CAULIFLOWER GRATIN WITH LEEKS AND WHITE CHEDDAR
A sort of cheater's gratin, this cauliflower cooked with leeks and cream doesn't require blanching or a béchamel, making it a low maintenance, deeply comforting side dish. To skirt the blanching, the cauliflower and cream is covered in foil to give the vegetables a chance to get tender without drying out. The foil then comes off so the top can brown and the cream can reduce, creating a thick, velvety sauce. If your heart desires a crunchier texture, add a scattering of bread crumbs tossed in olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper when the aluminum foil comes off.
Provided by Alison Roman
Categories vegetables, side dish
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Slice cauliflower head lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices, including the core and leaves. (Some smaller bits will fall away: That's fine. You'll use them as well.)
- Drizzle some olive oil onto the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish. (An oval, square or rectangular dish will all work.) Layer about a third of the cauliflower along the bottom, and about a third of the leeks. Season with salt and pepper, and repeat until all of the cauliflower and leeks are used. (Don't worry about perfectly layering them.) Season with salt and pepper and drizzle cream over. Scatter cheese on top, and season again with salt and pepper. Lightly cover with foil and place in the oven.
- Bake until cauliflower is nearly tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until cream has thickened and reduced nearly completely and the top is golden brown and crisp, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before eating.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 264, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 11 grams, Fat 21 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 11 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 514 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & LEEK GRATIN RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by pikassob
Number Of Ingredients 15
- ROASTED VEGETABLES: Cut cauliflower into florets that are 1 1/2 inches wide. In a large bowl, toss the florets with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and spread out on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until tender with just a bit of bite and browned. 35-40 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic after 20minutes. Cut leeks into 1-inch pieces and toss with remaining oil and salt. Spread out on another rimmed baking sheet and roast until crispy in some parts and soft throughout. About 15 minutes. You can do this ahead of time (hours in advance). GRATIN SAUCE: Melt butter over medium low heat. Whisk in flour and cook. Stir constantly for 3-5 minutes, make sure that it doesn't brown. Whisk in the milk until smooth. Bring to a simmer. Maintain the heat so that it is bubbling gently, stir often until the sauce thickens and the flour cooks. Add 1/3 of parmesan and stir until just melted. Remove from heat and season well with salt and pepper. Stir in mustard. When the vegetables are done, reduce the vegetable temperature to 350°F. Toss the vegetables with the ham and add to a pan. Pour sauce evenly over vegetables. Combine the breadcrumbs with the remaining cheese and sprinkle over the top. Roasting the leeks and cauliflower (which you can do well ahead) brings out deeper flavor and a crisp-around-the edges texture. Serve as a dish with roasted meat or as a main course with salad and bread. If you don't feel like making the white sauce, gently warm 1 1/2 cups in a saucepan until it bubbles around the edges then stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Pour it over the vegetables.
CAULIFLOWER, LEEK AND BACON GRATIN RECIPE - (4/5)
Provided by bakeaholic
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 inch square or oval dish. 2. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook cauliflower for 5 minutes. Drain. Set aside in a bowl. 3. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes or until crispy. Set aside on paper towels. Discard all but 2 tsp. of fat. Add leeks to the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until very soft and just starting to turn golden. Transfer to the bowl with the cauliflower. Add bacon. 4. Wipe skillet clean. Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle with flour; cook, whisking, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Whisk for 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth and thickened. Whisk in the Gruyere, Parmesan and salt until cheese is melted. 5. Pour over cauliflower mixture, stirring until well coated. 6. Transfer to buttered dish. Topping: In a bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, cheese and butter. Sprinkle over the dish. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden on top and heated throughout. Variation: Use broccoli and cheddar in place of cauliflower and Gruyere and Parmesan.
CAULIFLOWER AND LEEK GRATIN
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a shallow 2-quart baking dish and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until slightly tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water; transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add leeks, shallots, red-pepper flakes, and thyme; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour until well combined. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly, until well combined. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; let boil 2 to 3 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cups cheese; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour leek mixture over cauliflower mixture and stir until cauliflower is well coated; transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup cheese over top. Transfer to oven and bake until bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Transfer baking dish to broiler; broil until golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
CASHEW CAULIFLOWER AND LEEK GRATIN
My family loves this cauliflower gratin. It's different than scalloped potatoes and healthier with the added vegetables, and the cashew milk and cashew nuts add richness. Eliminate the white wine, if desired. -Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place cauliflower florets and leek slices in a parchment-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper; toss to mix. Roast 20 minutes, stirring halfway through., Meanwhile, process cashew milk, white wine, cashew butter and garlic in a blender until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes., Transfer roasted cauliflower and leeks to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; stir in cashew sauce. Return to oven; bake until heated through, 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle with cashews and chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234 calories, Fat 17g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 373mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
More about "roasted cauliflower leek gratin recipe 455"
CAULIFLOWER, LEEK AND CHEESE GRATIN RECIPE | DELICIOUS ...
