PASTA WITH TUNA AND OLIVES
If you want to make a complete meal of this, you can add a green vegetable to the mix (see the variation below). I like to use fusilli because I like the way the tuna gets lodged in the twists of the corkscrews, but other types of pasta, such as penne or spaghetti, will be just fine.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Begin heating a large pot of water for the pasta. In a large pasta bowl, break up the tuna. Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan or saucepan over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook, stirring, just until fragrant, and remove from the heat. Add to the tuna. Add the parsley or basil, and mix together.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pan, heat through and season to taste with salt and add pepper and the red pepper flakes if using. Stir in the olives.
- When the water for the pasta comes to a boil, add a generous tablespoon of salt and the pasta. Cook al dente, until firm to the bite, following the cooking instructions on the package but checking the pasta a minute or two before the indicated time. Remove 2 tablespoons of the cooking water and mix with the tuna.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain and transfer to the bowl with the tuna. Add the tomato sauce with the olives, toss everything together, and serve. Pass the Parmesan at the table.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 499, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 70 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 25 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 575 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PASTA PEPERONATA WITH TUNA AND OLIVES
Cherry tomatoes and a colorful combination of bell, sweet, and banana peppers are teamed with four pantry powerhouses to make a flavorful sauce for spaghetti: jarred tuna, golden raisins, Kalamata olives, and Parmesan cheese.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat a large straight-sided skillet or shallow pot over medium. Swirl in oil. Add onion, mild peppers, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have collapsed and are tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, raisins, olives, and basil sprig. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have collapsed and release their juices, and sauce thickens to a stew-like consistency, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove and discard basil.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pot of generously salted boiling water until al dente, about 2 minutes less than package instructions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then drain. Transfer spaghetti and 1/2 cup pasta water to skillet with sauce and continue cooking, tossing a few times, until sauce thickens slightly and clings evenly to pasta, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Add tuna, half of cheese, and finger pepper, tossing until evenly combined. Add more pasta water, a little at a time, until sauce evenly coats pasta again. Stir in basil leaves and serve, topped with remaining cheese and a drizzle of oil.
TUNA-BASIL PASTA WITH OLIVES
- Cook pasta as directed on package; drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until tomatoes burst. Add garlic and olives; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently. Add reserved pasta cooking water. Heat to boiling; remove from heat. Add cooked pasta, tuna, basil and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat.
- Transfer mixture to large serving bowl or divide among individual bowls. Garnish with additional basil and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
PASTA WITH TUNA, TOMATOES, GARLIC, CAPERS, AND OLIVES
- Cook pasta in large pot of rapidly boiling water until al dente or done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Place olive oil and the garlic in a large saute pan and turn heat to medium. Cook until the garlic is fragrant and lightly golden. Add capers, anchovies, olives, and tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes start to break down and become a sauce, about 8 minutes. Toss with cooked pasta. Add parsley and tuna and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
CAVATAPPI PASTA SALAD WITH TUNA AND OLIVES
This is a great macaroni salad with cavatappi pasta I started making a few years back and is now requested at every event I attend. So simple, yet delicious!
Provided by karabear8317
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cavatappi and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 9 to 10 minutes. Drain and run under cold water until no longer hot. Drain again and transfer to a big bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, tuna, olives, celery, onion, salt, and pepper to the pasta; toss until fully combined. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 772.9 calories, Carbohydrate 46.8 g, Cholesterol 45.1 mg, Fat 53.3 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 28.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 823.1 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
More about "pasta peperonata with tuna and olives recipes"
SPAGHETTI PEPERONATA WITH TUNA AND OLIVES | AUTHENTIC …
4.6/5 (29)Calories 324 per servingCategory Main Course
- Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet and sauté the onion for a few minutes until it softens. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for a few minutes more.
- Add the peppers and cook for about 5-6 minutes, until they are glossy and softened. Add the tomatoes and cook for a minute more. Add the raisins or currants, olives, and tuna to the pan.
- Cook the pasta just until it reaches the al dente stage. Reserve some of the cooking liquid and then lift out the pasta straight into the pan with the peppers, bringing along a little of the cooking water with it.
- Toss everything gently together, adding half the cheese and a little more pasta water if it seems too dry. Toss until the cheese has melted.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST ITALIAN PEPERONATA RECIPE
PASTA WITH TUNA, TOMATO & GREEN OLIVES - RECIPE
PASTA PEPERONATA | PASTA RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
TUNA PASTA WITH OLIVES - ERREN'S KITCHEN - RECIPES TO RELY …
SPAGHETTI PEPERONATA WITH TUNA AND OLIVES - RECIPES - FAXO
SPAGHETTI WITH PEPPERS SAUCE, TUNA AND OLIVES - I EAT ITALY
PASTA PEPERONATA WITH TUNA AND OLIVES | PUNCHFORK
SPAGHETTI PEPERONATA WITH TUNA AND OLIVES | AUTHENTIC AND HEALTHY ...
PASTA PEPERONATA WITH TUNA AND OLIVES RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
VEGAN PASTA PEPERONATA (STEWED BELL PEPPER PASTA)
PASTA PEPERONATA WITH TUNA AND OLIVES RECIPE | RECIPE | SEAFOOD …
TUNA AND OLIVE PASTA - CALIFORNIA RIPE OLIVES
ITALIAN PEPERONATA (SWEET BELL PEPPERS WITH TOMATOES AND OLIVES)
QUICK AND EASY PENNE PASTA WITH TUNA, OLIVES, CAPERS, AND ORANGE …
OLIVE AND TUNA SPAGHETTI ALL’ASCOLANA - THE PASTA PROJECT
SPAGHETTI PEPERONATA WITH TUNA AND OLIVES - FOOD FAM RECIPES
PASTA PEPERONATA WITH TUNA AND OLIVES RECIPE - PINTEREST
PASTA PEPERONATA WITH TUNA AND OLIVES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ITALIAN TUNA OLIVE RIGATONI - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
TUNA AND OLIVE PASTA RECIPE - BBC FOOD
PASTA PEPERONATA - MARICRUZ AVALOS KITCHEN BLOG
TUNA PASTA SALAD WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
TUNA PESTO PASTA SALAD WITH OLIVES - PIPER COOKS
TUNA PASTA WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS | EVA KOPER
SPANISH PEPERONATA WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
PASTA PEPERONATA WITH TUNA AND OLIVES | JUDYN | COPY ME THAT
TUNA PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND OLIVES (VIDEO) - ACCUSTOMED …
SPAGHETTI PEPERONATA WITH TUNA AND OLIVES | AUTHENTIC AND HEALTHY!
PASTA SALAD WITH TUNA, OLIVES AND PARSLEY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PASTA PEPERONATA WITH TUNA AND OLIVES RECIPE | RECIPE | PASTA …
PASTA WITH TUNA - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, OLIVES AND PEAS - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
SEARED TUNA STEAK WITH PEPERONATA – RECIPES – NAPOLINA
TUNA PESTO PASTA WITH OLIVES RECIPE | THE MISIS CHRONICLES
You'll also love