RED STRIPE CHICKEN
- Clean chicken (leave skins on).
- Combine scallions, thyme, garlic and pepper together in a blender or pound with a mallet until combined.
- Add mixed seasoning to chicken along with jerk seasoning and let sit for 15-20 minutes to marinate.
- Combine flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Add cooking oil to a hot skillet (medium fire).
- Coat chicken in flour mixture until fully covered.
- Add chicken pieces to hot oil (medium fire) turn chicken pieces until golden brown.Remove and set to cool.
- Sauce/Chicken dip.
- Mix together tomato paste, red stripe, brown sugar and browning in a bowl.
- Dip fried chicken in sauce until fully coated and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1012.5, Fat 58.5, SaturatedFat 12.3, Cholesterol 150, Sodium 1011.4, Carbohydrate 74.8, Fiber 5.9, Sugar 19.4, Protein 48.2
SPICY RED CURRY CHICKEN AND RICE
- In a small bowl, whisk the coconut milk with the curry paste and fish sauce until combined. Heat a large skillet until very hot. Add 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil and heat until just smoking. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet in a single layer. Cook over high heat, turning once, until the chicken is browned but not cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and pour off the fat in the skillet. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the skillet. Add the shiitake caps and stir-fry over high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the ginger and garlic, stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken, red curry mixture and the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken and curry sauce to a serving bowl and garnish with peanuts and cilantro. Serve immediately with rice and lime wedges.
CHICKEN IN BEER, JAMAICAN " RED STRIPE "
From "Jamaica run-dung" By Teresa E. Cleary I haven't tried this one yet but I think another aromatic or two, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, or basil might be a good addition.
Provided by PalauanPancake
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Brown chicken pieces in oil.
- After browning pour off excess oil, leaving two tablespoons in pan.
- Return chicken to pan, pour in coconut cream and beer, leave to simmer over a very low flame for about 30 minutes.
- Cut up onion and sweet pepper add to chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer another 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and the liquid has been reduced to a gravy.
- If liquid dries out too quickly replenish with remaining beer in bottle.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 994.4, Fat 76.7, SaturatedFat 42.9, Cholesterol 207, Sodium 293.5, Carbohydrate 21.7, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 15.2, Protein 57.4
THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY
This is a quick and easy curry stir-fry made with chicken, zucchini, red bell pepper and carrot. Coconut milk and curry paste make an irresistible sauce. No need to go out to eat, as this dish is ready in about 20 minutes!
Provided by THEKNACKEREDCHEF
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces; cook and stir for about 3 minutes. Mix in the curry paste, zucchini, bell pepper, carrot and onion. Cook and stir for a few minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the coconut milk, then pour into the skillet. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for 1 minutes. Right before serving, stir in the cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.6 calories, Carbohydrate 11.2 g, Cholesterol 58.5 mg, Fat 15.8 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 25.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 147.2 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
RED PEPPER CHICKEN
Chicken breasts are treated to black beans, red peppers and juicy tomatoes in this Southwestern supper. We love it served with rice plumped up in chicken broth. -Piper Spiwak, Vienna, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, red peppers, onion and pepper. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender, about 6 hours. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 657mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
EASY CHICKEN STRIPS
I came up with these crispy strips one night when I was looking for a fast new way to serve chicken. They also make delightful appetizers, especially when served with barbecue or sweet-and-sour sauce for dunking. -Crystal Sheckles-Gibson, Beespring, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, combine flour and seasoned salt. Place cornflakes and butter in separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in butter and coat with cornflakes., Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and juices run clear, 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 87mg cholesterol, Sodium 438mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 25g protein.
More about "red stripe chicken recipes"
RED STRIPE CHICKEN - JAMAICANS.COM
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
JAMAICAN RED STRIPE CHICKEN RECIPE | JAMAICA SCENE
JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN - TASTE THE ISLANDS
RED STRIPE BEER CHICKEN - MY RECIPE COLLECTION | FACEBOOK
PADMA LAKSHMI'S RED STRIPE BEER CHICKEN RECIPE
OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN JAMAICAN STYLE| RED STRIPE LEMON BEER
CHICKEN IN BEER, JAMAICAN " RED STRIPE
10 BEST CHICKEN BREAST STRIPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
RED STRIPE CHICKEN (HEALTHY & DIABETIC-FRIENDLY RECIPE #11)
JAMAICAN RED STRIPE CHICKEN - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
COOK IT: RED STRIPE CHICKEN - SEATTLEPI.COM
JAMAICAN RED STRIPE CHICKEN RECIPE
CHICKEN BREAST FILLETS WITH RED & YELLOW PEPPERS RECIPE
TIMETOEATMON: RED STRIPE BEER CHICKEN
RED STRIPE CHICKEN - BIGOVEN.COM
EASY BUTTERMILK AND FRANKS RED HOT SAUCE MARINATED CHICKEN …
RECIPE: DRUNKEN JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN (COURTESY OF VISIT JAMAICA)
RED STRIPE CHICKEN AND GIFT THEFT - RECIPESAREMEMORIES.COM
RED STRIPE JAMAICAN CHICKEN | COOKING, POULTRY RECIPES, EASY …
RED STRIPE CHICKEN RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
RECIPE: CHICKEN BREAST SAUTéED IN SWEET RED ONION & LEMON
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CHICKEN STRIPS 3 WAYS | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN STRIPS RECIPE (PAN-FRIED) | KITCHN
AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN - A RECIPE BY EXECUTIVE CHEF …
RED STRIPE CHICKEN - MENU - JAMAICA GATES - ARLINGTON
BEST CHICKEN TENDERS RECIPE - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
BEER CAN CHICKEN WITH GRAVY - SISTERS DO FOOD
RED STRIPE CHICKEN | COOKING, EASY CHICKEN RECIPES, POULTRY RECIPES
RED STRIPE JAMAICAN LAGER: TASTING NOTES AND REVIEW
RED STRIPE CHICKEN, JAMAICAN FLAVORS GALORE | TROPICAL FOODIES
RED CHICKEN CURRY (WITH DELICIOUS CURRY SAUCE) - RASA MALAYSIA
RED STRIPE BEER RECIPE - CHARREDBISTROBAR
SOUTHERN FRIED JERK CHICKEN RECIPE - JAMAICANS.COM
RED STRIPE CHICKEN | HIGH PROTEIN RECIPES, HEALTHY GRILLING, …
PADMA LAKSHMI'S RED STRIPE BEER CHICKEN - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
RED STRIPE BARBECUE RIBS (KARIBE COLLAB) ON TRIVET RECIPES
RED STRIPE CHICKEN | HEALTHY GRILLING, HEALTHY HIGH PROTEIN MEALS, …
#time-to-make #preparation #occasion #dinner-party #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Are homemade chicken strips easy to make?Forget the freezer aisle, making homemade chicken strips is easy. Chicken strips, also known as chicken tenders, chicken fingers, chicken fillets, or chicken goujons, are always a family-friendly dinner option. But why is it that we often choose to forego the homemade option and opt for fast-food or freezer-aisle chicken strips instead?
How long does it take to fry chicken strips?Fry the chicken in small batches for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove the chicken and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. For a healthier, and more hands-off approach to making chicken strips, baking is the way to go.
How to cook chicken strips in a bread crumb mix?Dip two chicken strips into the egg and place into the bread crumb mixture. Shake to coat. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining strips.
Are chicken strips a good family dinner option?Chicken strips, also known as chicken tenders, chicken fingers, chicken fillets, or chicken goujons, are always a family-friendly dinner option. But why is it that we often choose to forego the homemade option and opt for fast-food or freezer-aisle chicken strips instead?