PLUM-GLAZED PORK KABOBS
Get out there and fire up the grill for pork kabobs, a tasty alternative to chicken and beef. These sweet and gingery beauties make dinnertime happy. -Tonya Burkhard, Palm Coast, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- For glaze, in a small bowl, mix jam, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Cut vegetables and pork into 1-in. pieces. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork and vegetables., On a lightly greased grill rack, grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until pork is tender, turning occasionally and brushing with 1/4 cup glaze during the last 5 minutes. Brush with remaining glaze before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 64mg cholesterol, Sodium 239mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PLUM GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN
I'm always looking for new ways to serve pork. This is a goodie. From a Better Homes and Garden cookbook called 'Mexican and More'.
Provided by Ppaperdoll
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Place pork, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan., Season with salt andpepper. Bake 1 hour.
- In small saucepan, combine jam, wine or apple juice, rosemary, brown sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until lightly thickened. (about 5-8 minutes total, but watch so it doesn't burn). Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Spoon 1/4 cup sauce over pork. Continue baking, basting occasionally, until temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Serve pork slices with plum sauce.
PORK WITH PLUM SAUCE
- Whisk 1 tablespoon wine, the ginger and 2 tablespoons ice water in a large bowl. Whisk in the flour and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the pork, turning to coat; refrigerate while you prepare the sauce.
- Remove the zest from the orange in wide strips using a vegetable peeler. Put the zest in a skillet and squeeze in the juice. Whisk in the vinegar, honey and the remaining 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons wine. Add the mint and cook over medium-high heat until syrupy, 10 to 15 minutes. Add the plums and cook until slightly soft, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and discard the mint. Swirl in the butter, if desired, and season with salt.
- Heat 1/4 inch peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the pork until golden and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Season with salt and serve with the plum sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 503, Fat 29 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Cholesterol 90 milligrams, Sodium 88 milligrams, Carbohydrate 39 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Protein 28 grams
PLUM GLAZE FOR PORK
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and green onions; cook and stir until green onions are wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir in the plum jam, chili sauce, grape juice, lime juice, and allspice. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until sauce thickens, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 95.9 calories, Carbohydrate 21.1 g, Fat 1.2 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 9.7 mg, Sugar 14.4 g
FIVE SPICE PLUM-GLAZED HAM
Baked ham is one of my favorite dishes, and this plum-baked ham recipe adds something a little bit different to the classic. The plum goes really well with the ham and the Asian spices! -Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, score the surface of the ham with 1/4 in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern. , In a large saucepan stir together the remaining ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil and simmer until sugar is dissolved, 1-2 minutes. Reserve half the mixture, keep warm. Pour remaining half over the ham. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 140°, 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Baste occasionally with pan drippings. Cover loosely with foil if ham browns too quickly. Serve with remaining sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 70mg cholesterol, Sodium 958mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (23g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 24g protein.
PORK WITH PLUM SAUCE
What better way to serve pork than with a sweet and tangy plum sauce! The combination of spices turns this ordinary pork dish into a family favorite! Serve with rice and sprinkle with cilantro.
Provided by Budark
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper; cook in the hot oil until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove pork chops to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir the garlic in the skillet just until fragrant, 10 to 20 seconds. Pour in the soy sauce, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, and cloves; bring to a boil. Stir the mixture until the brown sugar dissolves; add the plums. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer the mixture until the sauce has thickened and the plums are very soft, about 45 minutes. Mash the plums with a potato masher to an applesauce-like texture. Place the pork chops back into the pan and cook in the sauce until no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 15 minutes. A meat thermometer inserted into the middle of a chop should read 145 degrees (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300.5 calories, Carbohydrate 18.4 g, Cholesterol 59.1 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 25.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 938.2 mg, Sugar 15.1 g
PORK TENDERLOIN CUTLETS WITH PLUM GLAZE
This is a favorite among my friends. I've been requested to make this at least once a week! The cutlets and glaze can be prepped in advance -- up to several hours ahead. The grilling takes only minutes. This recipe is 6 WW pts. per serving.
Provided by Amber Dawn
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Prepare grill.
- Using sharp knife, cut tenderloin lengthwise almost in half, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Open and spread flat like a book.
- With meat mallet or between two sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper with rolling pin, pound meat to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut crosswise into 4 equal pieces; sprinkle cutlets with salt and pepper.
- In small bowl, combine plum jam, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- Brush one side of each cutlet and cut side of each plum half with plum glaze.
- Place cutlets and plums on grill over medium heat, glaze side down, and cook 3 minutes.
