STEAMED CARROT PUDDING
This recipe has been in my family for at least three generations, passed down from my Canadian grandmother. It's been a favorite wintertime dessert for us and always included for Easter dinner and other holiday meals. -Ann Searcey, Kettering, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 22
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the carrots, potatoes, raisins, dates and nuts. , Pour into a well-greased 6-cup pudding mold or metal gelatin mold. Cover with foil. Place on a rack in a stockpot. Add 1 in. of boiling water to stockpot; cover and boil gently for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, replacing water as needed. Let stand for 5 minutes before unmolding., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter, vanilla and nutmeg. Serve with warm pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 570 calories, Fat 28g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 92mg cholesterol, Sodium 760mg sodium, Carbohydrate 75g carbohydrate (49g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
This is a wonderful spice filled dessert that resembles plum pudding but is low in fat (unless you use the buttery sauce!). The buttery sauce is optional, the pudding is good with or without it!
Provided by Joyce Rehagen
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large mixing bowl, combine carrots, potatoes, sugar, raisins, flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, all spice, and ground cloves. Transfer mixture to a clean 1 pound coffee can. Secure wax paper over the top and place the filled can in a large pot with 2 to 3 inches of water. Cover the pot and bring the water to a simmer.
- Steam the cake for 2 hours. Serve warm.
- Buttery sauce: In a medium-size pot, combine butter or margarine, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Heat until the mixture is liquid. Spoon mixture over the warm carrot pudding to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 551.6 calories, Carbohydrate 93.8 g, Cholesterol 58.2 mg, Fat 19.9 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 295.5 mg, Sugar 70.5 g
This is a healthy recipe for children as well as grown-ups.easy to make and very popular dessert in all over India.
Provided by sharda
Yield 1 cup, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- wash the carrots very nicely, wipe the water off and grate them in a medium sized grater.
- take a wok or pan, put in the butter and melt it.
- as the butter melts, put in the grated carrot.
- Just fry it for 5 minutes.
- Pour all the milk into the pan.
- let it cook over medium heat.
- keep stirring it frequently.
- after about 45 minutes it will get thickened into thick consistency, like a paste.
- You can keep the measure of consistency according to your like.
- If you make it more thick cook for some more time.
- After thickened to desired consistency, mix in the condensed milk and cook for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the gas.
- In another pan roast the raisins and cashew in a little butter.
- mix the raisins and cashews into the pudding.
- Allow it to cool.
- when it comes to the room temperature mix in the cardamum powder.
- serve cool.
BAKED CARROT PUDDING
This is a truly Irish dessert, which can also be enjoyed as a sweet main course. It is so delicious: moist and tasty. No need for further explanations. Try it out!
Provided by Lalaloula
Yield 2 puddings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Grate the carrots (the finer the moister the pudding gets) and preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine flour, sugar and spices in a bowl. In a second bowl cream the butter. Add to the flour-mixture.
- Add the carrots and the raisins. Blend well.
- Fill into two oven-proof dishes, sprinkle with some sugar and bake for 40-45 minutes (cover after 20 minutes if already browned on top).
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream, whipped cream or custard.
- Coat four 3-inch-by-2 1/2-inch ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. Coat with bread crumbs, and tap out excess. Set aside. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place the carrots, onion, shallots, thyme, rosemary, and jalapeno pepper in a baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat. Place in the oven to roast, turning over halfway through the cooking, until golden brown and tender, about 25 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 375 degrees. Transfer roasted carrots, onion, shallots, and jalapeno pepper to the bowl of a food processor. Process, scraping down the sides as needed, until a thick puree is formed. Transfer puree to a medium bowl. Add the salt, black pepper, pecorino cheese, picked thyme, and chopped rosemary, and stir to combine; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs on high speed until thick, pale, and frothy, and at least tripled in volume, about 5 minutes. Stir 1/4 of the beaten egg into the carrot puree. Fold remaining beaten egg into this mixture. Divide carrot mixture among the prepared ramekins, and place in the oven until puffed and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185 g, Cholesterol 167 g, Fat 8 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 9 g, Sodium 468 g
OLD FASHIONED CARROT PUDDING
I received this recipe about 40 years ago from a friend who said it had been in her family for generations. It comes out wonderfully moist and flavorful. I have given it as Christmas gifts many times and it's always very well received.
Provided by Carol Shorter Hicks
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. The mixture will be dry. Stir in the carrots, raisins and chopped walnuts. Pour into a well-greased pudding mold or coffee can. Cover the top with aluminum foil.
- Place the pudding mold into a large kettle or Dutch oven filled with 2 inches of water. Cover the pan, and bring to a simmer. Allow the pudding to steam for 4 to 4 1/2 hours over low heat. Remove from the mold. Serve with warm lemon sauce.
- To make the lemon sauce, mix together 3/4 cup of sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan. Stir in hot water, butter, lemon juice and vanilla. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Serve warm over the pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.1 calories, Carbohydrate 55.3 g, Cholesterol 3.1 mg, Fat 16.6 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 268.7 mg, Sugar 38.3 g
- 1. Preheat the oven to 300°F. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, or an elecric mixer fitted with the paddle beater, beat the egg yolks and sugar together until light and fluffy. Alternate additions of small amounts of butter and small amounts of flour, until all are incorporated. Add carrots and cheese. Pulse to blend. Pour into bowl and fold in baking powder.
