ROAST BEEF AND SWISS SANDWICH
No need for fresh buns or bread with this beefy sandwich. A Bisquick® batter bakes around the beef and cheese filling for a scrumptious hot sandwich.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with shortening.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, mustard and egg until blended. Pour half of batter into baking dish. Top evenly with half of the roast beef and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Top with remaining roast beef. Pour remaining batter over roast beef.
- Bake uncovered 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the pepper. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340, Carbohydrate 29 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 18 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 630 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 2 g
FRENCH ONION ROAST BEEF PULL-APART SANDWICHES
Roast beef, Swiss cheese and richly caramelized onions are stuffed into a whole loaf of rye bread in this delicious recipe. Bake until nicely toasted and melty and serve with a creamy homemade Thousand Island dressing for a bold punch.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Make the dressing: Mix the mayonnaise, pickles, ketchup, horseradish, dill, onion powder and hot sauce in a small bowl; season with salt. Cover and refrigerate.
- Make the sandwiches: Preheat the oven to 425˚ F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour 4 tablespoons of the butter into a small bowl and set aside. Add the onions and thyme to the skillet with the remaining butter and cook, stirring occasionally, until deep golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add the sherry to the skillet; cook until evaporated. Add the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce and return to a simmer. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half and the onions are caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Trim the ends off the bread loaf. Cut the bread on an angle into 12 slices, leaving the bottom of the loaf intact. (You can position chopsticks along the long sides of the bread to keep from cutting all the way through the loaf.) Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Brush the reserved melted butter between the bread slices and all over the loaf. Set aside about one-third of the onions. Fill every other slice of the loaf with the remaining onions, starting with the first slice. Fold the roast beef and tuck into the onion-filled slices, along with the cheese. Top the loaf with the reserved onions and any onion juices.
- Bake until the cheese is browned and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Pull apart or slice into individual sandwiches. Serve with the dressing.
ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES
Provided by Food Network
Yield 1 sandwich of each version
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Compose the sandwiches using proportions to taste.;
- Sprinkle the bread halves with olive oil and vinegar. Compose the sandwich using proportions to taste.;
CONTEST-WINNING GRILLED ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES
This fast favorite hits the spot when we're short on time. Roast beef, cheese, and sauteed onion, green pepper and mushrooms are sandwiched between slices of sourdough bread, then toasted on a griddle to buttery perfection. &Mdash; Jolie Goddard, Elko, Nevada
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, mushrooms and garlic in oil until tender; sprinkle with salt and pepper. On four slices of bread, layer two slices of cheese, two slices of beef and a fourth of the vegetable mixture. Top with the remaining cheese and bread. , Butter outside of bread; sprinkle with garlic salt if desired. On a hot griddle or large skillet, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 825 calories, Fat 60g fat (32g saturated fat), Cholesterol 151mg cholesterol, Sodium 1540mg sodium, Carbohydrate 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
ROAST BEEF AND SWISS TORTILLA ROLL-UPS
These clever roll-ups, great for appetizers or a quick snack, use prepared dressing and deli items to go together fast.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Spread 1 tablespoon dressing on each tortilla, covering entire surface. Top each with lettuce leaf and half of beef, cheese and onion. Roll up each tortilla tightly.
- To serve, cut roll-ups into 1-inch slices. Insert cocktail toothpick into each to secure. Serve with pickle wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Appetizer, Sodium 70 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
ROAST BEEF WITH SWISS
Arugula, a peppery green, gives this sandwich its bite. Now it's your turn. Chew slowly, and savor a delectable lunchtime idea.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Spread bread slices with aioli.
