CREAMY SPICED PUMPKIN SOUP
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the apple, garlic, ginger, and thyme and saute until garlic and ginger are fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in salt, pepper, cinnamon, cloves. Pour in Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Broth and pumpkin puree; mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and gently simmer until flavors have blended and apples are very soft, 30 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Puree the soup with an immersion blender until soup is smooth. Return pot to stove; bring soup back to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat; stir in cream. Serve with your choice of garnishes including crumbled bacon, chopped green onions, sour cream, seasoned croutons.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345.7 calories, Carbohydrate 22.5 g, Cholesterol 63.7 mg, Fat 25.5 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 8.9 g, SaturatedFat 12.8 g, Sodium 1209.7 mg, Sugar 7.5 g
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE
- Place a large sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add the oil, onion, garlic and jalapenos. Saute for 3-5 minutes until soft. Stir in the cumin, oregano and salt. Saute another 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, pumpkin puree and beans to the pot. Simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered. Then add the vinegar and honey and simmer another 3-5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. *You can also use a regular blender, but be careful! Open the vent in the lid and place a towel over it to protect from hot splashing liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spread the pepitas and onions out on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with a dash or two of cayenne pepper and a little salt. Toast for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve the soup warm, sprinkled with toasted pepitas and onions.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 234 kcal, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 8 g, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 1447 mg, Fiber 7 g, Sugar 11 g
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE
- Remove the stems, slice them into quarters (or eighths), and remove the innards and seeds. Reserve the seeds, if desired. Peel the pumpkin and chop up the pumpkin flesh. The yield of fresh pumpkin is about 12 cups, or 3 pounds in weight of peeled pumpkin. It's OK if you're off a little. Set them aside for now.
- Add ½ cup peanut oil to a large pot and heat to medium heat. Add flour and stir. Cook for 10-15 minutes, constantly stirring, until the roux turns a light blonde brown. You can cook it longer for a darker, richer color and flavor.
- Add pumpkin, peppers, onion, celery and garlic. Stir and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add Cajun seasoning and chicken stock. Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom.
- Cook at medium-low heat for 30 minutes to thicken. You can simmer longer if you'd like. I often simmer for 1 hour.
- Process the mixture with an immersion blender, or transfer the soup in batches to a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- Serve into bowls and garnish with fresh chopped herbs, spicy chili flakes and a swirl of extra virgin olive oil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217 kcal, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein 5 g, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Cholesterol 17 mg, Sodium 179 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CURRY PUMPKIN SOUP
- Purée soup: Turn off the heat and carefully remove the bay leaves. Use an immersion blender to purée the soup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167 kcal, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 16 mg, Fiber 6 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 620 mg, Sugar 11 g, Fat 6 g, ServingSize Serves 4 to 6, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
SPICY PEANUT AND PUMPKIN SOUP
This recipe is a promise of warmth on those cool autumn nights. Habanero chiles and peanuts both feature heavily in Nigerian cuisine, and this soup is an adaptation of a long-simmered stew common to much of West Africa. Don't be afraid of a chile with seeds: The fragrant oils from these peppers are worth every bite. The peanut butter and coconut milk mellow the warmth of the chile to a gentle, lingering heat, but you can also take the chile out before the soup is puréed. An optional spoon of honey to the soup will round out the flavors, and a dollop of crème fraîche or yogurt will further temper the heat. Serve with a baguette or sourdough bread for dipping.
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring frequently until softened and just beginning to brown around the edges, about 4 minutes. Stir in the chile and pumpkin purée, and whisk in the water or stock. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and allow to simmer on low, giving an occasional stir, for 20 minutes or until slightly reduced and thickened. Remove the chile after the soup simmers if you don't care for much spice.
- Add coconut milk, agave or honey (if using), and peanut butter to the pot. Using an immersion blender or working in batches in a standing blender, purée the soup until smooth. Season with salt and keep warm over low heat. Do not bring soup up to a simmer or boil at this point. (This reduces the risk of the oils in the peanut butter separating and breaking the soup's smooth texture.)
- Divide soup between bowls, sprinkle with the chives and a dollop of crème fraîche or yogurt, or a drizzle of olive oil to make it vegan. Serve with a warm crusty baguette or chunks of warm sourdough for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 477, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 37 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 21 grams, Sodium 1115 milligrams, Sugar 11 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SPICY COCONUT PUMPKIN SOUP
This Caribbean-style pumpkin soup is ideally made with calabaza, but butternut or kabocha squash will work too.
Provided by Ramin Ganeshram
Yield 4-6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the pumpkin, stir well, and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ají dulce and stir well. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent, 3 to 5 minutes, then add the brown sugar and cumin. Mix well. Cook until the sugar melts, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and broth. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the pumpkin is very soft, about 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup into a smooth purée. Alternatively, remove the solids with a slotted spoon and place in a blender or food processor. Purée until smooth and return to the pan.
- Bring back to a simmer and cook gently for 5 minutes so the flavors combine. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Serve hot, garnished with the cilantro.
SPICY SAVORY PUMPKIN SOUP
I made this one up on my own after I learned how to cook well enough. All kinds of beans can be used, black beans do very well as do pinto beans, but regular red or dark red kidney beans are my favorite with this particular soup. You can also substitute pumpkin puree for squash puree! I think the green onion goes perfect with the mix but a small can of green chiles works well too. This is a great soup to have in the fall. Yields about 4 medium-sized servings.
Provided by the80srule
Yield 4 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Rinse and drain the beans and corn, put them aside for now.
- Bring the broth to a boil, then reduce the heat.
- Meld the pumpkin puree into the broth, stirring well, until completely incorporated.
