PESTO CHICKEN RECIPE WITH VEGETABLES
One-pan chicken pesto and vegetables makes the perfect weeknight meal in 20 minutes! I recommend homemade pesto for this recipe, but you can totally use store-bought pesto for a shortcut if you need to.
Provided by Suzy Karadsheh
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Pat chicken breast cutlets dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides. (Boneless skinless chicken breasts can be used, simply cut them in half horizontally so that you have thinner pieces. Watch the video to see how I do this).
- In large cast iron skillet, heat a little bit of extra virgin olive oil (about 2 tbsp) until shimmering but not smoking in a cast iron skillet. Add chicken to the heated skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, turning over once. Remove from the skillet and set aside for now.
- If needed, add a little bit more extra virgin olive oil to the skillet. Add zucchini, bell peppers, onion, and grape tomatoes. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes or so, tossing occasionally, until the veggies have softened.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, mix together the basil pesto and cream.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet. Pour the pesto and cream mixture in. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for a minute or so.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add lemon juice and lemon zest. Add pine nuts and fresh basil for garnish. Serve hot with your favorite grain or plain orzo pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 245.8 kcal, Carbohydrate 4.6 g, Protein 25.7 g, Fat 13.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Cholesterol 91.8 mg, Sodium 269.2 mg, Fiber 1.1 g, Sugar 2.5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PESTO MARINATED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES
Ricardo - totally copied his recipe - sometimes you have to juggle things a bit! Cooking time includes marinating time.
Provided by keeney
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a glass baking dish combine pesto and lime juice. Add the chicken and coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes, potato and onions with 2 T olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are al dente, about 20 minute Keep warm.
- In a skillet, brown the chicken on each side in the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the baking sheet beside the vegetables, and bake until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine all the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken and serve with the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and basil leaves and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 594, Fat 33.9, SaturatedFat 4.2, Cholesterol 75.5, Sodium 2298.5, Carbohydrate 40.6, Fiber 10.9, Sugar 8.1, Protein 36.6
MARINATED PESTO CHICKEN
A friend of mine brought this recipe back from her travels to the Mediterranean. She actually cooks the chicken on a barbecue. She roasts the vegetables while the chicken in marinating if she hasn't marinated the chicken overnight. The chicken in cooked on the cooler part of the barbecue.
Provided by Chrissyo
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the basil, garlic, Parmesan, toasted pine nuts and lemon juice in a food processor and process until combined.
- Gradually add the olive oil, with the processor still running, and process until smooth.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the pesto.
- Coat the chicken fillets with the remaining pesto and marinate for at least 1 hour, or overnight if time permits.
- Place the chicken on a tray and cook under a medium grill (broil) for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked, brushing with any remaining marinade during the cooking.
- Serve with roasted vegetables, (such as eggplant, capsicum, red onion) and the reserved pesto.
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ Gas 6/fan oven 180C. Spread the potatoes, courgette, onion, pepper and tomatoes in a shallow roasting tin and scatter over the olives. Season with salt and coarsely ground black pepper.
- Slash the flesh of each chicken breast 3-4 times using a sharp knife, then lay the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Mix the olive oil and pesto together until well blended and spoon evenly over the chicken. Cover the tin with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the tin. Return to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes until the vegetables are juicy and look tempting to eat and the chicken is cooked through (the juices should run clear when pierced with a skewer).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 568 calories, Fat 29 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 37 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 42 grams protein, Sodium 2.16 milligram of sodium
GRILLED PESTO-MARINATED CHICKEN
- Mix together pesto, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, pepper, and salt in a 1-gallon resealable freezer bag. Add chicken, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook chicken on the preheated grill over indirect heat until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 6 to 8 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.2 calories, Carbohydrate 5.5 g, Cholesterol 83.7 mg, Fat 25 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 33.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 772.6 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
ROAST CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
An easy-to-prepare one-dish recipe. A combination of blue ribbon recipes I've found all over the internet and fused together. Feel free to substitute a bit here and there to make it your own.
Provided by Chonchos
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees F (196 degrees C).
- Pour olive oil into a large bowl; toss potatoes, carrots, bite-size pieces of celery, and 3/4 of the sliced onion in the oil to coat. Set remaining onion aside. Transfer oiled vegetables to a large cast iron skillet.
- Rinse chicken and pat thoroughly dry with paper towels. Generously season the chicken, inside and out, with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Place the remaining 1/4 of the sliced onion, 1/4 cup margarine, lemon slices, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, and large pieces of celery into the cavity of the chicken.