- Fill with remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380, Fat 16 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 1030 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 4 g, Protein 26 g
ROAST BEEF AND SWISS SANDWICH BAKE
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. Heat oven to 350°. Grease square baking dish, 8 x 8 x 2 inches.2. Stir Bisquick, milk, mustard and egg until blended. Pour half of the batter into baking dish. Top with half of the roast beef and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Top with remaining roast beef. Pour remaining batter over roast beef.3. Bake uncovered 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the pepper. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.HIGH ALTITUDE (3500 to 6500 feet): Sprinkle with cheese to within 1/4 inch of edges of baking dish. Bake 47 to 52 minutes.NUTRITION FACTS: 1 Serving: Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 155) Fat 17g (Saturated 7g) Cholesterol 75mg Sodium 730mg Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 1g) Protein 18g % DAILY VALUE: Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 22% Iron 10% DIET EXCHANGES: 1 Starch 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat 2 Vegetable 1 FatBETTY'S TIP: Vary this dish by using thinly sliced cooked turkey or chicken instead of roast beef and shredded Cheddar cheese instead of Swiss.From "Betty Crocker's Bisquick Cookbook." Text Copyright 2000 General Mills, Inc. Used with permission of the publisher, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
GRILLED ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES
"I first tasted a memorable combination of roast beef and green chilies at a local cafe," writes Karen Ledbetter from Fort Collins, Colorado. "In this recipe, the chilies give the quick grilled sandwich a little bite. It's simple and delicious."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl,combine the chilies, mayonnaise and mustard; spread about 1 tablespoon on one side of each slice of bread. Top one side of each of five slices of bread with 1 slice of cheese and 2 slices of beef. Cover with remaining bread. , Butter the outsides of bread. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Serve with salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
EASY ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES
- Mix together ingredients for spread and put on the rolls.
- Add 4 ounces beef and 1 slice Swiss per sandwich.
- Heat in microwave or toaster oven until warm.
- Serve with lettuce, tomato, sliced red onion, dill pickle slices and chips if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 426.6, Fat 18.5, SaturatedFat 7.4, Cholesterol 84, Sodium 1691, Carbohydrate 31.7, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 5.8, Protein 32.2
PHILLY STEAK SANDWICH
- Place the beef in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, marjoram and basil. Sprinkle over beef.
- Heat half of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute beef to desired doneness, and remove from pan. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet, and saute the onion and green pepper.
- Preheat oven on broiler setting.
- Divide the meat between the bottoms of 4 rolls, layer with onion and green pepper, then top with sliced cheese. Place on cookie sheet, and broil until cheese is melted. Cover with tops of rolls, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 640.9 calories, Carbohydrate 39.5 g, Cholesterol 95.5 mg, Fat 38.4 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 35.3 g, SaturatedFat 13.7 g, Sodium 717.3 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
HAWAIIAN ROLL ROAST BEEF AND CHEESE SANDWICHES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Spread horseradish on the bottoms of the Hawaiian bread rolls and cover each with 1 slice roast beef and 1 slice Swiss cheese. Cover with top bread rolls.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, brown sugar, spicy mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Pour over Hawaiian rolls and sprinkle rolls with poppy seeds. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 25 minutes. Uncover and bake until tops are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 445.4 calories, Carbohydrate 47.7 g, Cholesterol 87 mg, Fat 12.8 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 11.8 g, Sodium 635.3 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
More about "roast beef and swiss sandwich recipes"
CLASSIC ROAST BEEF SANDWICH WITH SWISS CHEESE - BROWN ...
Servings 1Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory SandwichTotal Time 5 mins
ROAST BEEF AND SWISS SANDWICH BAKE RECIPE | …
ROAST BEEF SWISS MELT - CHEF LINDSEY FARR
Reviews 14Total Time 10 mins
- Thinly slice your roast beef and toss in the thickened braising liquid. I just warmed the sliced roast beef in the original Dutch oven over medium heat; stirring frequently.
- Toast two pieces of bread and spread a thin layer of horseradish on one side. Place the toasted bread horseradish side up on your baking sheet.
ROAST BEEF PANINI'S W/ ROASTED PEPPERS - THE COOKIN CHICKS
ARBY'S ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES RECIPE - SECRET COPYCAT ...
