Pelmeni are traditional Russian meat-filled dumplings. Making pelmeni is favorite family pastime in the long winter months. These dumplings are a common convenience food - big batches can be frozen and quickly boiled or fried on demand.
Provided by Volnushka
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine egg, vegetable oil, and salt in a measuring cup; add enough water to fill to 1 cup. Pour into a bowl, add 3 cups flour, and knead into a smooth, elastic dough. Cover with a kitchen towel and rest for 30 minutes.
- Dust a baking sheet lightly with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Combine ground beef, onion, water, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix filling thoroughly by hand or using a fork.
- Roll out a portion of the dough very thinly on a lightly floured surface and cut out 2 1/2-inch rounds with a cookie cutter or a wine glass. Keep the rest of the dough covered with a towel to avoid drying out. Place 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of filling on one side of the dough circle. Fold dough over and seal the edges using fingers, forming a crescent. Join the ends and pinch them together. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Freeze pelmeni for 30 minutes to prevent them from sticking together.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a simmer and drop small batches of frozen pelmeni into simmering water. Cook and stir until the meat is cooked and pelmeni float to the top, about 5 minutes. Continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes. Transfer to serving plates using a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212.2 calories, Carbohydrate 25 g, Cholesterol 41 mg, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 10.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 800 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
PELMENI (RUSSIAN RAVIOLI)
This can be served as a main dish, as a pasta side, or as a soup in the broth you boil them in. Recipe & Photo: allrussianfoods.com
Provided by Ellen Bales
Categories Pasta Sides
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1. Finely dice the onions.
- 2. Mix raw meat, onions, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- 3. Blend all the dough ingredients together and roll out.
- 4. Use a 3-3/8 inch diameter dough press (or dumpling maker) to cut out rounds of dough.
- 5. Fill with 1 Tbsp. of filling and seal shut.
- 6. Lay out on a tray (making sure they are not touching); separate layers with wax paper, and freeze.
- 7. Once frozen, they will keep in the freezer for several weeks.
- 8. When ready to make, drop directly into boiling water or broth and cook until they float (about 5 minutes). A little vegetable oil can be added to keep them from sticking together.
PELMENI (RUSSIAN RAVIOLI)
These can be served as a soup in the broth you boil them in or drained out and served alone. If serving as a soup, tossing in a little fresh dill and a dollop of sour cream is highly recommended.
Provided by Erin K. Brown
Yield 100 each, 25-30 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Finely dice the onions.
- Mix raw hamburger, onions, salt, and pepper together.
- Blend all the dough ingredients together and roll out.
- Use a 3-3/8" diameter dough press (or dumpling maker) to cut out rounds of dough.
- Fill with ~1 tbsp of filling and seal shut.
- Lay out on a tray (making sure they are not touching), separate layers with wax paper and freeze.
- Once frozen, they will keep in the freezer for several weeks.
- When ready to make, drop directly into boiling water or broth and cook until they float (~5 minutes). A little vegetable oil can be added to keep them from sticking together.
PELMENI (SIBERIAN RAVIOLI)
This is Russian comfort food. I ate it quite a lot when I was studying in Moscow in the early 1980s. I ate them when I went to friends' flats for dinner, or in one of the numerous Pelmeni Bars. Traditionally they are frozen before you eat them as this changes the consistency. Serve them with either melted butter or sour cream.
Provided by wizkid
Yield 65 pelmeni
Number Of Ingredients 9
- To make the dough.
- Place the flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- With the motor running add the egg and as much water as necessary for a dough that is just beginning form a ball.
- Remove the dough and place on a floured surface.
- Form into a ball, then flatten, wrap in cling film and chill for about 30 minutes.
- To make the filling.
- Mix the other ingredients together in a bowl.
- When the dough is ready, roll out to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut out 3 inch rounds with a biscuit cutter or a lid.
- Put a scant teaspoon of the filling onto each 3 inch shape.
- Fold over and seal the edges with a fork.
