MELT - IN - YOUR - MOUTH SHORTBREAD
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Whip butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, cornstarch, and flour. Beat on low for one minute, then on high for 3 to 4 minutes. Drop cookies by spoonfuls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Watch that the edges don't brown too much. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111.1 calories, Carbohydrate 9.7 g, Cholesterol 20.3 mg, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 54.8 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
SKILLET GARLIC FLATBREAD
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; add butter and crush into the flour mixture with hands until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix hot water and garlic into the flour mixture until it all comes together into a dough; turn out onto a cutting board dusted with flour. Knead dough 3 or 4 times. Cut dough into 10 pieces, roll into balls, and flatten into discs.
- Cover dough with a clean kitchen towel and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over-medium high heat.
- Roll out one of the dough discs to about the size of your skillet. Cook in hot skillet until golden and puffy, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove to a platter and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining dough portions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156 calories, Carbohydrate 24.3 g, Cholesterol 12.2 mg, Fat 4.9 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 315.5 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
FABULOUS HOMEMADE BREAD
Best Homemade Bread - 6 loaves in less than 3 hours! This is a variation of my mother Elaine's recipe. She is 75, and still makes hers by hand. I cheat and use a Bosch mixer, that's my time saver.
Provided by J Drury
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In the mixing bowl of an electric mixer, stir together 1/2 cup warm water, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/4 cup bread flour, and yeast. Let grow for about 5 minutes. It will bubble almost immediately.
- Measure oats, 4 1/2 cups warm water, whole wheat flour, salt, 2/3 cup sugar, and 2/3 cup oil into the mixing bowl. Mix on low speed with a dough hook for 1 to 2 minutes. Increase speed slightly, and begin adding bread flour 1/2 to 1 cup at a time until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Humidity determines how much flour you need before the bread pulls away from the edge of the bowl. It is normal for the dough to be sticky.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl, and turn to coat the surface. Cover with a damp cloth. Let rise in a warm spot for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces. Shape loaves, and place in greased 8 x 4 inch pans. Let rise until dough is 1 inch above rim of pans, usually 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C) for 35 minutes, or until tops are browned. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 44.5 calories, Carbohydrate 5.5 g, Fat 2.3 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 146.2 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
PERFECT (AND EASY!) SHORTBREAD
This is from the back of the Canada Cornstarch box - I've been making it for years. Four ingredients, and it comes out tasting and looking perfect each time. For fun I like to add coloured sugar sprinkles for the holidays! (P.S. I learned how to bake with this recipe, so that tells you how easy it is!)
Provided by netselkie
Yield 24 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Sift together the cornstarch, icing (powdered) sugar and flour.
- Blend in butter until a soft smooth dough forms.
- Shape into 1" balls and chill 30 -60 minutes.
- Place 1 1/2" apart on a cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a floured fork. (omit if throwing sprinkles on, and/or don't like fork flattened shortbread - I don't and it still comes out just fine)
- Bake 300' for 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool. Watch that they don't brown, you want to pull them out while they still look a smidge underdone - the idea is that they do not brown on the bottom.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80, Fat 5.8, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 15.2, Sodium 41.2, Carbohydrate 6.4, Fiber 0.2, Protein 0.6
Bake Ina Garten's chocolate-dipped Shortbread Cookies for the perfect bite with tea, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 20 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the butter and 1 cup of sugar until they are just combined. Add the vanilla. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt, then add them to the butter-and-sugar mixture. Mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together. Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough 1/2-inch thick and cut with a 3 by 1-inch finger-shaped cutter. Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- When the cookies are cool, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put 3 ounces of the chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave on high power for 30 seconds. (Don't trust your microwave timer; time it with your watch.) Stir with a wooden spoon. Continue to heat and stir in 30-second increments until the chocolate is just melted. Add the remaining chocolate and allow it to sit at room temperature, stirring often, until it's completely smooth. Stir vigorously until the chocolate is smooth and slightly cooled; stirring makes it glossier.
- Drizzle 1/2 of each cookie with just enough chocolate to coat it.
