ROASTED CHERRY TOMATO PASTA
Roasting enhances the flavors of any vegetable, but seems to add a wonderful, rich sweetness when done with cherry tomatoes. This recipe takes that sweetness, complements it with fresh herbs and a touch of heat from red pepper flakes, with some low-fat ricotta to smooth it all out. I topped it with some salty, nutty Pecorino cheese.
Provided by Scott Koeneman
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine all tomatoes, garlic, chicken broth, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a large, glass baking dish; toss to coat.
- Roast in the middle of the preheated oven, stirring regularly, until tomatoes are tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir in basil, parsley, and oregano.
- When the tomatoes have been roasting for about 35 minutes, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, 5 to 7 minutes (cook for 2 minutes less than package directions.) Drain and return to the pot.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and herbs to the linguine and cook over medium-low heat for 2 minutes. Add ricotta cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
- Serve topped with Pecorino Romano cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347 calories, Carbohydrate 49.3 g, Cholesterol 27.5 mg, Fat 10.2 g, Fiber 9.8 g, Protein 17.9 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 504.4 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
PASTA WITH ROASTED TOMATO SAUCE
- Roast the tomatoes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Halve 5 plum tomatoes. On two large rimmed baking sheets, arrange tomatoes, cut side up, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until softened and edges are crinkled, about 1 hour. Let cool.
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine tomatoes, oil, capers (if using), and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and return to pot; toss with tomato mixture. Serve pasta topped with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 587 g, Fat 30 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 12 g
PASTA WITH ROASTED GARLIC AND CHERRY TOMATOES
Prep time approx. 40 min (I found this in the May 2003 Canadian Living Magazine) This is a quick and easy recipe. Garlic becomes mellow when roasted,(so don't let 12 cloves scare you away) and roasting the tomatoes brings out the rich flavor. The two compliment each other. Using cherry tomatoes saves time so if you use other kinds of tomatoes it may take longer. I have two kids age 11 and 14 who love this recipe and always have more than one helping.
Provided by heather in Ont
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl toss sliced tomatoes, sliced garlic, oil, basil, salt, hot pepper flakes and ground pepper.
- Place in a 9 X 13 metal cake pan and roast at 400°F for approximately 30 minute.
- The tomatoes should be shriveled and the garlic tender.
- Cook pasta in a pot of salted boiling water while tomatoes and garlic are cooking.
- Drain and return pasta to pot.
- Add garlic tomato mixture and parsley, tossing to coat.
- Serve with sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- If you don't have any fresh Parmesan try other sharp hard cheeses such as Romano or Asiago.
PASTA WITH ROASTED TOMATOES AND CAPERS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss tomatoes, capers, and oregano with oil and season with salt. Roast until tomatoes burst and begin to brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain.
- Return pasta and 1/4 cup pasta water to pot and add tomato mixture. Cook over high until sauce is slightly thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. If necessary, add remaining pasta water to create a light sauce that coats pasta. Serve sprinkled with oregano.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 432 g, Fat 12 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 2 g
PASTA WITH ROASTED TOMATOES
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 475 degrees F. Quarter the tomatoes, then scoop the seeds and pulp into a sieve set over a bowl (reserve the tomatoes). Press on the seeds and pulp to extract the juice (you should have about 1/2 cup). Chop the tomatoes and toss with 3 tablespoons olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt. Toss the zucchini with 3 tablespoons olive oil on a separate baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, switching the position of the pans halfway through, until tender and browned in spots, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta as the label directs; reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add the cherry peppers; cook 1 minute. Stir in the tomato paste, then the reserved tomato juice and 1/2 cup cooking water. Bring to a boil; simmer until reduced by half, 5 minutes. Add the pasta, vegetables, basil and parmesan to the skillet; season with salt. Cook, tossing, 1 minute, adding more of the reserved cooking water as needed to loosen.
ROASTED CHERRY TOMATO PASTA
This cherry tomato pasta is so easy and delicious! Try different types of tomatoes for color and flavor. Larger tomatoes may be cut up into smaller pieces to equal a halved cherry tomato. Serve with salad and warm bread.