HOT ROAST BEEF AND SWISS SANDWICH | HY-VEE
ROAST BEEF SANDWICH WITH MELTED SWISS & ONIONS
SAUCY ROAST BEEF AND SWISS SLIDERS - DAILY DISH RECIPES
10 BEST ROAST BEEF SANDWICH TOPPINGS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROAST BEEF AND SWISS CHEESE SLIDERS - BUNNY'S WARM OVEN
BEST ROAST BEEF SANDWICH WITH ARBY’S SAUCE - IZZYCOOKING
HOW TO MAKE A ROAST BEEF SANDWICH WITH CHARRED SCALLIONS ...
ROAST BEEF AND SWISS SANDWICH BAKE: THE BEST ROAST BEEF ...
CANADIAN SWISS CHEESE AND ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES | CANADIAN ...
10 BEST ROAST BEEF AND SWISS CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROAST BEEF STYLE REUBEN SANDWICH - BELLY FULL
COLD ROAST BEEF SANDWICH WITH HORSERADISH CHEESE - GARLIC ...
ROAST BEEF SANDWICH | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
ROAST BEEF SANDWICH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROAST BEEF SANDWICH RECIPE WITH QUICK ROAST BEEF SANDWICH ...
ROAST BEEF SWISS CHEESE SANDWICH - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
HOT ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
ROAST BEEF AND SWISS SANDWICH BAKE | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
ROAST BEEF PANINI | MCCORMICK
LEFTOVER ROAST BEEF SANDWICH RECIPE - BEST BEEF RECIPES
ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES | DELICIOUS TABLE
ROAST BEEF, SWISS, AND ARUGULA SANDWICH
ROAST BEEF SWISS MELT | RECIPE | SANDWICHES FOR LUNCH ...
ROAST BEEF AND HORSERADISH TEA SANDWICHES RECIPE
HOT ROAST BEEF SWISS CHEESE MELT - TEXAS BUTTER®
ROAST BEEF AND SWISS SANDWICH | RECIPE | BAKING, BAKED ...
WAWA - ROAST BEEF AND SWISS CHEESE SANDWICH CALORIES ...
BEEF AND SWISS SANDWICH | ECKRICH
JIMMY'S ULTIMATE ROAST BEEF SANDWICH | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
BAKED ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES - DINING WITH ALICE
Roast Beef and Swiss Panini Sandwiches886 views-03:40
Roast Beef & Swiss Melt Recipe10K views-00:45
How To Make A Roast Beef & Swiss Cheese Po' Boy Sandwich2.2K views-09:11
One Roast, Two Meals1M views-00:16
Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich6.2K views-00:25
Low Carb Roastbeef Sandwich865 views-04:17
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a roast beef sandwich with Swiss cheese?This Roast Beef Sandwich is made with Swiss Cheese from Sargento 100% Natural Cheese. Spread 1 tablespoon of the horseradish mayo on both slices of bread. On one of the slices of bread, layer with roast beef, onion, tomato, Sargento Swiss Cheese, lettuce, and lay the final slice of bread on top. Slice in half and serve.
What do you put on a Sargento roast beef sandwich?This Roast Beef Sandwich is made with Swiss Cheese from Sargento 100% Natural Cheese. Spread 1 tablespoon of the horseradish mayo on both slices of bread. On one of the slices of bread, layer with roast beef, onion, tomato, Sargento Swiss Cheese, lettuce, and lay the final slice of bread on top.
What is the best way to serve a roast beef sandwich?On one of the slices of bread, layer with roast beef, onion, tomato, Sargento Swiss Cheese, lettuce, and lay the final slice of bread on top. Slice in half and serve. Hello! Thank you for visiting my blog.
How do you make a roast beef sandwich with arugula?Slice the boule in into two halves (top and bottom). Divide the cream cheese spread evenly over both halves. Add the arugula to the bottom half of the bread and top with roast beef, onions and tomatoes. Place the top half of the bread on the sandwich.