- Brush cutlets and plums with remaining plum glaze; turn pork and plums over and cook until cutlets are lightly browned on both sides, just after lose their pink color throughout, and plums are hot, about 3 minutes longer.
More about "plum glaze for pork recipes"
BALSAMIC-PLUM GLAZED PORK CHOPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (38)Calories 281 per serving
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add pork to pan; cook 3 1/2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots and garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Add port and vinegar to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and plum preserves; cook for 30 seconds or until smooth, stirring constantly. Return pork to pan; cook 30 seconds or until desired degree of doneness, turning to coat. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
GLAZED PORK WITH FRESH PLUMS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsServings 4
- Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Cook in hot oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Add onion and plums. Bake 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145°.
- Transfer pork, onion, and plums to a serving platter, reserving drippings in skillet. Cover pork loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir vinegar and preserves into drippings; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in thyme. Pour over pork and plum mixture.
PLUM-GLAZED PORK CHOPS | SIMPLY GLUTEN FREE
PLUM GLAZE FOR PORK RECIPE
PLUM GLAZED PORK CHOPS - FOOD MEANDERINGS | RECIPE IN 2022
PORK TENDERLOIN CUTLETS WITH PLUM GLAZE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
PLUM GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN TK – NANA'S RECIPES
PLUM GLAZE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BABY BACK RIBS WITH PLUM GLAZE | PORK RECIPES - WEBER
PORK STEAK WITH PLUM GLAZE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
GINGER AND PLUM-GLAZED PORK LOIN - LE PORC DU QUéBEC
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH SWEET BALSAMIC PLUM SAUCE - JULIA'S ALBUM
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH PLUM BALSAMIC GLAZE RECIPE | LAND …
PLUM GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PLUM SAUCE GLAZED HAM WITH BUTTERED ROASTED POTATOES
SLOW COOKER PLUM-GLAZED PORK - GUIDING STARS
PLUM GLAZED PORK CHOPS | EASY PORK DINNER - FOOD …
GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN IN CHINESE PLUM SAUCE RECIPE
RECIPE - PORK RIBS WITH PLUM GLAZE
RECIPE - PORK RIBS WITH PLUM GLAZE IN 2022 | PORK RIBS, PORK …
PLUM-GLAZED PORK BELLY RECIPE BY ALISHA LUMEA & POLLY LEGENDRE
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH PLUM BALSAMIC GLAZE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PORK STEAKS WITH PLUM GLAZE RECIPE - WORLD RECIPES
PORK STEAKS WITH PLUM GLAZE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
PLUM-GLAZED PORK KABOBS RECIPE - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH QUICK PLUM CHUTNEY - TUFTS HEALTH ...
PORK ROAST WITH PLUM GLAZE RECIPE
PLUM GLAZED PORK ROAST – RECIPES FOR THE COOK
PLUM GLAZED PORK ROAST - TWEEDREALFOOD.COM
PLUM GLAZED PORK RIBS - BABY BACK RIBS - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
PLUM GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN - SUPER HEALTHY KIDS
PLUM GLAZED PORK RIBS | RECIPESTY
GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH PLUMS | DINNER RECIPES | WOMAN
Balsamic Plum Glazed Pork Chop Recipe5.8K views-02:05
Smoked Pork Loin | Plum Crazy Glaze | Yoder Smoker | Pork Loin Recipe379 views-12:55
Plum Glazed Smoked Spare Ribs1.8K views-04:18
Slow Cooker Spare Ribs with Plum Glaze (recipe)1.9K views-01:21
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a pork loin in a plum sauce?Spoon 6 tablespoons of the plum sauce over the pork and leave to marinate, covered, for at least 30 minutes. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Put the sauce-covered pork on a piece of foil large enough to enclose it, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
How do you make plum sauce?How to make plum sauce (glaze): In a medium size skillet, combine cubed plums, balsamic vinegar and honey and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer (but so that it's still boiling on lower heat) and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes, uncovered, to reduce the sauce. The plums should soften and release juices.
How to cook a Ham in the oven with plum sauce?Place the ham flat-side down in a roasting pan, cover tightly in foil, and begin warming according to the package instructions. Mix together the plum sauce, honey, soy sauce, dijon, and five spice powder to make the glaze. Before the last 30 minutes of cooking, remove the foil and brush the glaze all over the ham.
Do you use Plum preserves with pork chops?I did not have plum preserves, used Tart Cherry Preserves. I did saute the pork chops for 4 minutes on each side. Other than that I followed recipe according to directions. I served this with wild rice and a green salad. This is worthy for company too.