GREEN PEAS SUPREME
Canadian bacon and pearl onions are tasty additions to this simple stovetop side dish made with convenient frozen peas. "I always get requests for second helpings," reports Marlene Muchenhirn from Delano, Minnesota.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, cook bacon in butter until lightly browned. Add the peas, onions, water, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes; drain.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 109 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 482mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
PEA RECIPES: 17 EASY DELICIOUS IDEAS
What can I do with lots of peas? These 15 delicious pea recipes are absolutely perfect to turn fresh or frozen peas into vibrant, healthy and convenient meals for the entire family like this quick pasta with peas.
Provided by Katia
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Warm the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until the onion has softened and is turning translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and cook stirring frequently about 1 minute.
- Then add vegetable broth (or water), raise the heat, bring to a boil and stir in pasta and salt (I use 1 tsp of salt and then I adjust the seasoning at the end). You might need to add or to reduce the amount of water according to the type of pasta.
- Cover with a lid, reduce the heat and cook your pasta in the starchy water. During the cooking time, you need to stir often until the water is absorbed, otherwise, it will stick to the bottom. The water should barely cover the pasta, but it's fine, add extra water gradually only if needed.
- Cook until ready but firm to the bite. Turn off the heat and stir in freshly grated parmesan cheese until melted. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of olive oil, black pepper, and extra parmesan cheese if you like. Enjoy!
BEST PEAS RECIPE
This peas recipe takes just 5 minutes! Cooking frozen peas with garlic and lemon makes them taste incredible. It's an easy side dish that everyone loves!
Provided by Sonja Overhiser
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Rinse the peas under warm water and shake off excess liquid.
- Smash and peel the garlic cloves.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the smashed garlic and frozen peas and cook for 2 minutes until warmed through but still bright green.
- Season with the kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and lemon zest. Discard the garlic cloves and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 107 calories, Sugar 3.4 g, Sodium 95.2 mg, Fat 6.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, TransFat 0.1 g, Carbohydrate 9.1 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3.5 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg
This recipe is so special I only served it for holidays or special occasions, and then I realized any day is special. This can be made ahead and kept warm in a 250 degree F (120 degree C) oven.
Provided by BOJIBLUE
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Green Peas
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pour peas in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until peas are hot and tender, 5 to 7 minutes; drain.
- Cook and stir bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the fat renders and the bacon is crisp, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir onion into the bacon dripping; cook and stir with the bacon until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour cream over the bacon mixture; cook and stir until the cream thickens, about 5 minutes. Season thickened cream with monosodium glutamate, salt, and pepper. Pour sherry into the thickened cream. Add drained peas and mushrooms to the skillet; gently stir to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.5 calories, Carbohydrate 13.6 g, Cholesterol 61.1 mg, Fat 17.6 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 7.7 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 273.9 mg, Sugar 5 g
Enjoy this creamy chicken supreme with mashed potato and steamed green veggies. It makes an easy midweek meal for two
Provided by Esther Clark
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat half the oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and fry for 10-15 mins or until golden brown and caramelised. Add the bacon, turn up the heat and cook for 5 mins or until golden brown. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and butter in the same pan over a medium-high heat. Season the chicken skin and fry, skin-side down, for 8-10 mins or until deep golden brown and crisp. Flip over and fry for 5 mins on the other side.
- Add the onion and bacon mixture back to the pan. Stir through the flour and cook for 2 mins. Pour in the wine, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir through the cream and mustard and simmer over a low heat, uncovered, for 5 mins with the chicken skin-side up. Season to taste. Scatter with parsley, if you like, and serve with mashed potatoes and greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 767 calories, Fat 64 grams fat, SaturatedFat 32 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 7 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 37 grams protein, Sodium 1.37 milligram of sodium
SCALLOPED POTATOES SUPREME
Serve a supreme side in a little over 30 minutes by adding veggies and real cream to box potatoes.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Stir Sauce Mix, boiling water, half-and-half, margarine and red pepper with whisk in 2-quart casserole. Stir in Potatoes and green beans.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with paprika.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 400 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "peas supreme recipes"
GARLIC BUTTER SUGAR SNAP PEAS RECIPE - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
EASY PEA RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
VEGETARIAN CRUNCHWRAP SUPREME - CARVE YOUR CRAVING
JACQUES PéPIN’S SUPRêME OF CHICKEN WITH BALSAMIC ... - MASTERCOOK
HAMBURGER HASH SUPREME - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
28 FUN AND SEASONAL RECIPES FOR FRESH PEAS | MYRECIPES
16 SPRING PEA RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
PEA RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
PEAS SUPREME - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
10 BEST NACHOS SUPREME GROUND BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPRING PEA PUREE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
20 FROZEN PEA RECIPES | WHAT TO MAKE WITH FROZEN PEAS
SAUTEED SUGAR SNAP PEAS RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
RECIPES USING ENGLISH PEAS - THE SPRUCE EATS
GARLIC SNOW PEAS WITH MUSHROOMS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
PORK CHOP SUPREME - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
SOUTHERN-STYLE BLACK EYED PEAS RECIPE - DIVAS CAN COOK
PEAS AND THANK YOU: 10 SWEET PEA RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
10 DELICIOUS BLACK-EYED PEAS RECIPES - FOOD FIDELITY
COOK SUPREME RECIPE INDEX - LOTRO-WIKI.COM
THE BEST NACHOS SUPREME RECIPE - EASY APPETIZERS
21 SUGAR SNAP PEAS RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
5 MINUTE SUGAR SNAP PEAS - CAFE DELITES
RECIPES - BEAN SUPREME
30+ EASY RECIPES WITH BLACK-EYED PEAS | MYRECIPES
10 THINGS TO DO WITH FROZEN PEAS - BON APPéTIT
SUPER EASY GREEN PEAS WITH MINT RECIPE - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
GET SWEET ON FRESH SPRING PEAS WITH THESE RECIPES - MARTHA STEWART
SOUTHERN BLACK-EYED PEAS RECIPE - CHEF LOLA'S KITCHEN
PEAS WITH LEMON (5 MINUTE SIDE DISH!) – A COUPLE COOKS
HOW TO MAKE A PEA PURéE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
PEA PURéE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CREAMED PEAS (FRESH OR FROZEN) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SOUTHERN STYLE LADY CREAM PEAS - DEEP SOUTH DISH
BAKED BEANS SUPREME | ENCHARTED COOK
CHICKEN MEAL, PEA & CARROT RECIPE DOG BISCUITS | SUPREME SOURCE
PEA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY FRESH SOUTHERN FIELD PEAS | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
EPIC BEEF NACHO SUPREME - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
ASIAN BEEF WITH SUGAR SNAP PEAS - THE CHUNKY CHEF
PEA PUREE (SIDE / SAUCE!) | RECIPETIN EATS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love