PATATAS BRAVAS RECIPE
- Peel the potatoes, rinse thoroughly, and dry with a paper towel.
- Cut the potatoes into bite-size chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and adjust the heat to the lowest setting, allowing them to pre-cook for a few minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and let them cool in the fridge for a few more minutes.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the potatoes back into the pan.
- Fry until crispy and golden.
- Transfer the potatoes to a plate lined with paper towels to cool, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- To serve, drizzle the bravas sauce over the potatoes.
- Dig in-no forks necessary!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202.3 kcal, Carbohydrate 38.86 g, Protein 4.71 g, Fat 3.75 g, SaturatedFat 0.54 g, Sodium 246 mg, Fiber 5.14 g, Sugar 2.96 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SPANISH PATATAS BRAVAS RECIPE (SPANISH FRIED POTATOES WITH SPICY SAUCE)
Patatas Bravas are one of the most famous Spanish Tapas Food and on the menu of every Spanish Tapas Bar.
Provided by Tim Kroeger
Categories Spanish Tapas
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small, bite-size chunks. Afterward, soak them for around 15 minutes in hot water. Preheat the oven to 220°C or 450 degrees F.
- Take the potatoes out of the water and dry them thoroughly.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and fresh, chopped garlic.
- Put everything for around 25 minutes in the oven until the potatoes are cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve the potatoes with home-made patatas bravas sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 389 calories, Carbohydrate 75 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 0 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 7 grams fat, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 332 grams sodium, Sugar 4 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams unsaturated fat
PATATAS BRAVAS - POTATOES FOR THE BRAVE, SPANISH STYLE!
There are many recipes for this famous Spanish tapas dish - this recipe was given to me by a Spanish friend from Madrid, and is the only recipe I use now..........I like the fact that the potatoes are baked in the oven, making it easier to prepare & socialise with a glass of Sangria or two! In Spain, Patatas Bravas is often served with mayonnaise or alioli - however you choose to serve it, this is a "must" for your Tapas table!
Provided by French Tart
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- (Serves 10-12 with other dishes).
- Prepare ahead by heating the oil in a pan, add the onion and fry for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato purée, two types of paprika, chilli powder, sugar and salt and bring to the boil, stirring. Simmer for 10 minutes until pulpy. Set aside for up to 24 hours.
- To serve, preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan oven 180°C Cut the potatoes into small cubes and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Spread over a roasting tin and toss in the oil, then season. Roast for 40-50 minutes, until the potatoes are crisp and golden.
- Tip the potatoes into dishes and spoon over the reheated sauce.
- Sprinkle with the parsley. Serve with cocktail sticks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145.9, Fat 7.1, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 18.5, Carbohydrate 19.4, Fiber 3, Sugar 2.5, Protein 2.4
PATATAS BRAVAS - BRAVE SPANISH POTATOES
This recipe was published in the Toronto Star. The potatoes are adapted from Simone and Ines Ortega's 1080 Recipes and the aioli is from Gourmet. This dish is served in restaurants near Barcelona either as a side dish or as part of tapas. This recipe calls for chili but you could substitute ancho or chipotle powder. NOTE: the aioli has raw eggs. You could just mix the garlic and lemon juice with mayonnaise if you prefer.
Provided by Dreamer in Ontario
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In mortar using pestle, or on cutting board with knife, mince and mash garlic to a paste with a pinch of salt.
- Whisk together yolk, lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl.
- Combine 2 oils and dribble it into yolk mixture a little at a time, whisking constantly until emulsified. (If aioli separates, stop adding oil and whisk until it comes back together, then resume adding oil.).
- Whisk in garlic paste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
- Bring large pan of salted water to boil over high heat.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender (about 20 to 25 minutes).
- Drain and cool.
- Peel cooled potatoes and slice into rounds.
- Transfer to serving plate.
- In bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, paprika, garlic and chili powder.
- Drizzle paprika sauce and aioli over potatoes.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for another use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 609.1, Fat 32.1, SaturatedFat 4.6, Cholesterol 52.5, Sodium 31.1, Carbohydrate 75.5, Fiber 7, Sugar 3.4, Protein 7.8
Make this classic tapas dish part of your cooking repertoire - it's simply potatoes in a spicy tomato sauce.
Provided by Mary Cadogan
Categories Buffet, Main course, Snack
Yield Serves 10-12 as a side
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for about 5 mins until softened. Add the garlic, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, sweet paprika, chilli powder, sugar and a pinch of salt, then bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Lower to a simmer and cook for 10 mins until pulpy. Can be kept chilled for up to 24 hrs.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pat the potatoes dry with kitchen paper, then tip into a roasting tin and toss in the olive oil and some seasoning. Roast for 40-50 mins until crisp and golden. Tip the potatoes into serving dishes and spoon over the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with some fresh parsley to serve.
More about "patatas bravas brave spanish potatoes recipes"
PATATAS BRAVS (SPANISH ROASTED POTATOES) RECIPE - SIMPLY …
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCuisine SpanishCalories 437 per serving
SPANISH PATATAS BRAVAS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SPANISH ¨DIVORCED¨ PATATAS BRAVAS | SPANISH BRAVE POTATOES RECIPE …
22 EASY SPANISH APPETIZER RECIPES - MSN.COM
ULTIMATE PATATAS BRAVAS | ASDA GOOD LIVING
TOP 45 PATATAS BRAVAS SAUCE RECIPE RECIPES
SPICY SPANISH POTATOES (PATATAS BRAVAS) RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
TOP 47 SPANISH PATATAS BRAVAS RECIPE RECIPES
SPICY PATATAS BRAVAS – SUPER EASY SPANISH TAPAS RECIPE
THE ULTIMATE PATATAS BRAVAS | POTATOES WITH SPICY SAUCE
SPANISH ¨DIVORCED¨ PATATAS BRAVAS | SPANISH BRAVE POTATOES
TOP 45 SPANISH PATATAS BRAVAS RECIPE RECIPES
TOP 43 SPANISH PATATAS BRAVAS RECIPE RECIPES
AUTHENTIC SPANISH PATATAS BRAVAS RECIPE | SIDECHEF
BRAVE POTATOES - PATATAS BRAVAS - SPANISH TAPAS RECIPE
EASY PATATAS BRAVAS – SPANISH FRIED POTATOES TAPAS
THE FRIED SPANISH POTATO DISH YOU SHOULD TRY AT LEAST ONCE
PATATAS BRAVAS (SPANISH FRIED POTATOES) - RECIPES FROM EUROPE
TOP 48 PATATAS BRAVAS RECIPE SPAIN RECIPES
SPANISH ¨DIVORCED¨ PATATAS BRAVAS | SPANISH BRAVE POTATOES
TOP 42 PATATAS BRAVAS SAUCE RECIPE MAYONNAISE RECIPES
EVERYWHERE JOSé ANDRéS EATS IN SPAIN ON HIS NEW TRAVEL SHOW
"BRAVE" POTATOES — SPANISH TAPA RECIPE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love