ROAST CHICKEN WITH APRICOT GLAZE
The chef Fany Gerson makes her tangy and sweet roast chicken with an apricot glaze: a mixture of apricot jam, butter and garlic that is applied while the chicken is in the oven, keeping it juicy and flavorful inside and out. The apricot butter is also whisked into the pan drippings, along with shallots and red wine vinegar, to make a vibrant sauce.
Provided by Priya Krishna
Categories dinner, poultry, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees with a rack set in the middle position.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and pat it dry with paper towels. Cut off and discard any extra fat hanging around the cavity, and season the cavity generously with salt and pepper. Squeeze the lemon all over the outside of the chicken and stuff the cavity with the chopped onion, 4 sprigs of thyme and at least one of the juiced lemon halves (both, if they'll fit). Tie the legs together with twine. Rub 1 tablespoon oil all over the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully pour 3 cups chicken broth into a rimmed baking sheet and scatter over the crushed garlic cloves and remaining 4 thyme sprigs. Place the chicken, breast-side up, on a rack set over the baking sheet. Roast the chicken for 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 375 degrees and continue roasting for 1 hour more. Add additional chicken stock to the pan, as needed, to keep it from becoming dry.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash together the butter, 3 tablespoons apricot preserves and the minced garlic clove until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer 2 heaping tablespoons of the apricot butter to a small container and refrigerate. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil to the apricot butter in the bowl and whisk to thin the mixture into a glaze.
- Baste the chicken with the glaze and continue roasting for another 30 minutes or so, basting again after 15 minutes. Continue roasting until the chicken is browned and the juices run clear when you insert a knife down to the bone between the leg and thigh. Loosely tent with foil if the skin is getting too brown before chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and tilt the chicken to release the juices from the cavity into the pan, then transfer the chicken to a carving board and let rest for 15 minutes. Strain the pan drippings, remove the fat and set aside.
- While the chicken rests, in a small pan over medium heat, cook the shallot and vinegar until the vinegar is nearly all cooked away but the pan is not yet dry. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon apricot preserves and the reserved pan drippings, whisk together and bring to a simmer. Add the remaining cold apricot butter little by little, whisking constantly, and remove from the heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Carve chicken and serve with the seasoned jus, sliced apricots and pistachios if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1141, UnsaturatedFat 46 grams, Carbohydrate 52 grams, Fat 75 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 66 grams, SaturatedFat 23 grams, Sodium 1983 milligrams, Sugar 32 grams, TransFat 1 gram
ROAST CHICKEN WITH APRICOT-ROSEMARY GLAZE
- Position one rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 450*F.
- Stir preserves, nectar,vinegar, garlic and rosemary in medium saucepan over low heat until preserves melt.
- Transfer 1/2 cup glaze to bowl; reserve.
- Arrange chicken breasts and wings on 1 large rimmed baking sheet.
- Arrange thighs and drumsticks on second rimmed sheet.
- Brush chicken with 1 cup glaze; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until chicken is cooked through and glaze forms sticky coating, brushing 2 more times with remaining glaze in pan, about 1 hour.
- Increase oven temperature to 500*F.
- Roast until chicken begins to brown, about 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer chicken to platter.
- Scrape pan juices and any browned bits from baking sheets into glass measuring cup.
- Spoon off fat from top of juices.
- Add enough broth to juices to mesure 1 3/4 cups sauce.
- Bring sauce to simmer in small saucepan over medium high heat, whisking in enough reserved glaze to flavor and thicken sauce as desired.
- Serve chicken with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1014.1, Fat 55, SaturatedFat 15.7, Cholesterol 271.7, Sodium 299.5, Carbohydrate 61.4, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 35.3, Protein 68.8
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH SMOKEY APRICOT SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Season chicken all over with salt and black pepper. Arrange chicken in prepared pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine apricot preserves, soy sauce and liquid smoke. Mix until blended. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Roast 35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Serve 4 chicken breast halves with this meal and refrigerate remaining chicken until ready to use (or freeze up to 3 months). Garnish with parsley.
BAKED APRICOT ROSEMARY CHICKEN
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the jam until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the jam to a large baking dish. Add the olive oil, mustard, honey, soy sauce, orange zest, crushed garlic, rosemary, 3/4 teaspoon salt and some pepper and mix until combined. Season the chicken with additional salt and pepper and add to the marinade. Gently flip until mixed and coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. Garnish with orange wedges if desired.
ROASTED ORANGE ROSEMARY HONEY GLAZED CHICKEN
This is always a hit when I make it for dinner parties and Boxing Day dinner because the chicken is always fall-off-the-bone juicy and people love the glaze. People always go for seconds! You may quarter 2 chickens instead if you aren't able to get just legs from your butcher, but I find the legs are juicier and save money. Serve this dish with fragrant rice and dilled carrots or roasted asparagus.
Provided by Jolanta
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and place in a large glass or plastic bowl.
- Whisk together honey, orange juice, butter, rosemary, orange zest, and garlic. Pour orange mixture over chicken; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken legs in a single layer in a roasting pan; pour orange mixture over chicken.
