COCONUT PUDDING WITH ROASTED RHUBARB
- For the crust: Combine the pistachios, sugar and salt in a food processor and blend to a coarse crumb. Add the coconut oil and pulse until the mixture crumbles together. Distribute the mixture among 8 serving glasses and use a muddler or the back of a spoon to press it down evenly and firmly. Set aside.
- For the malabi: Whisk together the cornstarch, vanilla bean paste, coconut extract, rosewater, if using, and 1/2 cup coconut milk in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the sugar, salt and the remaining coconut milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, whisking often, until simmering, then pour in the cornstarch mixture in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly. Continue to cook, whisking, until the mixture has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Taste and adjust the extracts and flavorings as desired. Divide the mixture among the 8 serving glasses (about 1/2 cup in each), then cover and chill for 4 hours or up to overnight.
- For the rhubarb: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spread the rhubarb on a rimmed baking sheet and top it with the sugar, vanilla bean paste, salt and lemon zest. Cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and roast for another 15 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. (Store overnight refrigerated in an airtight container if making this the day before.) Spoon directly on top of the malabi before serving.
RHUBARB & COCONUT RIPPLES
Add a little bit of the Caribbean to rhubarb fool
Provided by Gary Rhodes
Categories Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Put the rhubarb into a pan with 100g/4oz sugar and the honey and cook over a low heat for 15-20 minutes until completely softened. Taste and add more sugar if necessary. Spoon the rhubarb into a sieve set over a bowl. This will release some of the rhubarb juices, which will provide a syrup. Leave until cold.
- Whip the double cream to soft peaks. If the rhubarb pulp is very pale, mix in a little grenadine to give it more of a pink tone. Now mix the coconut cream into the rhubarb pulp, and add 100ml/3½fl oz of the rhubarb juices. Lightly fold in the cream, leaving the rhubarb with a rippled effect.
- Divide the mousse between 6 glasses and firm them up in the fridge. This should take a couple of hours, but they will keep for up to 24 hours. When you're ready to serve, top each mousse with a trickle of rhubarb syrup, a broken macaroon and a sprinkling of coconut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 443 calories, Fat 32 grams fat, SaturatedFat 20 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 36 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 31 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.09 milligram of sodium
RHUBARB COCONUT COOKIES
At our garden club fund-raiser, each group within the club serves a different kind of food. These cookies are made by the "rhubarb group"...and they are always the first to sell out!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add egg; beat well. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Mix well. Stir in rhubarb, nuts, raisins and coconut. , Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252 calories, Fat 12g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 120mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (23g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
COCONUT CUSTARD AND RHUBARB TART
Dairy-free, flourless, kosher for Passover, and pretty in pink-this rhubarb-topped tart is just the thing for all of your spring celebrations. Adding coconut oil to the coconut milk custard gives it an extra-indulgent and intensely coconut-y flavor.
Provided by Kat Boytsova
Categories Passover Dairy Free Dessert Tart Coconut Egg Vanilla Jam or Jelly Rhubarb Wheat/Gluten-Free Spring Easter Kosher for Passover Kosher
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Bring coconut milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Whisk egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl to combine. Whisking constantly, gradually add 1 cup warmed coconut milk to egg yolk mixture. Whisking constantly, add egg mixture to milk mixture in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 7 minutes (mixture should start bubbling halfway through and thicken to a pudding consistency, but be sure to cook the full 7 minutes).
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. Immediately whisk in coconut oil and vanilla. Cover bowl with plastic, pressing on surface of custard. Chill until set, at least 2 hours.
- Do Ahead: Custard can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Toast coconut on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until golden, 7-10 minutes. Let cool.
- Lightly coat tart pan with nonstick spray. Mix toasted coconut, egg whites, oil, sugar, and salt with a rubber spatula in a large bowl until combined and the consistency of a stiff paste.
- Transfer coconut mixture to tart pan. Using your hands, press mixture evenly onto bottom and up sides of pan. Bake crust until edges are lightly brown and bottom is set and just barely golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let crust cool.
- Do Ahead: Crust can be baked 1 day ahead. Wrap with plastic and store at room temperature.
- Rhubarb Syrup and Assembly
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water in a small bowl. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Combine jelly and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add bloomed gelatin and mix to combine. Add rhubarb, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is lighter pink in color and slightly softened, 2-4 minutes depending on thickness of stalks. Mix in lemon juice. Turn off heat and let rhubarb come to room temperature in syrup (about 1 hour). Strain cooled rhubarb through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl; reserve syrup.