Provided by Kim
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread tomatoes in a single later in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Add olive oil, shallots, garlic, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes; toss until tomatoes are coated with oil and seasonings.
- Roast, uncovered, in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain pasta and return to the pot.
- Remove tomatoes from the oven and stir into the pasta with fresh basil. Top with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359.5 calories, Carbohydrate 46.9 g, Cholesterol 2.2 mg, Fat 16 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 9.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 340 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
PENNE WITH ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES
This exquisitely simple recipe came to The Times in a 2001 article about Paola di Mauro, an Italian winemaker in Marina, a small town southeast of Rome. She was one of a band of cooks who helped distinguish "cucina casalinga," roughly translated as "housewives' cooking." From her humble kitchen, Ms. di Mauro mentored some of the best Italian chefs and restaurateurs in the United States, including Mario Batali, Lidia Bastianich, Piero Selvaggio and Tony May. Her recipe is easy and calls for just five ingredients - cherry tomatoes, olive oil, pecorino romano and penne pasta - but get your hands on the best ingredients you can afford. Ms. di Mauro intended this to serve four as a first course, but if you're making this for dinner, double the recipe.
Provided by Amanda Hesser
Categories dinner, pastas, main course
Yield 2 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line bottom of casserole dish with cherry tomatoes in a single layer, halved side up. Pour oil on top, season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle cheese and bread crumbs on top. Bake until tomatoes have wilted, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season with enough sea salt so that water tastes mildly of salt. When tomatoes are just about done, add penne to water and cook until al dente (it should be pliable, but still firm in center). Scoop out about a cup of pasta water and reserve. Drain pasta and add to casserole. Fold tomatoes and pasta together, adding another 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil, to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning. If it is dry, add a little reserved pasta water. Serve, passing more grated cheese at the table.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 525, UnsaturatedFat 24 grams, Carbohydrate 52 grams, Fat 30 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 493 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams
PASTA WITH ROASTED GARLIC & TOMATOES
Here's a simple sauce with just four ingredients, and it's savory enough for a fancy party. I use bow tie pasta, but penne works, too. - Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a bowl, toss tomatoes and garlic cloves with oil; transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 14-16 minutes or until very soft. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions., Cool tomato mixture slightly. Reserve 12 tomatoes for serving with pasta. Transfer remaining tomato mixture to a food processor. Add cream cheese and salt; process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl., Drain pasta; add to tomato mixture and toss to coat. Top with reserved tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 441 calories, Fat 22g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 32mg cholesterol, Sodium 401mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
More about "pasta with roasted tomatoes recipes"
PASTA WITH ROASTED TOMATOES | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- Once boiling, add some salt and the pasta, and cook until al dente according to package directions
ROASTED CHERRY TOMATO PASTA - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (98)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, PastaCalories 504 per serving
- Place on a foil-lined pan and roast at 425°F for 15 minutes or until softened. Broil 1-2 minutes to add a little bit of char/color once softened.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but firm. Drain (do not rinse) and place in a large bowl.
PASTA WITH ROASTED TOMATOES AND GARLIC RECIPE
4.5/5 (27)Total Time 35 minsServings 4Calories 417 per serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt. Add pasta; cook 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 6 tablespoons cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan. Combine reserved cooking liquid and 2 tablespoons oil in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil 4 minutes or until mixture measures 1/3 cup. Add oil mixture to pan with pasta; toss to coat.
- While pasta cooks, combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, tomatoes, and garlic on a jelly-roll pan, tossing to combine. Bake at 450° for 11 minutes or until tomatoes are lightly browned and begin to burst. Add tomato mixture, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to pasta; toss to coat. Top with cheese and basil.