- Roast for 30 minutes in the preheated oven; reduce temperature to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). Baste chicken with pan juices every 20 minutes until chicken is a deep orange brown color, no longer pink at the bone, and juices run clear, about 90 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 776.6 calories, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 240 mg, Fat 42.3 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 59.7 g, SaturatedFat 15.8 g, Sodium 1074.1 mg, Sugar 37.4 g
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Brown chicken in heated skillet.
- Add chicken broth, jam and soy sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is done (no longer pink in the center).
- Remove chicken from skillet. Add 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water to sauce to thicken (equal amounts more of each if you like it thicker). Return chicken to skillet and turn to coat thoroughly with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296.1 calories, Carbohydrate 35.1 g, Cholesterol 83.1 mg, Fat 1.9 g, Protein 33.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 226.8 mg, Sugar 30.9 g
GLAZED ROAST CHICKEN
I like to make this for weeknight dinners. You can make this roast chicken with apricot glaze or quince jelly. -Victoria Miller, San Ramon, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil; cook until wine is reduced by half, 3-4 minutes. Stir in preserves and mustard. Reserve half of the glaze for serving., Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together., Roast 45 minutes; baste with glaze. Continue roasting chicken until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally with glaze. Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly. Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Serve with remaining reserved glaze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 437 calories, Fat 17g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 104mg cholesterol, Sodium 458mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (23g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 34g protein.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the jam, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, and cayenne. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then brush with the glaze.
- Roast, basting with the glaze, for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken and roast for 10 minutes more. Baste the chicken with the glaze and roast 5 minutes more, or until the glaze is just crisp.
More about "roast chicken with apricot rosemary glaze recipes"
ROAST CHICKEN WITH APRICOT GLAZE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (4)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 10 mins
APRICOT AND ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN - GLUTEN-FREE …
GLAZED PORK LOIN ROAST RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
APRICOT-ROSEMARY CHICKEN THIGHS WITH ROASTED ALMOND COUSCOUS
APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED BROCCOLI AMANDINE
10 BEST HOMEMADE CHICKEN GLAZE RECIPES - YUMMLY
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH APRICOT-BALSAMIC GLAZE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
GLAZED APRICOT CHICKEN
ZOE: APRICOT ROSEMARY GLAZED ROAST CHICKEN - BLOGGER
ROAST CHICKEN WITH APRICOT GLAZE RECIPE
APRICOT-ROSEMARY GLAZED CHICKEN BREASTS – GOURMANIA
ROAST CHICKEN WITH APRICOT-ROSEMARY GLAZE
3-INGREDIENT APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN - THE SEASONED MOM
APRICOT-ROSEMARY CHICKEN THIGHS & ROASTED ALMOND COUSCOUS …
APRICOT GLAZE FOR PORK/CHICKEN/HAM +VIDEO - KEVIN IS COOKING
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
APRICOT GLAZED ROASTED CHICKEN — THE SLIM SITUATION
ROAST CHICKEN WITH HONEY-APRICOT GLAZE RECIPE
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH APRICOT GLAZE | ROASTED CHICKEN, CHICKEN …
APRICOT-THYME-GLAZED ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - KAY CHUN | FOOD
APRICOT BALSAMIC ROSEMARY CHICKEN - FINDING TIME FOR COOKING
ROAST CHICKEN WITH APRICOT GLAZE RECIPE
APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH ROASTED BROCCOLI AMANDINE
WHOLE ROAST CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
ROAST CHICKEN GLAZE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ROASTED APRICOT-GLAZED ROSEMARY CHICKEN AND AN APRICOT …
RECIPE FOR APRICOT CHICKEN THIGHS - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROSEMARY-APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN • THE HERITAGE COOK
APRICOT GINGER GLAZED CHICKEN - THERESCIPES.INFO
APRICOT-ROSEMARY CHICKEN WITH ROASTED CARROT SALAD RECIPE
ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE SIMPLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
GLAZED ROASTED CHICKEN - THE FRUGAL CHEF
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #poultry #oven #chicken #dietary #meat #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is an apricot glaze?The chef Fany Gerson makes her tangy and sweet roast chicken with an apricot glaze: a mixture of apricot jam, butter and garlic that is applied while the chicken is in the oven, keeping it juicy and flavorful inside and out. The apricot butter is also whisked into the pan drippings, along with shallots and red wine vinegar, to make a vibrant sauce.
What is the best way to glaze a chicken breast?In a small bowl, combine the jam, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, and cayenne. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then brush with the glaze. Roast, basting with the glaze, for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken and roast for 10 minutes more. Baste the chicken with the glaze and roast 5 minutes more, or until the glaze is just crisp.
How do you use apricot butter to cook chicken?Add the remaining cold apricot butter little by little, whisking constantly, and remove from the heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Carve chicken and serve with the seasoned jus, sliced apricots and pistachios if desired.
How to cook a whole chicken in a jam glaze?Directions. In a small bowl, combine the jam, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, and cayenne. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then brush with the glaze. Roast, basting with the glaze, for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken and roast for 10 minutes more. Baste the chicken with the glaze and roast 5 minutes more, or until the glaze is just crisp.