- 2. Beat the eggs whites until fluffy. Stir small amount into the batter with a whisk. Fold in the remaining egg whites.
- 3. Pour the mixture into a buttered 3-quart soufflé dish or a 9 x 14-inch pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pudding comes out clean.
- 4. While the pudding is baking, sauté the walnuts in the butter for about 1 minute, sprinkle with the sugar, and top the pudding. Scoop out helpings and serve.
More about "carrot pudding recipes"
TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS PUDDING RECIPE - MELISSA K. NORRIS
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 8Total Time 2 hrs 10 mins
- Cream butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add in raisins, carrot, potato and egg. Stir in flour and baking soda.
- Grease 2 small glass bowls or one large bowl. Fill with pudding. Leave about an inch between the top of the pudding and the top of the bowl to give it room to rise.
- Cover the bowl with a piece of parchment, followed by a piece of tin foil, secured with string. My grandmother used a clean piece of muslin instead of the parchment.
- The pudding can be steamed in a double boiler, or you can place the pudding in a large pot, placing the pudding bowl on a small ramekin or mason jar ring to keep it off the bottom of the pot. Pour water in the bottom to no more than 1/3 of the way up the sides of the bowl.
BEST CARROT PUDDING RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SOUTHERN CARROT ...
Reviews 3Servings 6-8Cuisine AmericanCategory Side
CARROT PUDDING RECIPE | RECIPELAND
4.1/5 (264)Total Time 1 hrServings 8
TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS PUDDING RECIPE - CAT CAN COOK
Reviews 33Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CARROT CUSTARD PUDDING RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
5/5 Servings 3Cuisine IndianTotal Time 25 mins
CARROT PUDDING RECIPES - ENJOY A NATURALLY DELICIOUS ...
GRANDMA'S CARROT PUDDING - EASY PEASY MEALS
4.5/5 (4)Total Time 3 hrs 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 399 per serving
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy bottom pot, and heat over medium-high heat, stirring continually until smooth, and warm.
CARROT PUDDING RECIPE | COOKING WITH NANA LING
5/5 (3)Category DessertCuisine Australian, BritishCalories 302 per serving
BEST EVER CARROT PUDDING - COPYKAT RECIPES
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Side DishCalories 296 per serving
- Wash and peel carrots. Cut carrots into 3 to 4-inch pieces. Cook carrots in a pot of boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until the carrots are fork-tender.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed carrots, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, and flour. Beat for 3 minutes.
CARROT PUDDING | NOW YOU'RE COOKING!
Reviews 1Total Time 4 hrs 20 minsServings 12
- Mix suet, brown sugar, potato, carrot, and apple together. If using butter, beat butter and brown sugar together and stir in potato, carrot and apple.
- Spoon into a greased 10 cup pudding mold. Cover with foil and tie with string. Or you can use coffee tins, for smaller puddings.
STEAMED CARROT PUDDING WITH VANILLA SAUCE - I HEART EATING
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 349 per serving
- In a large bowl, stir together bread crumbs, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg.
RECIPE TIN PROJECT: CARROT PUDDING | 12 TOMATOES
4.8/5 (8)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 4-6
- Mix all pudding ingredients together thoroughly. Spoon into 1 pound coffee can or 2 quart-sized mason jars.
CARROT PUDDING FOR CHRISTMAS | JUST ANOTHER DAY ON THE FARM
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
CARROT PUDDING RECIPE - EMILIA AUGUSTA MAGALHáES | FOOD & WINE
CARROT PUDDING RECIPE | YUMMLY
Servings 4Total Time 55 minsCategory DessertsCalories 500 per serving
STEAMED CARROT PUDDING RECIPE - MY ISLAND BISTRO KITCHEN
Servings 10-12Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
EGGLESS CARROT & RAISINS BREAD PUDDING FROM "PRIYA'S ...
CARROT PUDDING - CULINARY ICON | CANADIAN LIVING
CHRISTMAS STEAMED CARROT PUDDING - MURLO.CA
CARROT PUDDING. YES, CARROT PUDDING. – PICKLED BOAR
CARROT PUDDING | DESSERT RECIPE | BY AKKUS KITCHEN - YOUTUBE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake a carrot pudding?Grate the orange zest and ginger into the carrot puree and blend. Add the remaining ½ cup melted butter and the rest of the ingredients, and process until smooth and creamy. Scrape the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake the carrot pudding until firm in the middle and slightly browned around the edges, about 30 – 40 minutes.
What are some good recipes for homemade puddings?These homemade puddings are delicious to eat anytime. 1 cup of grated carrots, 1 cup of suet, 1 cup of potatoes, 1-1/2 cups of flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, 2 cups of raisins, 1 teaspoon of baking soda; Combine and steam 4 hours. —Mrs. John Henry
What are the ingredients in a carrot and egg pudding?The carrots are mixed with cornstarch (as a thickener), sugar, eggs, margarine, and ground cinnamon and baked in a Bundt pan for a festive shape. To help ensure easy unmolding, "grease" the pan with liquid caramel, which also imparts a bit of flavor to the pudding.
How to make carrot and carrot custard?Take custard powder in a bowl, add 6 tablespoons of milk to it and mix without lumps. Keep aside. Boil 3 cups of milk in a pan. Once it comes to boil, reduce the flame and add grated carrots to it. Mix well and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the carrots gets cooked.