PINTO BEANS AND RICE
I love to try different foods, and I especially like to see the reaction of my family when I put new dishes on the dinner table. This was a success. I've since served it at many potlucks and have been asked for the recipe every time.-Linda Romano, Mt. Airy, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, liquid smoke if desired, salt and pepper. Stir in rice and beans. , Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 263 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 856mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
PINTO BEANS AND RICE IN A CROCK POT (OR ON STOVE TOP)
This is one of those good ol' down home meals. Add a pan of cornbread and you've got it made! You can obviously make this spicier by adding more chili powder, cayenne, jalapenos or just pass the Tabasco. Please note that the time shown is an estimate only as there will be a variance of heat from one crockpot to the next.
Provided by Junebug
Categories White Rice
Yield 1 crock pot
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Rinse beans in colander.
- Put in a crock pot (or large pot).
- Cover with water, plus about 2 inches over top of beans.
- Add all ingredients, except rice.
- Cook on high in crock pot about 3 hours til tender. (Crockpots vary greatly on cooking times. It could take much longer in yours, so the first time allow longer to cook and then you will know how long cooking time will be in the future.).
- (Add water if necessary) May also cook on low overnight.
- Add rice and cook until rice is warm.
- Serve with cornbread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1898.7, Fat 7.6, SaturatedFat 1.4, Sodium 6522.4, Carbohydrate 353.9, Fiber 76.3, Sugar 13, Protein 105.8
SLOW COOKER RED BEANS AND RICE
- Combine water, kidney beans, sausage, onion, green bell pepper, celery, garlic, and bay leaf in the bowl of a slow cooker and stir to combine. Set slow cooker to Low and cook for at least 8 hours. Remove bay leaf and discard. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370.6 calories, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 28.9 mg, Fat 14.2 g, Fiber 9.3 g, Protein 22.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 675.6 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
CARNITAS (MEXICAN PORK) MY WAY (CROCK POT)
I made this to go in burritos with beans and rice http://www.recipezaar.com/Pinto-Beans-and-Rice-in-a-Crock-Pot-Or-on-Stove-Top-41246 Very simple, flavorful pork would be good on nachos also!
Provided by newmama
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Mix all of the spices together and sprinkle most on the roast, reserving about 1 tsp.
- Put the roast and water/broth in a crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
- Now you can do 2 things here: remove the roast, drain the liquid, put the roast back in the crock, shred it with the remaining seasonings and about 1/2 cup of water and stir OR.
- remove a little of the liquid from the pot and shred the meat (with forks) in the remaining liquid and taste and season if necessary.
- *if I use a roast with a good amount of fat I usually drain it to drain off some of that grease, if it's lean then I use the liquid it cooked in.
- Serve it up! It makes great burritos (get the big tortillas!) with all the fixins- including the beans and rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 216.7, Fat 7.7, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 95.3, Sodium 295.2, Carbohydrate 1.1, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.3, Protein 33.5
More about "pinto beans and rice in a crock pot or on stove top recipes"
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS AND RICE - THE BUDGET DIET
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 4
- Cook on high about 4 hours or until beans are tender. Crock Pots vary greatly, 4 hours is the minimum - your crock pot may take longer!
PINTO BEANS AND RICE IN A CROCK POT (OR ON STOVE TOP) RECIPE
4.5/5 (73)Total Time 3 hrs 5 minsServings 1
CROCKPOT PINTO BEANS - EAT WELL SPEND SMART
SOUTHERN PINTO BEANS CROCK POT - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT PINTO BEANS - FLOUR ON MY FACE
HOW TO COOK PINTO BEANS ON THE STOVETOP - JESSICA GAVIN
HAM HOCK AND PINTO BEANS - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 BEST CROCKPOT PINTO BEANS AND GROUND BEEF RECIPES - YUMMLY
HOW TO COOK PINTO BEANS ON THE STOVE TOP
PINTO BEANS AND RICE IN A CROCK POT RECIPES 2010
HOW TO COOK PINTO BEANS IN A CROCKPOT OR ON A STOVETOP
PINTO BEANS AND RICE IN A CROCK POT OR ON STOVE TOP - WOV.APP
COOKING PINTO BEANS IN CROCK POT - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CROCK POT PINTO BEAN - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PINTO BEANS AND RICE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
PINTO BEANS RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
SLOW COOKER RICE AND BEANS - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
BEST HAM AND BEANS RECIPE CROCK POT: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS | EASY RECIPE WITH NO SOAKING
HOW TO COOK PINTO BEANS – THREE EASY WAYS | ALLRECIPES
MAMA’S PINTO BEANS AND RICE WITH SAUSAGE
SPICY PINTO BEANS IN SLOW COOKER - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
PINTO BEANS WITH RICE AND SAUSAGE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TOP 45 COOKING DRY PINTO BEANS IN CROCK POT
CROCKPOT PINTO BEANS - SLOW COOKER LIVING
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS AND RICE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
PRESOAKING PINTO BEANS - THERESCIPES.INFO
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS (NO SOAK) - RECIPES FROM A PANTRY
HOW TO COOK PINTO BEANS IN A CROCK POT RECIPES
SLOW COOKER PINTO BEANS AND BEEF - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
10 BEST PINTO BEANS GROUND BEEF RICE RECIPES - YUMMLY
HOW TO COOK PINTO BEANS (PRESSURE COOKER, SLOW COOKER,
CROCK POT BEANS AND RICE - HUMOROUS HOMEMAKING
CROCK POT SMOKEY BLACK BEANS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SLOW COOKER PINTO BEANS - MOM'S KITCHEN HANDBOOK
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS-STOVE TOP THICKENING - NEWBIETO …
SOUTHERN PINTO BEANS AND RICE - SMARTYPANTSKITCHEN
MEXICAN POT BEANS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THE SECRET TO PERFECT OLD FASHIONED PINTO BEANS - LOAVES AND DISHES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook pinto beans in a crock pot?Crock Pot Pinto Beans are hearty, nutritious, full of spiced smoky flavor and are super tasty. It’s a true frugal dump and start slow cooker recipe. Add all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover the cooker and cook on HIGH for 8-10 hours, without opening the lid.
How to cook beans and rice in a crock pot?DIRECTIONS Rinse beans in colander. Put in a crock pot (or large pot). Cover with water, plus about 2 inches over top of beans. Add all ingredients, except rice. Cook on high in crock pot about 3 hours til tender. (Crockpots vary greatly on cooking times. (Add water if necessary) May also cook on low overnight. Add rice and cook until rice is warm.
How long to cook beans in a crock pot on high?Transfer to the slow cooker. Add the sautéed vegetables, bay leaves, cumin, oregano, cayenne, and remaining teaspoon salt. Pour the broth and water over the top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 8 to 10 hours, until the beans are tender.
How do you cook pinto beans in boiling water?Then, pre-soak overnight OR boil on medium high for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse very well. Then cook the beans over medium low heat at a simmer in water or stock (best flavor) with seasonings until pinto beans are tender (about 2-3 hours).