PURPLE APPLE SLAW
Pretty and delicious, too! The combination of the purple cabbage (a little sweeter than the green) and the apples is awesome. The dressing is my Grandma's recipe. You will be sure to impress your guests!
Provided by STARFLOWER
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the cabbage, onion, and apples. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, salt, pepper, sugar, lemon juice, and milk. Pour dressing over the cabbage mixture, and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160.4 calories, Carbohydrate 7.7 g, Cholesterol 7.2 mg, Fat 14.7 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 211.9 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
PURPLE APPLE COLE SLAW
I have not made this as yet. But was looking for recipes to serve next weekend when we are having guests who tend to like veggies. So wanted to do some experimentation. This recipe also looked like a way to use our plentiful apple crop! Cook time is minimum refrigeration time.
Provided by Christine Heinsohn
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large serving bowl toss together the cabbage, onion and apples.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing.
- Pour over the veggie mixture, and stir to coat.
- Serve chilled on a leaf of green cabbage as garnish.
APPLE-RAISIN COLE SLAW
- In a large bowl, stir together the raisins, celery seeds, mayonnaise, sour cream and apple cider vinegar. Add the cabbage, carrots, and apples, then toss to combine. Taste and season with a pinch of salt and a grind or two of pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Prepare the Poppy Seed Dressing. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients together until well blended. Set aside.
- Prepare the salad. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, scallions, parsley, and apples. Pour in the reserved dressing and toss until well blended. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving, mixing the salad at least once to evenly distribute the dressing.
FARMHOUSE APPLE COLESLAW
A friend from church gave me this apple coleslaw recipe that her grandmother handed down to her. The flavors complement each other well, while the fruit creates a refreshing change of pace from the usual coleslaw. -Jan Myers, Atlantic, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a serving bowl, combine the cabbage, apple, raisins, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 87 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 131mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
APPLE COLE SLAW
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, red apple, green apple, carrot, red bell pepper, and green onions. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Pour dressing over salad.
- My Note: You don't care for bell pepper and onions in our slaw, so I left them out and it was still scrumptious. Here is a little tip I heard about from a chef on the cable food network. As you know all veggies have quite a bit of water so if you but the cabbage in a colander and sprinkle a little salt over it. It will remove the excess water from the cabbage. This process takes about 30 minutes to an hour but it gives you a very crisp cabbage and the slaw is not watery. I did differently was to put a tablespoon of lemon juice on the apples while I chopped up the rest of the ingriedients, I did this the first time I made the salad, I didn't do it the second time and the apples turned brown after 2 days. I still added the lemon juice that the recipe calls for.
- For a change of pace, I occasionally throw in pecans or sunflower seeds for a little something different -- This has joined a list of favorites in our household! I only used 1/4 cup of brown sugar and added a couple Tbl. of cider vinegar in addition to the lemon juice.
- I always buy a pre-shredded cabbage/carrot mixture to make prep easier and also change up the apples from time to time (try Fuji or Gala, you must keep the granny smith though for the tartness). I skip the red pepper and sometimes add a little extra dressing. This is WONDERFUL and keeps for several days.
PURPLE APPLE SLAW WITH PEANUT BUTTER DRESSING
- Whisk rice wine vinegar, olive oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic together in a bowl to make a smooth dressing.
- Toss red cabbage, apples, and onion in a large salad bowl and pour dressing over slaw; toss to coat. Chill before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.9 calories, Carbohydrate 23.1 g, Fat 20.6 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 5.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 535.5 mg, Sugar 15.8 g
More about "purple apple cole slaw recipes"
APPLE COLESLAW-EASY RECIPE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
5/5 (2)Servings 8Cuisine American, SouthernCategory Side Dish
- Combine cabbage, shredded carrot, chopped apples, onion and celery seeds and toss. Whisk together mayonnaise, honey, sugar, white vinegar, black pepper and salt
- Pour over slaw. Mix well with spoon. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving. Makes about 4 cups or 8 servings.
APPLE COLESLAW - CULINARY HILL
Ratings 8Category Salad, Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 mins
- To make the dressing, whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, honey, mustard, poppy seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days in advance.
- Toss the cabbage with 1/4 cup kosher salt and set in a colander over a bowl for at least 30 minutes, tossing occasionally, to draw out some of the moisture from the cabbage. Rinse well and pat dry.
