OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put butter in small bowl.
- Scald milk (heat till just below boiling) and pour over butter, stir to mix well.
- Beat eggs.
- Gradually stir into milk mixture. Stir in sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Put bread cubes and raisins in a 1-1/2 quart baking dish; pour in milk mixture. Stir gently to moisten the bread evenly.
- Set in a larger pan; add hot water to the outer pan to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold.
OLD-FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING
Through the years, I've made this bread pudding quite often and am asked for the recipe each time. I think folks find this dessert so appealing because of its comforting taste and texture.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine milk, egg substitute, vanilla and sweetener in a bowl. Add bread cubes and raisins; stir gently. Pour into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Place in a shallow pan; add 1 in. of water. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts :
OLD-FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, break bread and moisten with evaporated milk and water. Pour eggs over mixture and mix well. Add pineapple, apple, raisins, sugar, and vanilla and mix well. Cut butter into pieces and add to mixture, mixing all ingredients well, Pour into a greased 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
OLD-FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING
Bread pudding is a delicious treat and an even better way to reduce food waste! For this bread pudding recipe, collect the heels and any extra slices of bread you have and freeze them. When you have enough to measure six cups (this is about six slices of bread), thaw the slices and start baking this warm and comforting bread pudding.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium heat until butter is melted and milk is hot.
- In large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir in bread cubes and raisins. Stir in milk mixture. Pour into ungreased deep round pan.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Serve warm with whipping cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Carbohydrate 25 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 280 mg
OLD-FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10x12-inch baking pan.
- Combine half-and-half, eggs, sugar, heavy cream, raisins, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a bowl; mix well.
- Arrange bread pieces on the bottom of the prepared pan. Pour cream mixture over bread. Allow to soak 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the baking pan into a larger pan; fill the larger pan with water halfway up the sides of the smaller pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 75 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over low heat. Pour into a small bowl; add confectioners' sugar and mix well.
- Remove bread pudding from the oven. Poke holes throughout using a butter knife. Pour butter sauce over the top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 443.6 calories, Carbohydrate 49.2 g, Cholesterol 186.4 mg, Fat 24.2 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 8.8 g, SaturatedFat 13.6 g, Sodium 383.1 mg, Sugar 28.9 g
GRANDMA'S BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break bread into casserole dish/bowl.
- Add Cinnamon to bread and mix.
- Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and milk in cooking pot.
- Bring pot to bowl by heating on high and stirring bottom with a spatula to scrape well.
- Add half of the heated mix to the bowl of bread. Try to cover all bread,but do not mash bread.
- Bake on middle rack for 1 hour.
- With second half of mix, make pudding by heating and adding a mixture of flour and half a cup of water in a shaker, like thickening a gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 336.3, Fat 7.7, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 111.5, Sodium 291, Carbohydrate 59.6, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 34.9, Protein 8.1
OLD-FASHIONED SOUTHERN BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread bread cubes and raisins in a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Mix applesauce, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a small bowl. Pour mixture over bread.
- Mix milk, sugar, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract together in another bowl and pour over bread. Sprinkle top with a dash of cinnamon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356 calories, Carbohydrate 67.9 g, Cholesterol 100.9 mg, Fat 5.8 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 9.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 321.8 mg, Sugar 48.3 g
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE RECIPE - (3.9/5)
Provided by francesn
Number Of Ingredients 15
- PUDDING: Heat oven to 350°F. Combine bread and raisins in large bowl. Combine milk and 1/4 cup butter in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted, about 4 to 7 minutes. Pour milk mixture over bread; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in all remaining pudding ingredients. Pour into greased 1 1/2-quart casserole. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until set in center. SAUCE: Combine all sauce ingredients except vanilla in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil, about 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in vanilla. To serve, spoon warm pudding into individual dessert dishes; serve with sauce. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
This simple bake is lovely with a cuppa. Or have it for dessert instead, with custard or ice cream
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Cuts into 9 squares
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Tear 500g white or wholemeal bread into a large mixing bowl and add 500g mixed dried fruit, 85g mixed peel and 1 ½ tbsp mixed spice.
- Pour in 600ml milk, then stir or scrunch through your fingers to mix everything well and completely break up the bread.
- Add 2 beaten large eggs, 140g light muscovado sugar and zest of 1 lemon, if using. Stir well, then set aside for 15 mins to soak.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter and line the base of a 20cm non-stick square cake tin (not one with a loose base).
- Stir the melted butter into the pudding mixture, tip into the tin, then scatter with demerara.
- Bake for 1½ hrs until firm and golden, covering with foil if it starts to brown too much. Turn out of the tin and strip off the paper. Cut into squares and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 510 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 94 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 67 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 10 grams protein, Sodium 1.15 milligram of sodium
More about "old fashioned bread pudding recipes"
HOW TO MAKE BREAD PUDDING THE OLD-FASHIONED WAY
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
OLD-FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING AUTHENTIC RECIPE | TASTEATLAS
CLASSIC BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | ALL THINGS MAMMA
GOOD OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING RECIPE BY CAROLINE ADAMS …
OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING - FEED YOUR FAMILY FOR £20 A WEEK
GRANDMA'S BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
OLD-FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING WITH RAISINS | VINTAGE COOKING
OLD TIME BREAD PUDDING - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
10 BEST OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING WITH RAISINS …
OLD-FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE RECIPE
OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING - JUST PLAIN COOKING
OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | I HEART RECIPES
OLD-FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
HOMEMADE OLD FASHIONED MIX RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING - THE COUNTRY COOK
OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING RECIPES
OLD-FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE - NEW ENGLAND …
OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - KITCHEN NOSTALGIA
OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
CHARLESTON’S OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING RECIPE: A SOUTHERN …
OLD-FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING | MRFOOD.COM
THE BEST BREAD PUDDING & SAUCE - OLD FASHIONED RECIPE (WITH …
TRADITIONAL BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - GOOD OLD-FASHIONED RECIPES
OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING – CROUCH.TV
DEEP SOUTH DISH: OLD FASHIONED SOUTHERN BREAD PUDDING
OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING WITH RAISINS RECIPES
OLD FASHIONED PUDDING RECIPES - VINTAGE RECIPES AND COOKERY
TRADITIONAL BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | A GLUG OF OIL
OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - SOUTHERN PLATE
FOOLPROOF OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING • RECIPE FOR …
OLD FASHIONED BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - MAKES, BAKES AND DECOR
HOW TO MAKE GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING - RECIPES …
OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - OH YES! - THE SAVVY AGE
MY NAN'S OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING | COMMUNITY RECIPES
OLD FASHIONED ENGLISH BREAD PUDDING (DAIRY FREE / EGG FREE / VEGAN)
OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING | BRITISH BLOKES COOKING
BREAD PUDDING – THE 1940'S EXPERIMENT
HOW TO MAKE OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING - THE SELF SUFFICIENT …
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #desserts #eggs-dairy #american #oven #puddings-and-mousses #dietary #equipment
You'll also love