- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots, raisins, orange juice, honey, brown sugar, salt, and pepper; bring it to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until carrots are tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover, raise heat to high, and cook until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle parsley on top before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 128.8 calories, Carbohydrate 27 g, Fat 2.7 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 148 mg, Sugar 19.3 g
CARROT, APPLE, AND SWEET POTATO TZIMMES
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine carrots, potatoes and enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Drain.
- In a 2 1/2 quart baking dish, layer carrot slices to cover bottom. Sprinkle 1/3 brown sugar, salt and pepper on top and dot with 1 tablespoon margarine. Continue layering until all ingredients are used up, sprinkling each layer and brown sugar and dotting with margarine. Pour 1 cup water over mixture.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes at 350 degree oven until apples are tender. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes until top is golden.
POLISH APPLE & CARROT TZIMMES (PASSOVER)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Place the carrots in a saucepan, add about 1/2 cup water and cook, about 5 to 8 minutes, until tender. Add apples for last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain and turn the carrots, apples and onions into the casserole. Add the raisins, sugar or honey, salt and pepper.
- Mix the orange juice and potato starch in a small bowl until smooth. Pour over the carrot-apple mixture. Sprinkle with the oil and bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143, Fat 2, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 37.9, Carbohydrate 32.2, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 22.8, Protein 1.4
More about "polish apple carrot tzimmes passover recipes"
TZIMMES RECIPE FOR PASSOVER - CLASSIC TZIMMES - JAMIE …
Servings 8-10Total Time 45 minsCategory Side Dish
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and add sweet potatoes and carrots, cooking until just beginning to get tender (but not yet tender), about 10-15 minutes. Drain well. 2. Add to a large mixing bowl with all remaining ingredients, and mix well with a wooden spoon.The carrots and potatoes should still be a little hard, and mixing shouldn't cause them to fall apart or mush.
CARROT TZIMMES WITH DUMPLINGS - KOSHEREYE.COM
CARROT & SWEET POTATO TZIMMES - THE VEGAN ATLAS
CARROT TZIMMES RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PASSOVER APRICOT CARROT CAKELETS - INGREDIENTS FOR A FABULOUS LIFE
CARROT AND APPLE TZIMMES RECIPE BY MARC TAXIERA - THE DAILY MEAL
RECIPE FOR TZIMMES FOR PASSOVER - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
TRADITIONAL TZIMMES | KOSHER AND JEWISH RECIPES
STOVETOP TZIMMES WITH CARROTS AND RAISINS RECIPE
OUR 10 BEST TRADITIONAL PASSOVER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CARROT TZIMMES RECIPE (ISRAELI JEWISH CARROTS BRAISED WITH HONEY ...
THE BEST TZIMMES WE'VE EVER TASTED | THE NOSHER
TZIMMES - PASSOVER SIDE DISHES - KOSHER RECIPE - CHABAD
PASSOVER FOOD AND RECIPE - TZIMMES - MESSIAH IN THE PASSOVER
CARROT AND SWEET-POTATO TZIMMES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PASSOVER CARROT - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
PASSOVER RECIPE: ROASTED CARROT AND SWEET POTATO TZIMMES
CARROT AND APPLE TZIMMES - BIGOVEN.COM
SLOW COOKER TZIMMES - PASSOVER FRIENDLY - KOSHEREYE.COM
TZIMMES RECIPE FOR PASSOVER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CARROT KUGEL RECIPE FOR PASSOVER - FOOD NEWS
PASSOVER: TZIMMES - MY JUDY THE FOODIE
TZIMMES RECIPE FOR PASSOVER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SIMPLE BEEF & CARROT TZIMMES (KOSHER FOR PASSOVER)
JEWISH TZIMMES RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
APPLE AND CARROT TZIMMES PAREVE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CARROT TZIMMES RECIPE | TZIMMES RECIPE, CARROT TZIMMES RECIPE, …
PASSOVER CARROT TZIMMES - YOUTUBE
RECIPES > VEGETABLES > HOW TO MAKE CARROT TZIMMES
APPLE AND SWEET POTATO TZIMMES - JAMIE GELLER
CARROT TZIMMES | RECIPE | SIDE RECIPES EASY, TZIMMES RECIPE, RECIPES
MOM'S TZIMMES | KOSHER AND JEWISH RECIPES
THE BEST TZIMMES WITH BEEF - YAY KOSHER
CARROT AND PRUNE TZIMMES - REFORM JUDAISM
CARROT TZIMMES | RECIPE | TZIMMES RECIPE, RECIPES, SIDE RECIPES EASY
CARROT TZIMMES RECIPE FOR PASSOVER - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
CARROT TZIMMES | CUESA
BEST TZIMMES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE TZIMMES - DELISH
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make tzimmes?Tzimmes - the classic Jewish side dish that can't be beat. 1. Preheat oven to 350. 2. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and add sweet potatoes and carrots, cooking until just beginning to get tender (but not yet tender), about 10-15 minutes.
How do you eat carrots in the Jewish New Year?Carrots are sliced into coins and eaten as a symbol of prosperity and good luck in the Jewish New Year. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots, raisins, orange juice, honey, brown sugar, salt, and pepper; bring it to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until carrots are tender, about 25 minutes.
What is the secret ingredient in carrot tzimmes?Carrot tzimmes is a classic Jewish holiday dish. In this quick and easy recipe, orange jam is the secret ingredient that sets this traditional dish apart. 1. In a medium stockpot, place carrots, sweet potato, parsnips, prunes, orange jam, chicken stock, ginger, rosemary, salt and pepper.
What is tzimmes for Passover?Tzimmes. Tzimmes is a traditional stew for Passover, made from a combination of sweet potatoes and dried fruit.