This is a compilation of several Shortbread recipes I have from British cookbooks. I have been to England three times and REAL shortbread is a favorite. It should use real butter and not be TOO sweet.
Provided by Norita Solt
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof (parchment) paper. Sift the flour and rice flour into a medium mixing bowl. Add the sugar and mix.
- Cut butter into pieces and rub into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture begins to bind together. Knead into soft dough.
- Roll the dough into an 8 inch round (or for exact round, mold it in an 8 inch cake pan). Place on baking sheet. Using a fork, prick top and make tine marks along edge. Using a table knife, score top with wedge marks. (This is where it will break when cooled)
- Bake 45 minutes or until pale golden in color. Sprinkle a little superfine sugar over top and cool on baking sheet. Cut into wedges. Keeps for weeks in airtight tin.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275.8 calories, Carbohydrate 31.3 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Fat 15.7 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.8 g, Sodium 2.5 mg, Sugar 8.4 g
Can a cookie that's so tender, so buttery and so delicate really only be 3 ingredients? Yes, it can! This iconic shortbread recipe is as simple as mixing butter, flour and sugar together to create a dough that's not too sweet but oh-so delicious. And, since this shortbread can be made in under an hour, you can have tasty treats for tea parties, birthdays, showers and any occasion in between. Possibly the best part about this recipe is that it's up to you to get creative-keep it simple with classic shortbread or try dipping your finished cookie in melty chocolate for a showstopping finish. But that's not all-you can mix in crushed toffee, chopped dried fruit and nuts for a twist on this timeless favorite.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir butter and 4 tablespoons of the sugar until well mixed. Stir in flour. (If dough is crumbly, mix in 1 to 2 tablespoons more softened butter.)
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface until 1/2 inch thick; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Cut into small shapes with knife or use cookie cutters. On ungreased cookie sheets, place shapes 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100, Carbohydrate 11 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Cookie, Sodium 45 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "perfectandeasyshortbread recipes"
THE BEST EASY SHORTBREAD RECIPE - IT'S ALWAYS AUTUMN
Reviews 4Category DessertServings 20Total Time 35 mins
- Beat in half the flour. Beat the remaining flour JUST until mixture comes together - it will still be quite crumbly.
- Turn dough into greased 9 inch springform pan. Gently press in a pan, using small glass to roll top smooth. Decorate as desired.
MARY'S PERFECT SHORTBREAD | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
Servings 8Total Time 55 minsEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
EASY CHRISTMAS COOKIES | ALLRECIPES
Author Noel ChristmasEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
SUPER EASY SHORTBREAD 3 INGREDIENTS RECIPE GENIUS KITCHEN ...
PERFECT (AND EASY!) SHORTBREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE ...
PERFECT AND EASY SHORTBREAD RECIPES
SHORTBREAD COOKIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHRISTMAS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SHORTBREAD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
FLEISCHMANNS CORNSTARCH SHORTBREAD RECIPES
PERFECT AND EASY!) SHORTBREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM ...
SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - PREPPY KITCHEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you Make Perfect Perfect shortbread?Perfect shortbread. Line a 15cm cake or tart tin with baking parchment, and pat, or lightly roll, the dough into a shape slightly smaller than the tin. Alternatively pat out to 1cm thickness and cut into biscuits and put on a lined baking tray. Put in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes until firm.
Where did the original shortbread stars recipe come from?The original recipe (called Shortbread Stars) came from my McCall's recipe box collection, which I subscribed to in the 80's. It was the first shortbread recipe I ever made, and I've never found a better one. The ingredients are so basic and easy that you'll soon have them memorized.
How do you make Scottish shortbread cookies at home?Place about an inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and prick with a fork to get that signature Scottish shortbread cookie design. After shaping the cookies, don’t rush to the oven! Instead, chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so (overnight is OK, too).
What are the ingredients in shortbread?According to the Orcadian folklorist and food writer F Marian McNeill, who published The Scots Kitchen in 1929, classic shortbread contains just three ingredients, flour ("dried and sieved"), butter (" squeezed free of all water ") and sugar ("fine caster").