RAINBOW PINATA CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour four 9-inch cake pans.
- Whisk flour, 1 teaspoon salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Beat 1 1/2 cup butter in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in white sugar on high speed, scraping the bowl with a spatula as needed, until fully incorporated, about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to medium-high; beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- Mix flour mixture into the creamed butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk, until batter is smooth and slightly thick.
- Divide batter evenly among 4 bowls. Tint each portion of batter with green, blue, purple, or pink food coloring; stir until smooth. Pour batter into the prepared baking pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Set baking pans on wire racks and let cakes cool completely, about 25 minutes.
- Beat 1 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer fitted with a clean paddle attachment until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add confectioners' sugar, heavy cream, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract; beat on low speed for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Increase speed to high and beat frosting until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Cut a 4-inch circle out of the center of 2 cake layers using a round cookie cutter.
- Place one of the intact cake layers on a cake stand or serving plate. Frost the top using an offset spatula or butter knife. Position one of the cake rings on top. Spread frosting over the top and inside the circle. Repeat with second cake ring. Fill the hole with candies and sprinkles. Place remaining cake layer on top. Frost the top and sides of the entire cake.
- Tint any remaining frosting with pink food coloring and pipe decoratively over the cake. Cut cake into slices; spoon any candies that spill out over the slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 913.4 calories, Carbohydrate 127.4 g, Cholesterol 163.5 mg, Fat 42.9 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 6.9 g, SaturatedFat 24.9 g, Sodium 327.1 mg, Sugar 98.6 g
More about "rainbow pinata cake recipes"
RAINBOW PINATA CAKE RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
Servings 8Total Time 3 hrs 30 minsCategory Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease two 9 round baking pans with shortening. Dust pans with flour and tap to remove excess.
- Beat cake mix and softened butter on low speed until combined. Add water and eggs and beat on low to combine. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Equally divide batter among the two round cake pans (13 ounces in each.) Bake for 22-26 minutes until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Measure and cut cakes in half, so you have four rainbow shaped cakes. Set the cakes on top of each other to make sure they are all the same size. If not, cut off any excess.
- Set two of the rainbow shaped cake pieces aside. Lay the two remaining cakes flat on a cutting board. Trim off the rounded tops of each cake so that these cakes can be sandwiched flat in between the other two cakes. Then, use a sharp knife to cut a smaller rainbow shape out of the centers of these two cakes, making a well for the candy.
RAINBOW PIñATA CAKE - BAKING IDEAS, RECIPES & TIPS
- In a large bowl place the 1st batch of sponge mixture Stork, sugar, vanilla, eggs and self-raising flour. Whisk everything together for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Divide the sponge mixture evenly between three bowls. Then put a few drops of green food colouring into one bowl, blue into another and yellow into the last bowl. Stir until each of the colours are well mixed in. Place each different coloured cake mix into a baking tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven (180°C, 160C fan, Gas 4) for 25-30 minutes. Check that the cakes are cooked by sticking a skewer in the middle. If it comes out clean then the cakes are ready.
RAINBOW PIñATA BIRTHDAY CAKE | CAKE RECIPES | SBS FOOD
3.2/5 Servings 40Cuisine AustralianCategory Dessert
RAINBOW PINATA CAKE - EASY CAKE BATTER - STEVE'S KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
FLOUR SHOP RAINBOW CAKE - THERESCIPES.INFO
RAINBOW PINATA CAKE | FUN FAMILY CRAFTS
RAINBOW PIñATA CAKE RECIPE | FIONA'S FOOD - YOUTUBE
DIY RAINBOW PINATA CAKE TUTORIAL - FABARTDIY.COM
AMAZING RAINBOW SPRINKLE PINATA CAKE - CAKE LOVERS
RAINBOW PINATA CAKE RECIPE - RECIPEYUM
RAINBOW PINATA CAKE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RAINBOW SPRINKLE PINATA CAKE RECIPE | DR. OETKER
RAINBOW PIñATA CAKE | EASY RECIPES | BETTY CROCKER AU
RAINBOW PINATA CAKE - STEVE'S KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE RAINBOW PINATA CAKE - YOUTUBE
RAINBOW PINATA CAKE WITH A POT OF GOLD ... - LITTLE DOVE BLOG
RAINBOW PINATA CAKE — EAT DRINK LAOS
RAINBOW SPRINKLE PINATA CAKE RECIPE | DR. OETKER
HOW TO MAKE A RAINBOW LAYER CAKE WITH A CANDY SURPRISE ...
RAINBOW PIñATA CAKE - ASDA GOOD LIVING
RAINBOW PINATA CAKE - BIRTHDAY CAKE RECIPES
SURPRISE PINATA RAINBOW CAKE - RED TED ART - MAKE CRAFTING ...
RAINBOW PIñATA CAKE - BOSH!
20 RAINBOW RECIPES FOR PRIDE MONTH | ALLRECIPES
RAINBOW PIñATA CAKE RECIPE | BAKING RECIPES | BETTY CROCKER
RAINBOW PINATA CAKE RECIPE (DAIRY FREE) - DAIRY FREE KIDS
BIRTHDAY CAKE RECIPE: RAINBOW PINATA CAKE BY SALLY’S ...
HOW TO MAKE AN EXPLOSION CAKE (PIñATA CAKE)
RAINBOW PINATA CUPCAKES | HOW TO MAKE RAINBOW PINATA ...
RAINBOW PIñATA CAKE - SUGAR AND CRUMBS MIXING IT UP - RECIPES
RAINBOW PINATA CAKE | RECIPESTY
RAINBOW CAKE! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
RAINBOW PINATA CAKE | DESSERTS, CUPCAKE CAKES, EAT CAKE
'RAINBOW EXPLOSION' CAKE - TODAY.COM
RAINBOW PINATA CAKE | RECIPE | DESSERTS, CAKE, CUPCAKE CAKES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What color is the cake at a pinata party?Watch guests' faces light up as you cut into this towering blue, pink, green, and purple layer cake filled with candies and sprinkles like a pinata. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
How do you make a rainbow cake?Prepare your cake pans: Line 2 to 3 (9-inch) round cake pans with parchment paper rounds and coat with cooking spray. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 350°F. (Image credit: Lauren Volo) Each layer is a different color, and there's a candy surprise inside this ultimate rainbow cake.
How do you make red cake with food coloring?First, coat two (9-inch) cake pans with cooking spray and a round of parchment paper. Then weigh out 12 1/2 ounces of batter (this is roughly 2 cups) into a clean bowl. Add a teaspoon of red food coloring and mix gently to combine. Pour the red batter into one of the prepared cake pans, scraping as much batter from the bowl as possible.
How long do you bake a red and yellow cake?Split the mixture evenly into three bowls, and add three of the colours each (for example, red, yellow and orange .) Bake the cakes in the oven for 30 minutes (or until baked - test with a skewer). Once baked, leave the cakes to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool fully.