- Wet both ends of the pelmeni and bring them round and pinch together to the shape of an Italian tortelli.
- Place on a baking tray, covered with a clean tea towel.
- Put in the freezer and freeze overnight (they can be kept for up to 3 months).
- To cook the pelmeni, bring 3 1/2 pts of water to the boil.
- Drop in the pelmeni by the dozen.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until they rise to the surface.
- Serve with melted butter or soured cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 32.3, Fat 1.5, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 7.8, Sodium 41.2, Carbohydrate 2.9, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 1.7
SIBERIAN PELMENI (RUSSIAN RAVIOLI)
- Prepare dough as directed.
- Heat tablespoon of butter in small skillet, add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until wilted and scrape into mixing bowl.
- Add ground beef and veal, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce. Blend well by hand.
- Roll out dough and fill in desired fashion into 48 or more pelmeni.
- Drop pelmeni into rapidly boiling water and cook to desired degree of doneness, 5 minutes or longer.
- Serve pelmeni in soup bowls with hot consomme, or serve with melted butter with sour cream, mustard and vinegar on the side. The usual serving of pelmeni as a main course is 12 to 16.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 21, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 1 gram, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 40 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "pelmeni siberian ravioli recipes"
PELMENI - TRADITIONAL AND AUTHENTIC RUSSIAN RECIPE | 196 ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- In a large saucepan over a high heat, bring a large amount of water to a boil. Add salt, oil, bay leaves and a few black peppercorns.
RUSSIAN PELMENI: A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE (AND RECIPE) | THAT ...
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 3 hrs 10 minsServings 110
- 2. Add cold water to eggs and oil so that the total weight is 300g (2 eggs should take up approximately 100g + 10g for oil).
RUSSIAN STYLE RAVIOLI (PELMENI) - VERONIKA'S KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Calories 555 per servingCategory Dinner, Main Course
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together an egg, milk, water, salt, and sugar. Add half of the all-purpose flour and using a spatula, fold it in. Then add the rest of the flour and mix.
- Transfer the dough to a counter and knead for about 7-10minutes, until the dough is soft and elastic. Wrap it with a plastic wrap and let it rest on the counter for about 40-50 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl, add ground pork, ground beef, grated onion, salt and pepper. Using a spatula or your hands, mix everything until evenly combined.
- When the dough is ready, knead it again until it’s soft and elastic, adding some more flour. Cut a piece of the dough (about an apple size) and roll it evenly until about ¼-inch thin.
RUSSIAN PELMENI (RAVIOLI) | MYDELICIOUSMEALS.COM
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
PELMENI - WIKIPEDIA
Main ingredients DoughType DumplingPlace of origin Russia ( Ural and Siberia)
RUSSIAN MEAT DUMPLINGS (PELJMENI) RECIPE
4.1/5 (95)Total Time 3 hrs 10 minsCategory Appetizer, Dinner, Entree, PastaCalories 336 per serving
RUSSIAN PELMENI (MEAT DUMPLINGS) - MOMSDISH
4.8/5 Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 279 per serving
- Sift the flour with salt into a mixing bowl. Add eggs, mix the dough for a short bit, then add water to the dough.
- To save time use a mold to make Pelmeni. Roll out a flat piece of dough and place it on a floured mold that’s covered with flour. Fill each hole with meat.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add Pelmeni. You'll know they're ready once you see them float to the top. Take Pelmeni out using a strainer. Drizzle them with butter and serve with a side of sour cream.
RUSSIAN CHICKEN PELMENI RECIPE - NATASHA'S KITCHEN
4.9/5 (10)Category Medium/ EasyCuisine $5-$6Total Time 3 hrs 10 mins
- Using the whisk attachment on medium speed, beat together: 2/3 cup buttermilk, 1 Tbsp of sour cream, 2 cups warm water, 2 eggs and 1/2 Tbsp salt until well blended.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a medium skillet over med/high heat. Add chopped onion and saute until golden and soft (4-5 min) Add garlic and saute another minute then remove from heat.
