MY FAMILY'S FAVORITE SLOPPY JOES (PIZZA JOES)
I've tried many recipes, this is the best. I once 'dec-tupled' (10x) this recipe to sell sandwiches at a craft fair at my church. People were waiting in line to buy leftovers. Freezes well, goes up to the lake or camping well and is a hit on Halloween...it's no-fail. Easy to double, triple, etc. I've been making Joes this way for over 20 years. ***03-08-09, I just reinvented this recipe tonight when I went to make it for dinner and found I didn't have an 8-oz. can of tomato sauce (shame on me). The family was upset with me when I subbed an 8-oz. can of pizza sauce and told them to suck it up and call them 'Pizza Joes' and then served them up with shredded mozzarella cheese on the toasted buns, top and bottom. They loved it. I left out the BBQ sauce in this preparation and just used a 1/2 cup ketchup. Pizza Joes are good to go!
Provided by Hey Jude
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, celery and onion.
- Drain the fat, who needs it?.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, simmer covered, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If Joes appear too'loose', leave cover off and let moisture evaporate.
- Cook until it's the consistency you like for serving on toasted buns, with french fries and cole slaw.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.3, Fat 17.4, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 77.1, Sodium 733.2, Carbohydrate 19.1, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 14.8, Protein 22.6
SLOPPY PIZZA JOES
This recipe freezes well, so you can have a batch of Sloppy Pizza Joes on hand for an impromptu Pizza Joe party. -Charlene Easter, Milan, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce and seasonings. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve on buns with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435 calories, Fat 19g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 86mg cholesterol, Sodium 825mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 35g protein.
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES
If you're tired of same old boring sloppy joes, here's a tasty twist! These messy, kid-friendly sandwiches have a definite pizza flavor that families will love, but be sure to serve them with a fork! Connie Pettit - Logan, OH
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Stir in the pizza sauce, pepperoni and herbs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes., Spoon 2/3 cup beef mixture onto each bun; sprinkle with cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Replace tops. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 calories, Fat 11g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 59mg cholesterol, Sodium 825mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES
Swap out the crust for soft hamburger buns, and you've got Pizza Sloppy Joes. Our pizza-inspired Pizza Sloppy Joes are made with red sauce and mozzarella.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Brown meat with peppers and onions in large skillet; drain.
- Add pizza sauce and oregano; stir. Simmer 3 to 4 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Top with cheese; cover. Cook 1 min. or until melted; mix well.
- Fill buns with meat mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 570 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 7 g, Protein 21 g
SLOPPY PIZZA JOES
- Use a 12" skillet to cook the beef and onion over medium heat till done. Drain the beef and onions.
- Spray a 3.5 - 4 qt slow cooker with cooking spray and spoon the beef mixture into the slow cooker, add pepper, basil, oregano, pepperoni and sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Spoon mixture into buns and sprinkle with the mozzarella.
SLOPPY JOE PIZZA
- Heat oven to 425°. Cook beef in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix.
- Place pizza crust on ungreased cookie sheet. Spread evenly with bean dip. Spoon beef over bean layer. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa and guacamole.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 565, Carbohydrate 73 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 serving, Sodium 1030 mg
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion and bell pepper; cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in pizza sauce. Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Fill buns with beef mixture and cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 3 g, Protein 20 g, SaturatedFat 4 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Sandwich, Sodium 420 mg, Sugar 7 g, TransFat 1/2 g
More about "pizza sloppy joes recipes"
BEST PIZZA SLOPPY JOES RECIPE - DELISH
Category DinnerTotal Time 20 mins
- Stir in pepperoni and cook until it starts to crisps, then add garlic and cook until, about 1 minute more.
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
Ratings 2Calories 467 per servingCategory Main Course
- Add the ground beef to a large cast iron skillet (this browns very well) and brown until a deep brown crust appears before breaking the beef apart.
- Stir the ground beef and brown until a deep crust appears on about 50 or so percent of the beef.
PIZZA SLOPPY JOE - LEMONSFORLULU.COM
SLOPPY JOE PIZZA - THIS IS NOT DIET FOOD
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
SLOPPY JOE FRENCH BREAD PIZZA | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
SLOPPY JOE PIZZA RECIPE - FOOD CHANNEL
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES RECIPE - BLOGCHEF
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES RECIPE | THE GRACIOUS WIFE
SLOPPY JOE PIZZA - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
SLOPPY PIZZA JOES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SLOPPY JOE FRENCH BREAD PIZZA - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
SLOPPY PIZZA JOES RECIPE
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES - 15 MINUTE MEAL - EAT AT HOME
SLOW COOKER PIZZA SLOPPY JOES - FLAVOR MOSAIC
15-MINUTE PIZZA SLOPPY JOES RECIPE (WITH PEPPERONI AND ITALIAN …
SO EASY SLOPPY JOE PIZZA - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES - RECIPE BPY
BEST PIZZA SLOPPY JOES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES - SAVOR WITH JENNIFER
15-MINUTE PIZZA SLOPPY JOES RECIPE – MALLIZE
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES; A UNIQUE TWIST ON TWO KID CLASSICS
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES - CELEBRATING SWEETS
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES - DIARY OF A RECIPE COLLECTOR
8 EASY AND TASTY PIZZA SLOPPY JOES RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
SLOPPY JOE PIZZA - SCATTERED THOUGHTS OF A CRAFTY MOM
SLOPPY JOE PIZZA RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES - LYNN'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
PEPPERONI PIZZA SLOPPY JOES (& VIDEO!) - READY IN 20 MINUTES!
SOUTHWEST SLOPPY JOE PIZZA RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES - PLAIN CHICKEN
RECIPE OF SPEEDY SLOPPY JOE PIZZA - SUPERTCC.COM
SLOW COOKER PIZZA SLOPPY JOES ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
PEPPERONI PIZZA SLOPPY JOES - ADVENTURES OF MEL
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
EASY PIZZA SLOPPY JOE SLIDERS - SOUTHERN BITE
A PIZZA-INSPIRED TAKE ON SLOPPY JOES! - VALERIE'S KITCHEN
ITALIAN SLOPPY JOES - MEAL PLANNING MAGIC
35+ EASY AND DELICIOUS SLOPPY JOE RECIPES - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
PIZZA SLOPPY JOES | BEN`S
You'll also love