This roast duck recipe, courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, is part of his Duck and Pumpkin Risotto with Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, which is a delicious dinner to serve your family.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 2 to 3 cups shredded meat
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Trim duck of all visible fat. Using a fork, prick the skin all over without piercing the meat; season with salt and pepper. Place duck on a rack set in a roasting pan and transfer to oven; roast for 40 minutes. Reduce heat to 400 degrees and continue roasting until juices run clear when thigh is pierced, about 30 minutes more. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Reserve any duck fat from roasting pan. Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to 2 weeks. Remove skin from duck and discard. Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Shred meat and serve or store in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to 3 days.
ROAST DUCK CZECH STYLE
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and caraway seeds inside and out.
- Pour 1 cup water in a roasting pan.
- Put duck breast side down in 350° oven
- for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Add more water as needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2293.6, Fat 223.3, SaturatedFat 75, Cholesterol 431.3, Sodium 361.1, Carbohydrate 0.1, Fiber 0.1, Protein 65.3
ROASTED AND BRAISED DUCK WITH SAUERKRAUT
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prick the duck all over with a fork, then sprinkle it with salt and pepper and place it in a large, deep, ovenproof skillet or Dutch oven. Roast the duck for about 1 1/2 hours, checking occasionally to make sure it is browning steadily. (If the duck is barely browning, increase the heat by 50 degrees; if it seems to be browning too quickly, reduce the heat slightly.) When it is nicely browned and has rendered a great deal of fat, pour off all but a few tablespoons of the fat and transfer the pan to the top of the stove.
- Scatter the sauerkraut around the duck, then sprinkle it with paprika, moisten it with the wine, and tuck the bay leaves in. Turn the heat to low, and cover the pan. Simmer for about 15 minutes, then stir and put some of the sauerkraut on top of the duck.
- Cook another 15 minutes or so, until the duck is quite tender. Carve and serve.
More about "roast duck czech style recipes"
BOHEMIAN ROAST DUCK (PECENA KACHNA) RECIPE
4.1/5 (9)Total Time 4 hrs 20 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 244 per serving
HOW TO COOK SLOW ROAST DUCK WITH SAUERKRAUT | MY EASY DUCK ...
Ratings 5Servings 8Cuisine HungaryCategory Main Dish
CZECH ROAST DUCK - SIMBOOKER RECIPES>COOK …
ROAST DUCK CZECH STYLE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
Servings 4Calories 1231 per serving
- These were ideas people had on other site since I've never cooked duck before they are worth seeing.
BOHEMIAN ROASTED DUCK - MOOSHU JENNE
Cuisine CzechTotal Time 3 hrs 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 3105 per serving
- Bake for 2 hours covered and one hour uncovered. Duck should bake at 30 minutes per pound so if your duck is smaller or larger you will need to adjust the time.
ROAST DUCK RECIPE - JULIA'S ALBUM
4.9/5 (349)Total Time 3 hrs 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 2862 per serving
- If you purchased frozen duck, make sure to defrost the frozen duck in the refrigerator for a couple of days. Once the duck is completely defrosted (in the refrigerator), take the duck out of the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking to bring it more or less to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. You will be roasting the duck for a total of 3 hours (3 hours will be divided into 4 time chunks where you will be flipping the duck, brushing it with glaze, etc. - see the instructions below).
- Remove the giblets from inside the duck. Rinse the duck, inside and outside, with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the bird breast side up on a large roasting pan with a rack (roasting pan should have a roasting rack to lift the duck from the bottom of the pan and allow the fat to drip below the duck). Roast the duck, breast side up, for 1 hour at 350 F.
ANDREW ZIMMERN'S BOHEMIAN ROAST DUCK WITH CARAWAY
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CZECH ROASTED DUCK: A CHRISTMAS TRADITION - PINTEREST
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
BOHEMIAN ROASTED DUCK WITH CARAWAY – ANDREW ZIMMERN
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
ROAST DUCK A LORANGE RECIPES
LYNDEY MILAN: ROAST DUCK WITH CHERRY SAUCE, SPICED CARROTS ...
CHINESE ROAST DUCK - IT'S EASY AND UTTERLY DELICIOUS ...
CATHERINE FULVIO'S ROAST DUCK & STUFFING
BOHEMIAN PORK ROAST AND DUMPLINGS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CZECH ROASTED DUCK: A CHRISTMAS TRADITION | SPICIE FOODIE ...
BOHEMIAN ROAST DUCK (PEčENá KACHNA) - COOK LIKE CZECHS
KUTTANADAN DUCK CURRY AND ROAST | RECIPE | FOOD | MANORAMA ...
ROAST DUCK CZECH STYLE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CRISPY WHOLE ROASTED DUCK - RECIPEMAGIK
HOW TO PREPARE CZECH ROAST DUCK|MY FAVORITE CZECH …
#time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #poultry #easy #european #czech #dietary #low-sodium #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #duck #whole-duck #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook a duck roast in the oven?Heat oven to 350 F. Pour 1 cup water in the bottom of the roasting pan. Roast duck 1 hour, skimming off excess fat. Turn duck breast-side up and continue to roast uncovered for another hour, basting often, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thigh registers 150 F and the skin is golden.
What to eat in the Czech Republic?Many Czech restaurant menus will sell roast duck alone as a combination with roast pork (Veprova). Bohemian style duck is pretty simple to prepare and goes extremely well with such accompaniments as yeast raised dumplings, sauerkraut, and sour cream dilled cucumbers. Squeezing in a cold czech pilsner with this meal is the cherry on the sundae. 1.
How do you cook duck breast with balsamic vinegar?In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar with the freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon. Set the duck breast side up again on the roasting rack in the roasting pan.
How do you cook a duck breast with sauerkraut?Scatter the sauerkraut around the duck, then sprinkle it with paprika, moisten it with the wine, and tuck the bay leaves in. Turn the heat to low, and cover the pan. Simmer for about 15 minutes, then stir and put some of the sauerkraut on top of the duck. Cook another 15 minutes or so, until the duck is quite tender.