and brown sugars until fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk and 1 teaspoon vanilla, mix well.
- Stir in the flour, cardamom and salt.
- Spread in an ungreased 10 x 15" baking pan.
- Beat the egg white until bubbly but not forming peaks.
- Brush the dough with the egg white and sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
- Bake at 275°F for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, melt the 1 1/2 Tablespoon butter until it browns slightly, remove from heat.
- Beat in 1 cup confectioner's sugar and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add enough milk to make a"drizzling" consistency.
- Drizzle on baked dough.
- Cut into bars.
We love the smell and taste of cardamom around the holidays and found this recipe in our local paper. Cardamom tastes like a mixture of ginger and maybe cinnamon and can be very strong. If you're adding more, go with a light hand.
Provided by Hungarian Gypsy
Yield 24 cookies, 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together baking soda, cardamom, cinnamon and flour and reserve.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-hgih speed, beat sugar and butter together until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and beat until thouroughly combined. Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Roll dough into balls and transfer to baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Carefully press dough with flat bottom of drinking glass and bake until llightly browned, 14 to 16 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add milk, cardamom and cinnamon and beat well. Reduce speed to low and add powdered sugar to reach desired consistency. Spread icing on cooled cookies.
- Note: This icing is fairly soft, and does not harden. If you like your icing to be a bit stiffer, try adding slightly less milk and more confectioners sugar.
More about "north africian cardamom cookies recipes"
10 BEST AFRICAN DESSERTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHAKAR LAMA | CARDAMOM MIDDLE EASTERN SHORTBREAD …
CARDAMOM AND LEMON COOKIES - AROUND THE AGA
ALMOND CARDAMOM MERINGUE - KULCHA-E-BADAM - AFGHAN …
NORTH AFRICAN BEEF AND BROWN RICE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
CARDAMOM AND WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR RECIPES (82) - SUPERCOOK
CARDAMOM COOKIES – MY ROI LIST
9 MOST POPULAR AFRICAN COOKIES - TASTEATLAS
11 NORTH AFRICAN AND MIDDLE EASTERN DESSERTS - SAVEUR
BEST COOKING BROWNIE RECIPES: NORTH AFRICIAN CARDAMOM COOKIES
15 CARDAMOM DESSERT RECIPES THAT ARE FRAGRANT AND FLAVORFUL
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH COOKIES - AWB-E-DANDAN - AFGHAN …
CHICKPEA COOKIES (NAN NOKHODCHI) - THE DELICIOUS CRESCENT
NORDIC-STYLE CARDAMOM SUGAR COOKIES WITH STRAWBERRY JAM
20 TRADITIONAL AFRICAN DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
THE BEST CARDAMOM COOKIES - UPSTATE RAMBLINGS
MY AFGHAN RECIPES WITH CARDAMOM — HOME - AFGHAN …
COOKIE RECIPES WITH CARDAMOM : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
FINNISH CARDAMOM SHORTBREAD COOKIES – GREG NELSON COOKS
MIDDLE EASTERN AND NORTH AFRICAN RECIPES - LINSFOOD
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
CARDAMOM COOKIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE CARDAMOM COOKIES …
RAMADAN RECIPES: SAFFRON AND CARDAMOM COOKIES | ARAB NEWS
CARDAMOM COOKIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
NORTH AFRICIAN CARDAMOM COOKIES - PLAIN.RECIPES
CARDAMOM CHRISTMAS COOKIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
CARDAMOM-PECAN COOKIES - THE ARMENIAN KITCHEN
INDIAN CARDAMOM COOKIES RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
ARABIC CARDAMOM SHORTBREAD COOKIES - GHORAYEBAH RECIPE | MY …
CARDAMOM COOKIES RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
ALMOND FLOUR COOKIES WITH CARDAMOM (NANKHATAI) - EAT …
TOP 46 COOKIE RECIPES WITH CARDAMOM
#weeknight #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #drop-cookies #desserts #eggs-dairy #african #easy #cookies-and-brownies #eggs
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make cookie dough with cardamom?In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and cardamom. Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, coat in sugar-spice mixture. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheets.
How do you make cardamom cake mix?Combine flour, cardamom and salt. In a seperate bowl, beat butter until creamy, and add sugar. Continue to beat until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flower mixture until well-blended, stir in ground almonds. In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and cardamom.
What are cardamom chickpea cookies?These cardamom chickpea cookies with pistachios are a mouth watering Persian treat, traditionally known as Nan-e Nokhodchi. They are quiet similar to some Indian sweets prepared with the same ingredients. I think that using ghee (clarified butter) gives these cookies a nice nutty and rich flavor.
How to make ghee cookies with chickpeas?Combine the melted ghee, oil, sugar, cardamom, rose water and salt. Then add the roasted chickpea flour and mix well. (You can also make your own flour by processing the roasted chickpeas in a Vitamix or a food processor ). The dough may be a bit crumbly or dry but it works. Take a smooth stainless steel tablespoon measure to shape the cookies.