4/5 (3)Category Gratin RecipesCuisine British RecipesCalories 352 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Melt the butter in a wide-bottomed saucepan. When it foams, add the flour and stir for a minute. Gradually add the milk, stirring, until you have a smooth sauce. Bubble for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and stir through the cream and cheese. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile cook the leek and cauliflower in a pan of boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
- Spoon the leek and cauliflower into a serving dish, pour over the cheese sauce, mix and scatter with thyme. Bake for 30 minutes until bubbling and golden.
CAULIFLOWER, LEEK, AND PARMESAN GRATIN RECIPE
3/5 Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCuisine American, French, ItalianCalories 184 per serving
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add cauliflower and blanche 4 minutes, or until very crisp-tender.
- Drain; let dry on paper towels. (Can be prepared up to this point 1 day before serving; refrigerate wrapped in paper towels.) Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN - FEELGOODFOODIE
5/5 (22)Total Time 50 minsCategory Side DishCalories 204 per serving
- Place the cauliflower florets on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, then season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then roast in the oven for 20 minutes, turning at the halfway point.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the flour, stirring constantly with a whisk or wooden spoon until well blended. Slowly whisk in the warm milk and stir until the mixture thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
CAULIFLOWER AND LEEK AU GRATIN - DELISHABLY
Estimated Reading Time 4 minsPublished 2021-02-19
LEEK AND CAULIFLOWER GRATIN RECIPE - 4 POINTS | LAALOOSH
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CAULIFLOWER, LEEK AND BACON GRATIN | CANADIAN GOODNESS
Servings 6Energy 325 CaloriesCarbohydrate 21 gFat 19 g
CAULIFLOWER, LEEK AND BACON GRATIN - DAIRY FARMERS OF …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CRISPY, CREAMY CAULIFLOWER-LEEK GRATIN - SFGATE
Author Tara DugganEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA ...
5/5 (1)Category Vegetable Side DishServings 4Total Time 28 mins
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees ( 200 C). Spray a (10 x 12) baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium pot, add the entire cauliflower and fill with water until leveled. Add the bay leaves and cover with a lid.
- Boil the cauliflower to boil, for about 3 to 5 minutes, until you can poke a fork through, but DO NOT overcook the cauliflower, it should be very al-dente.
CAULIFLOWER AND LEEK GRATIN - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Servings 8Total Time 50 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER GRATIN - GIRL GONE GOURMET
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hrCategory Side DishCalories 342 per serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss the cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Spread the florets evenly on a baking sheet.
- Cut just the top off the head of garlic (enough to expose the cloves), drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the top, and then wrap the garlic in tin foil. Place it on the sheet pan with the cauliflower.
- Roast the garlic and cauliflower for about 30 minutes, just until the cauliflower is tender and nicely browned in places.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the bechamel sauce. First, heat the milk in a saucepan until it just starts to simmer.
ROAST LEEKS + CAULIFLOWER - ELIZABETH MINCHILLI
Reviews 8Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CAULIFLOWER GRATIN WITH LEEKS AND GRUYERE - COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
Servings 6Category Side Dishes, Casseroles, Vegetarian
BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER GRATIN CASSEROLE - ALL INFORMATION ...
BEST CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CAULIFLOWER BROCCOLI GRATIN RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CAULIFLOWER, LEEK & POTATO GRATIN
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER AND LEEK GRATIN IS THE SIDE DISH ...
CAULIFLOWER AND LEEK GRATIN - TFRECIPES.COM
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & LEEK GRATIN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CASHEW CAULIFLOWER AND LEEK GRATIN | INTEGRATED DIABETES ...
BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER LEEK GRATIN RECIPE 455
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a cauliflower cheese gratin sauce?Try our cauliflower, leek and blue cheese gratin recipe. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Melt the butter in a wide-bottomed saucepan. When it foams, add the flour and stir for a minute. Gradually add the milk, stirring, until you have a smooth sauce. Bubble for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and stir through the cream and cheese.
How to cook cauliflower and leeks in the oven?Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cups cheese; season with salt and pepper. Pour leek mixture over cauliflower mixture and stir until cauliflower is well coated; transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup cheese over top. Transfer to oven and bake until bubbly, about 25 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
What is the best way to cook cauliflower?Add cauliflower and cook until slightly tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water; transfer to a large bowl and set aside. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add leeks, shallots, red-pepper flakes, and thyme; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour until well combined.
How many carbs in a cauliflower gratin?It’s a lower-carb spin on the traditional potato gratin. Cauliflower still has carbs, but only about 140g for a whole cauliflower head versus 150g for one potato. It’s a modern take on a classic that’s perfect for Thanksgiving dinner!