RICH CRANBERRY COFFEE CAKE
When our children come home for the holidays, I make sure to bake this coffee cake. I always use fresh berries in season, then put a few bags in the freezer for later on. That way, we can enjoy this moist cake anytime we want! -Mildred Schwartzentruber, Tavistock, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition., Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Mix remaining flour with cranberries and nuts; fold into batter. Batter will be very thick. Spoon into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. , Bake for 65-70 minutes or until cake tests done. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool on a wire rack. Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337 calories, Fat 20g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 99mg cholesterol, Sodium 285mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
Whip up a classic coffee cake with ease. You can freeze the sponges if you want to save time later on. Ideal for a bake sale, birthday party or coffee morning
Provided by sianie
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan. Line and butter two 18cm sandwich tins. Add the sugar and butter to a bowl and whisk until very fluffy and pale.
- Whisk the eggs in a mug with a fork, then add them gradually to the mixture with 1 tbsp of flour each time. (Make sure you don't use all the flour.) When the eggs have been fully combined into the mix, add the rest of the flour and fold it in gently.
- Add the dissolved coffee to the mixture, still folding. Divide into the sandwich tins and cook for 25-30 min until risen and firm and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Can be frozen at this stage.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by beating the icing sugar with the butter until light and fluffy, then add the dissolved coffee. Whisk, then cover and set aside until ready to ice the cake.
- Spread half the icing on the bottom of one sponge and spread the strawberry jam on the bottom of the other, if using. Sandwich together, then spread the remaining icing on top. Decorate with walnuts or cherries, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 559 calories, Fat 30 grams fat, SaturatedFat 18 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 66 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 49 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 1.1 milligram of sodium
RICH COFFEE CAKE
Cinnamon-pecan swirls and a chocolaty drizzle enhance this tender coffee cake. -Gaytha Holloway, Marion, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Combine sour cream and vanilla; add to creamed mixture alternately with dry ingredients just until combined., Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle 2 tablespoons into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spoon half of the batter over topping; sprinkle with half of the remaining topping. Drizzle with half of glaze. Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining topping. , Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Warm remaining glaze; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 533 calories, Fat 32g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 99mg cholesterol, Sodium 363mg sodium, Carbohydrate 58g carbohydrate (40g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
RICH COFFEE CAKE
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the sour cream and vanilla; add to creamed mixture alternately with dry ingredients.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle 2 T into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- Spoon half of the batter over topping; sprinkle with half of the remaining topping.
- Drizzle with half of the glaze.
- Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Warm remaining glaze; drizzle over coffee cake.
- Serve warm, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 533.4, Fat 32.9, SaturatedFat 16.7, Cholesterol 94.5, Sodium 301.6, Carbohydrate 58.2, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 39.8, Protein 5.1
RICH COFFEE CAKE
- In a large bowl,cream butter and sugar.Add eggs,one at a time,beating well after each addition.Combine the flour,baking powder and salt.Combine sour cream and vanilla;add to creamed mixture alternately with dry ingredients. Combine topping ingredients;sprinkle 2 tablespoons into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.For glaze,in a microwave safe bowl,melt chocolate chips and butter;stir until smooth.Spoon half of the batter over topping;sprinkle with half of the remaining topping.Drizzle with half of the glaze.Top with remaining batter;sprinkle with remaining topping. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.Cool ten minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack. Warm remaining glaze;drizzle over coffee cake.Serve warm if desired.
More about "rich coffee cake recipes"
THE BEST COFFEE CAKE RECIPE EVER - COOKIES AND CUPS
4.5/5 (124)Calories 660 per servingCategory Cake
- In a medium bowl prepare the cinnamon filling by whisking together the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon until combined. Set aside.
- To prepare the crumb topping, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour in a medium bowl until it resembles coarse crumbs. Use your hands to mix to form larger crumb pieces. Set aside.
- For the cake, mix the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
10 DELICIOUS COFFEE FLAVOURED CAKE RECIPES - COFFEEWISE
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
THE BEST, BOLDEST COFFEE CAKE IN THE WORLD | JAMIE OLIVER
Author Merlin JobstEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
RICH COFFEE COTTON SPONGE CAKE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
Author Gracious TreatzViews 303K
COFFEE CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
RICH COFFEE CAKE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
5/5 (3)Total Time 25 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 30 per serving
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). In the first bowl, whisk together Canola Oil (1/4 cup), Granulated Sugar (1/2 cup), Vanilla Extract (1 teaspoon), Milk (3/4 cup) and Egg (1). Whisk until foamy.
