Quince makes beautiful jam thanks to its deep pink color once cooked. It's also naturally high in pectin, so it thickens nicely without having to use thickeners. It goes very well with meats and cheeses. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Provided by Buckwheat Queen
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Wash quince under running water, removing the fuzzy outer layer with a soft sponge or fruit brush.
- Heat water and lemon juice to a simmer in a saucepan. Add quince. Bring to a boil and add sugar and cinnamon stick. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until fruit is soft, about 45 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat; discard cinnamon stick. Mix in lemon zest. Pass hot mixture through a sieve into a bowl to create a semi-smooth consistency. Allow to cool and thicken before pouring into sealable jars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183.2 calories, Carbohydrate 47.9 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 0.4 g, Sodium 4.4 mg, Sugar 33.3 g
A traditional quince jelly recipe, using lemon scented geranium leaves, given to me by my Greek neighbour here on the beautiful Island of Crete. A wonderfull addition to any cheese board or pork dish.
Provided by aretecrete
Yield Makes Jars
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Firstly, I wash and chop up enough whole quinces to fill my biggest pan, I don't bother weighing them as I am only interested in the amount of juice I have at the end.
- Pour in enough water to cover and boil until soft, approximately 2 hours.
- Pour the whole mixture into a clean, ironed, pillowcase. I iron on a high heat just before I pour in the mixture.
- Here comes the tricky bit, tie the top of the pillowcase with string and then tie the string to an upturned chair. I place a large bowl or pan, big enough to catch all the drips, underneath and place a cloth over the whole thing to keep the flies off. Leave to drip overnight.
- Measure the amount of fluid you have in the pan next day and add 500g of white granulated sugar for each 600ml of juice.
- Throw in a few lemon scented geranium leaves and the juice of one lemon. Boil until it reaches setting point, I find this by spooning some of the juice onto a cooled plate and looking for the wrinkles on top. Don't worry if you get the setting point wrong and you find your jellys not set the next day, just pop it back into the pan and boil again.
- Remove the geranium leaves and spoon off any scum on the top. Pour the, now beautiful red coloured, liquid into sterilized jars. I sterilize mine by boiling them for 10mins and then once filled with the hot liquid, screw the lids (also boiled with the jars) on tightly. I then turn the jars upside down and leave for about an hour before turning them upright again.
- All done, just remember the jelly tastes better if you can leave it for a few weeks.
More about "quince jam recipes"
QUINCE JAM (EASY, 3 INGREDIENTS) - YANG'S NOURISHING …
5/5 (7)Total Time 50 minsCategory Breakfast, CondimentCalories 352 per serving
- Core and cut the quince into big pieces. Quince skin contains high level of pectin, do not peel the quince.
- Then use a food processor to chop the quince into desired size for the jam, not too big and not too smooth either, for a chunky texture. I process the quince to the size of half to a full grain of rice.
- In a sauce pan, bring the chopped quince and water to a boil. Turn to medium heat, cover the sauce pan with a lid, and simmer the quince for about 30 minutes.
- Check the quince and stir often near the end, to ensure the quince sauce is not burned. If the quince sauce is not thick enough, remove the lid and continue cooking while stirring until the sauce is a little thicker than what you desire (it will thin out more later after adding sugar and lemon juice). I like my quince jelly thick, so I let as much water evaporate as possible.
HOMEMADE QUINCE JAM - PRACTICAL SELF RELIANCE
4.2/5 (30)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- Peel, core and chop the quince as you would an apple. Simmer them in a bit of water until they turn a rosy color and fall apart (about 30 to 45 minutes). Add water as necessary to prevent the pan from running dry.
- Stir the quince to help break them up a bit, then add lemon juice and sugar. I like a low sugar recipe, with 2 cups of sugar. The "standard" recipe is 3 cups, so adjust to your own tastes.
- Pour into prepared canning jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace and either store in the refrigerator for immediate use or process in a water bath canner for 5 minutes.
QUINCE JAM - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsCategory JamCalories 494 per serving
- When the sugar is dissolved, add the quince cubes, and leave to cook for about 2 hours or until the quinces are soft and turned into a deep orange colour, and the liquid has the consistency of honey.
QUINCE JAM RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.7/5 (22)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 46 per serving
QUINCE STRAWBERRY JAM | LEFTY SPOON
QUINCE JAM | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
QUINCE JELLY RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES - LESS STRESS.
QUINCE JAM - MEDITERRANEAN LATIN LOVE AFFAIR
QUINCE JAM RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
GREEK RECIPE FOR MARMALATHA KYTHONI (QUINCE JAM)
QUINCE JAM RECIPE (QUINCE PRESERVERS RECIPE) | HILDA'S …
3-INGREDIENT QUINCE JELLY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY QUINCE JAM - SUGARLOVESPICES
27 RECIPES FOR QUINCE, AUTUMN'S MOST MYSTERIOUS FRUIT
QUINCE JAM RECIPE | ABEL & COLE
QUINCE JAM | SO DELICIOUS
QUINCE JAM | ALLYSON GOFTON
QUINCE JAM - TASTE OF BEIRUT
QUINCE JAM RECIPE DELIA SMITH - WHOLEALLSPICE
MICROWAVE QUINCE JAM :: QUICK AND SIMPLE RECIPES
QUINCE JAM RECIPE DELIA SMITH - CUTECOOLER
EASY QUINCE AND APPLE JAM - SIMPLY HEALTHY VEGAN
QUINCE JELLY RECIPE - GRIT
EASY QUINCE JAM RECIPE IN THE BREADMAKING MACHINE
QUINCE JAM: RECIPES AND PAIRINGS | LAZZARIS MAGAZINE
OUR FAVORITE RECIPES FEATURING QUINCE, A FRAGRANT FALL FRUIT
PERFECT QUINCE JAM - RAMONA'S CUISINE
QUINCE JAM RECIPE - EASY PRESERVE TO MAKE AT HOME - COCOA
PERSIAN QUINCE JAM RECIPE | IRANIAN MORABA BEH
QUINCE JAM RECIPE - RECIPEYUM
MAGGIE BEER QUINCE JAM | COMMUNITY RECIPES - NIGELLA LAWSON
QUINCE JAM | WOOLWORTHS TASTE
12+ EASY QUINCE RECIPES - COOK.ME RECIPES
20 EASY QUINCE RECIPES THAT ARE SUPER FRUITY - INSANELY GOOD
8 DELICIOUS QUINCE DESSERT RECIPES - MAROCMAMA
4-INGREDIENT ALL-NATURAL QUINCE JAM - SUSTAIN MY COOKING HABIT
QUINCE JAM RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
QUINCE JAM RECIPE: 6 USES FOR QUINCE JAM - 2022
15+ QUINCE RECIPES THAT ARE FULL OF FRUITY FLAVOR
QUINCE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CHAPTER 21: QUINCE JAM - 67 JAM RECIPES
QUINCE JAM RECIPES : QUINCE AND PEAR JAM - BEEF JAM
HOMEMADE QUINCE JAM RECIPE - YUMMYNOTES.NET
QUINCE JAM RECIPE DELIA SMITH - BUN WITH ICING
QUINCE JAM | RICARDO
You'll also love