- Cut off about tennis-ball-size chunks of dough, place over a smooth, lightly floured surface and roll out into a circle that is wider than your mold. .
- Shape a portion of the dough into a 1 to 2 -inch thick log. Cut off 1 piece at a time (about gum ball sized) and roll into disks to form a 1.5-inch circle with rolling pin. Sprinkle rolling pin and surface with flour if needed.
HOW TO MAKE MEAT-FILLED PELMENI - TATYANAS EVERYDAY FOOD
Reviews 8Calories 818 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch
- To make dough, whisk together eggs, water and salt in large bowl. Add flour gradually, mixing first with spoon, and then using your hands. Dough needs to have a medium firmness -- knead dough on well flour surface for 4 to 5 minutes until dough is uniform and elastic. Divide dough in half and keep covered and let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out on floured work surface into large rectangle, to about the thickness of pasta sheets. Use 1 1/2 inch round cookie cutter and cut as many circles as possible. Place 1½ teaspoons of filling onto each circle. Flour hands well and shape ravioli by pinching together the seams, forming a semi-circle then bringing the two edges together. Place prepared ravioli onto flour pan until ready to cook. Can recombine scraps of dough and roll out again.
- To cook ravioli, heat a large pot of well salted water to boiling. Cook ravioli in small batches for about 8 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon into bowl. Combine ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and toss with ravioli. Serve immediately.
RUSSIAN RAVIOLI MAKER DUMPLINGS MOLD - PELMENI MAKER ...
4/5 (30)Color SilverBrand MHHItem Weight 431 g
POPKOFF’S PELMENI WITH CREAMY GARLIC CHEESE SAUCE #RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
PELMENI, SIBERIAN MEAT DUMPLINGS | FOOD PERESTROIKA
Reviews 10Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
SIBERIAN PELMENI - RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS - BBC GOOD FOOD
5/5 (1)Servings 4Cuisine Eastern EuropeanTotal Time 2 hrs 30 mins
PELMENI - OLGA'S FLAVOR FACTORY
PELMENI SIBERIAN RAVIOLI RECIPES
TURKEY PELMENI SIBERIAN RAVIOLI USING A PELMENITSA ...
HOMEMADE TRADITIONAL RUSSIAN PELMENI (MEAT DUMPLINGS ...
PELMENI RUSSIAN RAVIOLI RECIPES
PELMENI (RUSSIAN DUMPLINGS) - PETER'S FOOD ADVENTURES
HOW TO COOK - PELMENI (SIBERIAN RAVIOLI) - YOUTUBE
PELMENI USING A MOLD - PETER'S FOOD ADVENTURES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Russian pelmeni recipe?Russian pelmeni recipe might remind you of Chinese dumplings and Italian ravioli as they are, too, made of ground meat wrapped in unleavened dough and boiled. The best pelmeni are homemade, but nobody’s got time for that. Mostly, people make pelmeni at home for big celebrations like New Year. Otherwise, we get a pack at the grocery store.
What is Russian style ravioli?Russian Style Ravioli (Pelmeni) is a traditional Russian dish that is served on most of the holidays, especially New Year. Ingredients. Ingredients for the dough: Ingredients for the Filling: Instructions. In a deep bowl put 4 cups of flour, add salt and sugar, then add an egg. Stir it very well together.
What are Russian pelmeni molds?In Russian, the pelmeni mold is called a “pelmenitsa”. To make the process easier, you can snag one for yourself on Amazon. You’ll be amazed at how much it streamlines the process! Have you ever tried Georgian dumplings? They’re like Russian pelmeni, but with a twist! What are Russian Pelmeni?
How to cook pelmeni for pasta?Add ground beef and veal, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce. Blend well by hand. Roll out dough and fill in desired fashion into 48 or more pelmeni. Drop pelmeni into rapidly boiling water and cook to desired degree of doneness, 5 minutes or longer.