- Stir in the beans.
- Add the oil and garlic and incorporate, then lower the heat and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the corn and green onion (or the rinsed chiles if you're using those) and stir them in well.
- Mix in the dried ingredients and incorporate. Then put in the cilantro.
- Raise the heat a little and let it simmer until thick and bubbly, about 15-25 minutes.
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP
- Heat oil in a 3-qt saucepan.
- Add garlic, chili powder and cumin.
- Stir over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add broth, increase heat then stir in chick-peas, pumpkin, corn and salsa.
- Bring to a boil the reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes to develop flavors.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 332.6, Fat 5.2, SaturatedFat 0.9, Sodium 1477.8, Carbohydrate 60.4, Fiber 10, Sugar 3.8, Protein 16.4
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP
Make the most of seasonal squash in the early autumn and try a spicy pumpkin soup. You can toast the seeds, too, and add as a topping
Provided by Anna Glover
Categories Lunch, Starter
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Cut the pumpkin in half and remove the seeds with a spoon (see tip below). Cut into wedges or chunks (keep the skin on) and tip into a bowl. Put the garam masala, and 1 tsp each of the coriander and cumin into a small bowl and mix with 2 tbsp of the oil and season. Drizzle over the pumpkin and toss well to coat in the spiced oil. Transfer to a baking tray, spread out evenly and roast for 40-45 mins, turning halfway through cooking, until the pumpkin is very soft when pierced with a fork. Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion with a pinch of salt for 10 mins until soft. Add the ginger, garlic and remaining spices and chilli flakes, and fry for a few more minutes until fragrant. Pour in the stock and bring to a gentle simmer.
- When the pumpkin is cool enough to touch, use a spoon to scoop the soft flesh from the skins. Add the soft pumpkin to the stock pan, discarding the skins. Remove from the heat and blitz the soup with a hand blender until creamy and smooth. Season to taste, adding extra chilli or garam masala if you like. Put back over a low heat and stir in the cream. Bring to a gentle simmer, then serve in bowls with a drizzle more cream and a pinch of chilli to serve. Top with toasted pumpkin seeds, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315 calories, Fat 24 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 15 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.59 milligram of sodium
SPICED PUMPKIN SOUP
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add carrot and next 6 ingredients and sauté until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Transfer mixture to processor and blend until smooth. Return mixture to pot. Add broth and all remaining ingredients except cilantro. Boil soup over medium-high heat 15 minutes to blend flavors. Cool slightly. Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth. Return soup to pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool slightly, then cover and refrigerate.)
- Bring soup to simmer. Divide among 8 bowls. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- Canned unsweetened coconut milk is sold at Indian, Southeast Asian, and Latin American markets and at many supermarkets.
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP
A healthy and tasty dish, which is quick and easy to prepare. The hint of spice gives this smooth and silky soup an extra kick. Ingredients given are easily adapted.
Provided by dijoxc
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook slowly for 3 minutes or until onion has softened but not coloured.
- Add crushed garlic and pumpkin. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes or until pumpkin has softened or starts to brown.
- Add chilli and coriander. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Set aside for 2 minutes to cool slightly.
- Blend in batches until smooth.
- Return to pan over low heat and reheat for 1 minute. Stir in creme fraiche or cream. Season with pepper if required.
- To serve, divide between warmed bowls, top with teaspoon of creme fraiche if required and lightly chopped fresh coriander. Serve with warm crusty rolls or bread.
More about "spicy pumpkin soup recipes"
SPICED PUMPKIN SOUP | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE - THE ART OF FOOD AND WINE
SPICED PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SLOW COOKER SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP | BLISSFUL DOMESTICATION
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP WITH YOGURT | SIMONE'S KITCHEN
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP | MOROCCAN RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
SPICY RED LENTIL AND PUMPKIN SOUP | ALLRECIPES.COOKING
BEST SPICY JAMAICAN PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPES | FOOD …
THE BEST SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE - CHALKING UP SUCCESS!
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP COOKING RECIPE - HEALTHIER. HAPPIER.
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP — NOURISH
BEST SAVORY PUMPKIN SOUP WITH SPICE SHAKE - COUNTRY LIVING
SPICED PUMPKIN SOUP - RULED ME - RECIPES
SPICY COCONUT AND PUMPKIN SOUP - BUDGET BYTES
HOMESTYLE SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP – HOW TO MAKE THE BEST …
SPICED PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE (VEGAN) - JO'S KITCHEN LARDER
SPICY PUMPKIN APPETIZER SOUP RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
HOW TO MAKE SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP - THE SIMPLER KITCHEN
THAI STYLE SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE WITH COCONUT MILK & SPICES
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP | COOKING TIPS | RECIPE ARTICLES AND FACTS IN …
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE - HAYNES GOURMET
10 BEST SPICED PUMPKIN SOUP WITH COCONUT MILK RECIPES - YUMMLY
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP - ROTI N RICE
THAI SPICED PUMPKIN SOUP - THE KIWI COUNTRY GIRL
PUMPKIN SOUP - ONCE UPON A CHEF
PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE - TASTE AND TELL
SPICED PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
28 SERIOUSLY SPICY SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SPICY PUMPKIN CARROT SOUP - THE CLEVER MEAL
SPICY THAI PUMPKIN SOUP (EASY KETO & VEGAN RECIPE)
INDIAN SPICED ROASTED PUMPKIN SOUP - NISH KITCHEN
CREAMY SPICED PUMPKIN SOUP - PERFECT KETO
SPICY PUMPKIN AND SHRIMP SOUP | LACTAID®
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP - COOKING LSL
SPICED PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
SPICED PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #healthy #soups-stews #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something
You'll also love