QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a deep baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Mix quinoa and water together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until fragrant and slightly translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add zucchini, eggplant, and tomato; cook until slightly tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir tomato sauce into vegetable mixture; cover and simmer until vegetables have softened, about 10 more minutes.
- Stir quinoa into vegetable mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Fill bell peppers with quinoa-vegetable mixture. Place peppers in prepared baking dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bell peppers are slightly tender, about 18 minutes. Remove aluminum foil cover; sprinkle peppers with mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is bubbling and melted, about 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250.6 calories, Carbohydrate 32.4 g, Cholesterol 12.1 mg, Fat 9.6 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 11.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 347.5 mg, Sugar 7.5 g
VEGETARIAN AND BLACK BEAN QUINOA STUFFED POBLANOS RECIPE BY TASTY
Kick your weeknight dinner up a notch with these flavor-packed stuffed poblano peppers. Full of protein-packed quinoa and black beans, these peppers are way more than a side dish. Try using dairy-free cheese to make them vegan!
Provided by Rachel Gaewski
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with a reusable baking mat or parchment paper.
- Arrange poblanos on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until the skins begin to turn brown and pull away from the flesh.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the red onion, season with salt, and sauté for 3 minutes, until beginning to soften. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the cumin, coriander, and cayenne and stir to coat the vegetables with the spices.
- Add the quinoa, beans, corn, tomato sauce, and lime juice and season with salt. Stir to combine, then cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Transfer the roasted poblanos to a bowl and cover with a plate or plastic wrap. Steam for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- Peel the skins off the poblanos. Leaving the stem intact, cut a slit lengthwise down each pepper to form a pouch. With a small spoon, carefully remove the seeds. The poblano flesh will be delicate-it's fine if it tears a bit.
- Lay the peeled poblanos side by side in a greased 9-x13-inch (22 cm x 33 cm) baking dish. Stuff each pepper with about ½ cup of the filling. Top each pepper with 2 tablespoons of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake the stuffed peppers for 15-20 minutes, until the filling is completely warmed through and the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Serve the peppers garnished with cilantro leaves and serve with avocado slices and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366 calories, Carbohydrate 48 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 16 grams, Sugar 3 grams
QUINOA STUFFED POBLANOS
This Recipe #243689 gives four different ways to roast your poblanos.The chili's range in heat so taste a little piece if not to hot go ahead and add some pepper flakes if desired to the filling. Serve as an appetizer, side or a main vegetarian meal.
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of a casserole dish.
- In a large pan heat oil.
- Saute celery,shallots, mushrooms, garlic for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and dried spices cook 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except for the shredded cheese and chili`s. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your likings.
- Fill chili`s distributing the filling among the halves and place cut side up in the prepared casserole.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
CHORIZO & QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS WITH ADOBO CHILE T
I looked at several recipes to create my own with the ingredients I wanted to use. These came out so well, I thought I would share the recipe. My young boys actually ate this, I made a mild version for them, and my husband loved it. If you like spicy, you will love it with 3-4 chile peppers. Bon Appetit!
Provided by jenguinn_7248257
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Tomato sauce:.
- Put diced tomatoes, garlic, and chipotle peppers into a food processor or blender and blend until relatively smooth. Pour sauce into a medium saucepan, add sugar, and bring to bubbling and then simmer on medium-low while you prepare the rest of the recipe (about 15-20 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- Brown chorizo sausage in a large saute pan or skillet with 1 t chili powder, oregano, and cumin. Remove and set aside.
- Pour olive oil into the same pan over medium-high heat and add onion/bell pepper. Saute about 5 minutes, until soft. Add diced tomato and cook for about 2-3 more minutes. Stir in quinoa, chorizo, tomato and remaining teaspoon of chili powder . Mix well.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spread half of the tomato sauce in a large casserole dish. Stuff the peppers with the chorizo/quinoa mixture and arrange them in the casserole dish. Ladle the remaining sauce over the peppers and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake another 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, diced avocado, and serve with refried black beans and tortilla chips or tortillas.
More about "quinoa stuffed poblanos recipes"
QUINOA-STUFFED POBLANO CHILES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (18)Calories 329 per servingServings 4
- Cut chiles in half lengthwise; remove stems and seeds. Set aside. Combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 13 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell peppers, onion, jalapeño pepper, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add pumpkin seed kernels; saute 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in quinoa, green onions, cilantro, soy sauce, and lime juice. Spoon 1/3 cup quinoa mixture into each chile half.
- Pour tomato juice into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; place stuffed chiles in dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over chiles; bake, uncovered, an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts and chiles are thoroughly heated. Spoon tomato juice over chiles.
QUINOA STUFFED POBLANOS - FOR THE LOVE OF GOURMET
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
QUINOA-STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - MEALTHY.COM
QUINOA CORN AND BLACK BEAN STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS
RECIPE: QUINOA-STUFFED POBLANOS WITH MOLE SAUCE
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS WITH BLACK BEANS AND QUINOA
CHARRED POBLANOS STUFFED WITH SWEET CORN AND BLACK …
QUINOA AND SAUSAGE STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS RECIPE
ROASTED POBLANOS STUFFED WITH CORN AND QUINOA
QUINOA-STUFFED POBLANOS WITH GRILLED ROMESCO SAUCE …
CHEESY CHICKEN & QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS
QUINOA-STUFFED POBLANO CHILES RECIPE - HONEST COOKING
STUFFED POBLANO QUINOA BAKE - DOMESTICATE ME
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS WITH QUINOA SALAD
QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS | FOOD NETWORK HEALTHY …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPER | PAULA DEEN
QUINOA-STUFFED POBLANOS WITH GRILLED ROMESCO SAUCE …
QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - GINGER AND BAKER
THE GOOD DISH DAPHNE OZ'S QUINOA-STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS
SHREDDED BEEF, BLACK BEAN AND QUINOA STUFFED POBLANOS
QUESO STUFFED POBLANOS RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
VENISON & QUINOA STUFFED POBLANOS - SWEET BEGINNINGS BLOG
QUINOA BLACK BEAN STUFFED POBLANOS + LIME CREMA - LIVEBEST
QUINOA-STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
QUINOA STUFFED POBLANOS - PLAIN.RECIPES
VEGETARIAN STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - THE LIVE-IN KITCHEN
QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
ROASTED STUFFED POBLANOS WITH SMOKY QUINOA, SWEET POTATOES …
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
QUINOA-STUFFED POBLANO CHILES RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
CHEESY ANDOUILLE AND QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS WITH CORN, BEANS, AND QUINOA
HOW TO USE POBLANO PEPPERS | FOOD & WINE
TURKEY AND QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - FRESH FOOD BITES
BLACK BEAN QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS RECIPE| RECIPES.NET
STUFFED POBLANO WITH MOLE NEGRO SAUCE - FEASTING AT HOME
QUINOA AND CHICKEN STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS | SWEET CAYENNE
STUFFED POBLANO CHILE PEPPERS - CLEAN EATING
VEGETARIAN STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS | THE PICKY EATER
VEGETARIAN STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - VANILLA AND BEAN
QUINOA + TEMPEH STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS RECIPE TO TRY
QUINOA-STUFFED POBLANO CHILES - YOGA JOURNAL
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #side-dishes #vegetables #mexican #oven #vegetarian #grains #stove-top #south-american #dietary #spicy #peruvian #pasta-rice-and-grains #peppers #taste-mood #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love