ROASTED TOMATO PASTA WITH MOZZARELLA | BETTER HOMES …
CREAMY ROSé PASTA WITH ROASTED TOMATOES - GIMME …
PASTA W/ SLOW-ROASTED TOMATOES, GARLIC & PARMESAN
BAKED FETA PASTA WITH ROASTED TOMATOES - LET THE BAKING …
ROASTED TOMATO AND BASIL PASTA - LAZY CAT KITCHEN
ROASTED TOMATO PASTA WITH CHILLI AND GARLIC RECIPE
ROASTED TOMATO PASTA WITH BASIL AND PARMESAN - JOYOUS APRON
ROASTED GRAPE TOMATOES AND GARLIC PASTA - ALL OUR WAY
PENNE PASTA WITH ROASTED TOMATOES AND FRESH MOZZARELLA
ROASTED CHERRY TOMATO PASTA - IT'S NOT COMPLICATED RECIPES
SLOW ROASTED TOMATO PASTA : JUST 9 INGREDIENTS! - THE WOKS OF LIFE
CREAMY PASTA WITH ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES RECIPE
RECIPE: ROASTED CARROT AND TOMATO PASTA - ISPYPLUMPIE.COM
10 BEST PASTA WITH FIRE ROASTED TOMATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST PASTA WITH ARUGULA, MOZZARELLA AND ROASTED TOMATOES …
PASTA WITH ROASTED TOMATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SLOW-ROASTED TOMATOES AND GARLIC WITH BASIL WHOLE-WHEAT PASTA …
SUMMER PASTA PRIMAVERA - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO PASTA - I AM HOMESTEADER
CREAMY PESTO PASTA RECIPE WITH ROASTED TOMATOES - EATWELL101
MEDITERRANEAN PASTA WITH FIRE ROASTED TOMATOES - MCCORMICK
BALSAMIC ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES (WITH PASTA) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
PASTA WITH ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES, CHICKEN, AND LEMON GARLIC …
ROASTED TOMATO PESTO PASTA - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
PASTA ALLA NORMA WITH ROASTED EGGPLANT & TOMATOES
EASY ROASTED TOMATO & SAUSAGE PASTA | THE BEST ITALIAN DINNER …
PASTA WITH BAKED CHERRY TOMATOES - LIDIA
ROASTED TOMATO CAPRESE PASTA - CIAO CHOW BAMBINA
PICI PASTA WITH ROASTED GARLIC AND TOMATOES | FOOD & WINE
CREAMY PASTA WITH ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES - ELECTRIC BLUE FOOD
SPAGHETTINI WITH ROASTED TOMATOES, FRESH BASIL, AND TOASTED GARLIC ...
PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND FIRE ROASTED TOMATOES - KIM'S CRAVINGS
PASTA WITH ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES AND GARLIC - MOM'S DINNER
BEST ROASTED TOMATOES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ROASTED TOMATOES
CREAMY ROASTED TOMATO RICOTTA PASTA WITH CRISPY PROSCIUTTO.
ROASTED TOMATO PASTA WITH BURRATA • THE HEIRLOOM PANTRY
PASTA WITH OVEN ROASTED TOMATOES AND GARLIC
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook tomato pasta in the oven?Preheat oven to 450°. In a bowl, toss tomatoes and garlic cloves with oil; transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 14-16 minutes or until very soft. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Cool tomato mixture slightly. Reserve 12 tomatoes for serving with pasta. Transfer remaining tomato mixture to a food processor.
How to roast Tomatoes in the oven?Drizzle with some EVOO and season with some salt and pepper. Transfer cookie sheet to the oven and roast tomatoes for 8-10 minutes or until the tomatoes start to burst. Remove from the oven, discard the garlic cloves and transfer roasted tomatoes to a large serving bowl.
How to cook zucchini and tomatoes for pasta?Directions. On rimmed baking sheet, toss zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic with 5 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread into single layer; roast until zucchini is lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. 2. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
How do you cook cherry tomatoes for pasta?For the cherry tomato pasta: Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. Once the roasted cherry tomatoes come out of the oven, place the cooked pasta in a large bowl. Pour the cherry tomatoes and juices over the top.