- Whisk chilled custard until creamy. Spoon custard into tart shell; smooth with an offset spatula.
- Scatter rhubarb in an even layer over custard. Pour 1/4 cup rhubarb syrup over fruit, tilting pan to evenly distribute. Chill 20 minutes, then repeat with 1/4 cup rhubarb syrup. Chill tart at least 3 hours and up to overnight before serving.
BEST RHUBARB CAKE EVER!! (WITH COCONUT TOPPING)
This is my grandma's recipe that has been passed down through our family. Even people who don't like rhubarb LOVE this cake!! You can't beat the coconut topping you broil on top!! Yum!!
Provided by Amy Loo
Yield 15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Wash rhubarb & dice.
- Combine the rhubarb with the 1/2 cup of sugar, set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingrediants, mix on medium to high speed for at least a minute.
- Add the rhubarb & sugar mixture into the batter.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan, bake at 350 for about 1 hour (you may want to start checking on it at 45 minutes depending on your oven).
- Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes.
- Combine Topping ingrediants in a small saucepan, over medium heat disolve the sugar and melt the butter.
- Spread onto the top of the cake, then place under the broiler until topping begins to bubble (Be careful not to burn!).
- Remove from oven.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312.7, Fat 8.2, SaturatedFat 5.4, Cholesterol 42.4, Sodium 241.9, Carbohydrate 57.6, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 42.2, Protein 3.6
COCONUT RHUBARB DESSERT
What a delicious treat! Tart rhubarb is sweetened with crunchy pecans and flaked coconut, while a cake mix proves a tender base. -Connie Korger, Green Bay, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, water and, if desired, food coloring. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender; cool slightly. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cake mix. Top with coconut and pecans. Drizzle with butter., Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "rhubarb coconut ripples recipes"
COCONUT RHUBARB CRUNCH - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
5/5 (18)Category DessertCuisine AmericanCalories 615 per serving
COCONUT RHUBARB LOAF – RECIPES BY JENN
RECIPE: COCONUT CREAM FOOL WITH RASPBERRIES | KITCHN
RHUBARB AND BANANA COCONUT CRUMBLE - HEALTHY FOOD …
RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY RIPPLE FROYO — GREEN KITCHEN …
HOW TO MAKE GUILT FREE AND PALEO RHUBARB COCONUT POPSICLES
RHUBARB RIPPLE FOOL - EAT WELL RECIPE - NZ HERALD
5 RECIPE FOR RHUBARB CUSTARD CAKE
COCONUT AND RHUBARB RECIPES - SUPERCOOK.COM
EVAPORATED MILK AND RHUBARB RECIPES - SUPERCOOK
RHUBARB & ORANGE RIPPLE | ABEL & COLE
RHUBARB & ORANGE RIPPLE | ABEL & COLE
RHUBARB & COCONUT RIPPLES | RECIPE | RHUBARB, BBC GOOD FOOD …
RHUBARB & COCONUT RIPPLES | RECIPE | RHUBARB RECIPES, HEALTHY …
RECIPE: RHUBARB-COCONUT GLORIES | THE SEATTLE TIMES
COCONUT RHUBARB COCKTAIL - HONEST COOKING
EASY RHUBARB RIPPLE MINI PAVLOVAS — MIRANDA'S NOTEBOOK
COCONUT RHUBARB BAR | SWEET & SPICY
COCONUT RHUBARB CAKE | RECIPE | RHUBARB DESSERTS, COCONUT …
RHUBARB & COCONUT RIPPLES | RECIPE | RHUBARB RECIPES, RHUBARB …
RHUBARB RIPPLE ICE CREAM SANDWICH RECIPE - FOODHOUSEHOME.COM
RHUBARB COCONUT BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
RHUBARB RIPPLE COFFEECAKE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
RHUBARB RIPPLE MASCARPONE TART IN 2022 | RHUBARB RECIPES, …
RHUBARB COCONUT BREAD PUDDLNG RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
RECIPE: RHUBARB AND COCONUT CRUMBLE - APRIL EVERYDAY
47 RHUBARB AND CUSTARD CAKE RECIPE UK
MICHELLE'SWEET RECIPES: RHUBARB & COCONUT RIPPLES
INDIVIDUAL RHUBARB RIPPLE PAVLOVAS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RHUBARB COCONUT BARS - BIGOVEN.COM
RHUBARB AND COCONUT MERINGUE TART RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
RHUBARB AND COCONUT RICE PUDDING RECIPE – EASY RECIPES
RHUBARB COCONUT FLIP - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love