- Place the chicken atop the oiled vegetables; scatter remaining 1/4 cup of margarine pieces and 1 2/3 tablespoon minced garlic in small amounts around the vegetables.
- Roast chicken and vegetables in the preheated oven until the skin is browned and crisp, the vegetables are tender, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh reads 165 degrees F (75 degrees C), about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 753.5 calories, Carbohydrate 36.2 g, Cholesterol 145.5 mg, Fat 45.6 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 50.4 g, SaturatedFat 10.5 g, Sodium 413.9 mg, Sugar 6.7 g
PESTO CHICKEN KEBABS WITH ROASTED VEG PASTA
You can sneak a few vegetables that might normally be refused into this scrumptious low fat supper
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Yield Serves 4, plus leftovers for 4
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/ gas 6. Put the vegetables into a large roasting tin. Scatter with the thyme and season. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and roast for 40 mins, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, soak 8 wooden skewers. Put the chicken into a shallow dish, then mix with the lemon juice and pesto.
- Thread the chicken and tomatoes onto the skewers, then put onto a roasting tray. Drizzle with the rest of the olive oil and roast for 20 mins, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through. Boil the pasta. Toss half of the roasted vegetables and pasta together, then serve with the pesto chicken kebabs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 527 calories, Fat 8 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 71 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 12 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 48 grams protein, Sodium 0.46 milligram of sodium
More about "pesto marinated chicken with roasted vegetables recipes"
PESTO ROASTED VEGGIES · EASY FAMILY RECIPES
ALL-PURPOSE PESTO CHICKEN MARINADE - THIS SILLY GIRL'S …
PESTO ROASTED CHICKEN - CULINARY HILL
PESTO-MARINATED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES
5/5 (44)Category Main DishesServings 4Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
- In a glass baking dish, combine the pesto and the lime juice. Add the chicken and coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
PESTO GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE | PESTO MARINADE | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
PESTO MARINATED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES FOOD
SHEET PAN CHICKEN AND VEGGIES • FIVEHEARTHOME
ROASTED VEGETABLES WITH PESTO - FORMER CHEF
EASY PESTO CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES - BUDGET BYTES
PESTO CHICKEN WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES | VIVATOTALHEALTH
PESTO ROAST CHICKEN WITH ROOT VEGETABLES – EIGHTY 20 NUTRITION
PESTO CHICKEN (OVEN BAKED OR GRILLED) - SLENDER KITCHEN
QUICK PESTO ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
ONE PAN PESTO CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
PESTO-MARINATED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES - RECIPES LIST
PESTO CHICKEN MARINADE - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
PESTO CHICKEN WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES - ONE PAN
BROCCOLI PESTO PASTA WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES - SPICES IN MY DNA
CREAMY PESTO CHICKEN (DAIRY-FREE, PALEO, KETO) - THE ROASTED ROOT
PESTO-MARINATED CHICKEN BREASTS, ROASTED VEGETABLES
PESTO MARINATED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES
BASIL PESTO CHICKEN WITH ROASTED VEGGIES - AUTOIMMUNE WELLNESS
PESTO CHICKEN WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES. | DAILY MAIL ONLINE
SHEET PAN PESTO CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES RECIPE
CARROT GREENS PESTO CHICKEN AND ROASTED VEGETABLES
YOGURT-PESTO MARINATED ROAST CHICKEN – KIRSTY'S TABLE
ROAST CHICKEN WITH PESTO AND VEG | TESCO REAL FOOD
BAKED PESTO CHICKEN & ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES
PESTO CHICKEN WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES - HELLO! HOORAY!
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN SKILLET WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER PESTO
ROASTED VEGETABLE AND CHICKEN PESTO PENNE - DAILY DISH RECIPES
PESTO ROASTED VEGETABLES | ITALIAN RECIPES | GOODTO
10 BEST PESTO CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHEET PAN PESTO CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES | NEIGHBORFOOD
PESTO CHICKEN VEGGIE PASTA RECIPE - A WELL-SEASONED KITCHEN®
MARINATED BAKED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES RECIPES - YUMMLY
CHRISTMAS ROASTED SPATCHOCK CHICKEN WITH ROOT VEGGIES + PESTO
PESTO WHOLE CHICKEN - AHEAD OF THYME
ROASTED MARINATED VEGETABLES RECIPE - THIS MAMA COOKS! ON A DIET
#time-to-make #preparation #1-day-or-more
You'll also love