- While the cabbage is draining, Core the apples and cut them into 1/8"-thick slices. Then, stack the slices and cut them in to 1/8"-thick matchsticks. Grate the carrots on the large holes of a box grater. Slice the scallions thinly.
- In a large bowl, combine the drained cabbage, apples, carrots, cranberries, and almonds. Whisk dressing to recombine and pour over slaw. Toss until evenly coated.
PURPLE APPLE COLE SLAW - CHAMPSDIET.COM
CILANTRO COLESLAW (APPLEBEES COLESLAW RECIPE COPYCAT ...
PURPLE APPLE COLE SLAW : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
PURPLE APPLE COLE SLAW - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
PURPLE APPLE SLAW RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
RECIPE FOR PURPLE COLE SLAW - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
APPLE COLE SLAW - RECIPE GIRL
CREAMY, TANGY PURPLE COLESLAW - KIT'S KITCHEN
COLESLAW SALAD RECIPE WITH PURPLE CABBAGE
FRESH AND SIMPLE APPLE COLESLAW | A DAY IN THE KITCHEN
PURPLE COLE SLAW RECIPES VINEGAR - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
EASY PURPLE COLESLAW - LIFE & LEMONS
GREEN APPLE COLESLAW RECIPE • VEGGIE SOCIETY
SWEET AND SPICY APPLE COLESLAW - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
GREEN APPLE COLESLAW FOR PULLED PORK - SAVORY WITH SOUL
PURPLE CABBAGE & APPLE SLAW - BS IN THE KITCHEN
APPLE COLESLAW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PURPLE CABBAGE & APPLE SLAW WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE — BAKED ...
PURPLE CABBAGE AND APPLE COLESLAW WITH ORANGE DRESSING ...
APPLE SLAW RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
PURPLE APPLE COLE SLAW RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE ...
PURPLE CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW RECIPE - COUNTRY GROCER
THE BEST COLESLAW RECIPE - EASY & DELICIOUS | MOM ON TIMEOUT
PRETTY PURPLE SWEET SOUTHERN COLESLAW
COLESLAW RECIPE WITH PURPLE CABBAGE - CREATE THE MOST ...
10 BEST GRANNY SMITH APPLE COLESLAW RECIPES | YUMMLY
PURPLE COLESLAW WITH JALAPEñO AND PINEAPPLE RECIPE
PURPLE COLESLAW - UNBOUND WELLNESS
CREAMY APPLE COLE SLAW - Салат с Капусты - NATASHA'S KITCHEN
APPLE AND PECAN COLESLAW | RICARDO
PURPLE COLESLAW RECIPE | SIDE DISH RECIPES | PBS FOOD
BEST HEALTHY COLESLAW EVER (NO MAYO!) | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
PURPLE APPLE COLE SLAW RECIPE - FOOD.COM | SLAW RECIPES ...
APPLE-CABBAGE COLESLAW | MCCALLUM'S SHAMROCK PATCH
PURPLE APPLE COLE SLAW RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | PURPLE ...
APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE COLESLAW RECIPE (ALLERGY-FRIENDLY ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #low-protein #salads #side-dishes #fruit #vegetables #american #refrigerator #vegetarian #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #midwestern #healthy-2 #low-in-something #apples #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best apple coleslaw recipe?This easy recipe for Apple Coleslaw is a great addition to any gathering. Very refreshing and easy to make. 2 apples unpeeled and chopped, (can use 1 red and 1 green,. I used red delicious) Combine cabbage, shredded carrot, chopped apples, onion and celery seeds and toss.
How do you make coleslaw without it turning brown?In a large bowl, add coleslaw mix, apples, scallions, cranberries, and almonds. Drizzle with dressing to taste and toss to combine. Apple cider vinegar: In addition to lending a lovely tangy flavor to the dressing, this helps prevent the apples from browning as you store this make-ahead coleslaw recipe.
How do you chop purple cabbage for cole slaw?We recommend that you chop the purple cabbage a bit thinner than the green cabbage if you have the knife skills to do so. When it comes to homemade cole slaw, it does not get much easier than this simple recipe made with purple cabbage, carrots, lemon juice, mayonnaise and little else.
How do you make coleslaw dressing with mayonnaise?In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and celery seeds if using. Next, pour the coleslaw dressing over the cabbage and toss it until well combined.