- In the second bowl, sift together the Unbleached All-Purpose Flour (1 1/2 cup), Baking Powder (2 teaspoon) and Fine Sea Salt (1/2 teaspoon).
- Slowly combine the 2 bowls by adding the dry ingredients in thirds into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Do not over mix.
ULTIMATE CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE - BAKING BEAUTY
5/5 (9)Total Time 1 hrCategory BreakfastCalories 396 per serving
- In the same small bowl using 2 forks, butter, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hrCategory BreakfastCalories 439 per serving
RICH SOUR-CREAM COFFEE CAKE | COOKSTR.COM
Category Cookstr RecipesEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Combine the yeast, ¼ cup of the sugar, and lukewarm water in a large bowl, and allow to proof. Stir in the remaining ¼ cup of sugar, salt, milk, sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla and mix well. Add the egg yolks and blend. With your fingertips, rapidly work the butter into 5 cups of the flour as you would for pie dough, to produce a dry, meal-like consistency. Add this to the yeast mixture and begin to knead in the bowl, adding more flour if necessary, to make a smooth, elastic dough. Turn out on a lightly floured board and knead 5 to 6 minutes. Shape into a ball and place in a lightly buttered bowl, turning to coat the surface with butter. Cover tightly and refrigerate to let rise for at least 4 hours or until doubled in bulk. Remove from the refrigerator, punch down, and turn out on a lightly floured board. (The dough can be kept in the refrigerator for as long as 3 days, in which case it should be punched down twice a day, until ready to roll out.)
- Divide the dough in half, and roll out each piece into a rectangle about 10× 14 inches. Brush each rectangle with melted butter, and sprinkle with the brown or white sugar and cinnamon. Over this sprinkle the drained currants and then the finely chopped nuts. Gently press the filling into the dough with the rolling pin. Roll up from the wide end, jelly-roll fashion. Heavily butter two 9-inch tube pans. Carefully fit the rolls into the pans so that the ends of the dough join. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk. Bake in a preheated 375° oven 45 to 55 minutes, until they are golden brown and give off a hollow sound when rapped with the knuckles. Let cool for 15 minutes in the pans, then invert on a rack. Meanwhile, melt the apricot jam over low heat. Add the brandy, Cointreau, or Grand Marnier, and blend. Strain, and coat the sides and top of the cakes with the glaze while the cakes are still warm. Cool them thoroughly before slicing.
RICH COFFEE CUPCAKES - BAKINGQUEEN74
4.7/5 (9)Total Time 20 minsCategory BakingCalories 301 per serving
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing after each addition, and then fold in the flour, baking powder and salt.
RICH COFFEE COTTON SPONGE CAKE RECIPE - LOVE TO EAT BLOG
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
COFFEE CAKE | BAKING RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
3.2/5 Total Time 45 minsCategory Dessert,SnackCalories 591 per serving
EASY COFFEE CAKE MUFFINS RECIPE - RICH AND DELISH
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsServings 12
RICH CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE WITH COFFEE / NESPRESSO RECIPES ...
EGGLESS RICH COFFEE SPONGE CAKE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
CHOCOLATE BOURBON CAKE RECIPE / VIEW COOKING INSTRUCTIONS ...
EASY CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE WITH CAKE MIX | RECIPELION.COM
COFFEE CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RICH COFFEE COTTON SPONGE CAKE | BAKEWITHLOVE
RICH COFFEE CAKE RECIPE
#time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #breads #american #oven #coffee-cakes #taste-mood #sweet #equipment #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the easiest coffee cake recipe to make?This Sour Cream Coffee Cake is the easiest classic coffee cake recipe. Melt-in-your-mouth rich, buttery coffee cake with brown sugar pecan streusel topping. Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 baking dish with baking spray.
How long does it take to make richrich coffee sponge cake?Rich coffee-flavoured sponge is filled with a thick buttercream coffee frosting, and finished with a delicate dusting of cocoa powder. Serving up to 12 people, this cake is ready in 45 mins – with just a 15 mins prep time.
How long does it take to make a coffee cake?This indulgent coffee cake is the ultimate teatime treat. Rich coffee-flavoured sponge is filled with a thick buttercream coffee frosting, and finished with a delicate dusting of cocoa powder. Serving up to 12 people, this cake is ready in 45 mins – with just a 15 mins prep time.
What is a cinnamon coffee cake?This cinnamon coffee cake has moist vanilla cake, a rich cinnamon swirl, and an irresistible crumb topping. This recipe is heavy on the crumb topping because let’s be honest that’s my favorite part.