BLUE-RIBBON APPLE PIE
This pie is special to me because I won a blue ribbon for it at the local fair and was able to compete at the state farm show. -Collette Gaugler, Fogelsville, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust even with rim., In a small bowl, mix walnut layer ingredients until blended. Spread onto bottom of crust. Refrigerate while preparing filling., For filling, in a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice and vanilla. In a small bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; add to apple mixture and toss to coat., Pour filling over walnut layer; dot with butter. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Brush top with milk; sprinkle with sugar. Cut slits in crust., Place pie on a baking sheet. Bake 55-65 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 10 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 611 calories, Fat 36g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 31mg cholesterol, Sodium 234mg sodium, Carbohydrate 67g carbohydrate (33g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
BLUE RIBBON APPLE PIE
So named because I won a blue ribbon at the county fair with this recipe. I use recipe #13619 for the double pie crust. However, I especially love it with Recipe #109287. Prep time depends on if you are peeling & slicing the apples by hand or not.
Provided by Marg CaymanDesigns
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Coat apple slices with lemon juice.
- Combine sugar, spices, flour, cornstarch and salt in a large zip-loc bag.
- Add apples and shake bag until thoroughly coated.
- Immediately, put coated apples into prepared pie crust.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust.
- Crimp edges to seal and cut vent holes into crust.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes, reduce temperature to 350°F and continue baking for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
BLUE RIBBON SHEPHERD'S PIE
I got this recipe on a card attached to a wedding gift from a neighbor. It quickly became our favorite comfort food supper. It's easy and just plain GOOD!
Provided by BamaKathy
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover potato cubes with water in saucepan and simmer until tender. Meanwhile, in large skillet, saute hamburger with onion until meat is browned and onion is translucent; drain. Add soup, can of corn, drained, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper to meat mixture and mix well. Pour into 2 quart casserole.
- Drain potatoes, add butter, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Mash while adding evaporated milk, a little at a time, until they are mashed and smooth (it may not take the whole can of milk).
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top of the meat mixture, making sure to get all the way to the edges. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1094.6, Fat 71.5, SaturatedFat 35.2, Cholesterol 230.2, Sodium 1734.2, Carbohydrate 56, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 5.4, Protein 57.8
BLUE RIBBON APPLE CRUMB PIE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, vegetable oil, milk, 2 teaspoons sugar, and salt in a bowl until mixture pulls together; transfer and press into a 9-inch pie dish to form a crust.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl; toss apples into cinnamon sugar to coat. Transfer apples to pie dish.
- Stir 1 cup flour and brown sugar in a bowl. Cut in cold butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs over apples.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden and bubbly, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 492.5 calories, Carbohydrate 63.7 g, Cholesterol 31 mg, Fat 25.6 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 236.1 mg, Sugar 31.9 g
More about "pie crust blue ribbon recipes"
8 BLUE-RIBBON PIE RECIPES | SUCCESSFUL FARMING
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BLUE RIBBON WILD BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH - BLUE RIBBON GROUP
BEST APPLE PIE RECIPE | BLUE RIBBON APPLE PIE | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
BLUE RIBBON CARAMEL-APPLE PIE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
BLUE RIBBON PIE CRUST RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RIBBON PIE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BLUE RIBBON APPLE PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PERFECT PIE CRUST 101, A BLUE RIBBON~AWARD WINNING CRUST.
BLUE RIBBON PIE CRUST - PLAIN.RECIPES
CLASSIC BUTTER-LARD PIE CRUST - BLUE RIBBON GROUP
BLUE RIBBON PIE CRUST - BIGOVEN
BLUE RIBBON WINNING PIE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
30 BLUE-RIBBON RECIPES FROM FAIRS ACROSS AMERICA
PIE CRUST - BLUE RIBBON | RECIPES, BLUE RIBBON RECIPES, PIE CRUST
10 BLUE-RIBBON WINNING PIES TO MAKE THIS SUMMER - 31 …
APPLE PIE RECIPE AND THE WINNER OF THE PIE CRUST SHOWDOWN
LEARN HOW TO MAKE A BLUE RIBBON PIE CRUST
STATE FAIR BLUE RIBBON APPLE PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BLUE RIBBON PIE DOUGH - CENTRAL MILLING
BLUE RIBBON PIE CRUST RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
BLUE-RIBBON APPLE PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
"BLUE RIBBON" APPLE PIE | BAKE WITH ANNA OLSON
BLUE RIBBON PIE CRUST RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
BLUE RIBBON PIES - FOOD CHANNEL
BLUE RIBBON BLUEBERRY PIE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
BLUE RIBBON BLACKBERRY PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BEST "BLUE RIBBON" APPLE PIE RECIPES | BAKE WITH ANNA OLSON
ANNA OLSEN'S 'BLUE RIBBON' APPLE PIE | CTV NEWS
PIE CRUST - BLUE RIBBON RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GRAMMA JOHN’S BLUE RIBBON APPLE PIE - GOOD CHEAP EATS
BLUE RIBBON ZUCCHINI PIE - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
THIS MONTH'S RECIPES | ANNA OLSON
BLUE RIBBON STUFFED CRUST BLUEBERRY LIME PIE - CRUST RECIPES
HOMEMADE APPLE PIE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
BLUE RIBBON APPLE PIE: THE BEST RECIPE FOR THE BEST HOMEMADE …
MOM'S BLUE RIBBON PIE CRUST - YOUTUBE
BLUE RIBBON PEANUT BUTTER S’MORES PIE - MINDYCAKE | RECIPES
BLUE RIBBON PIE CRUST - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
You'll also love