EASY QUICHE LORRAINE
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Line pastry with a double layer of aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 4 to 5 minutes more, or until crust is set. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove bacon from pan, crumble and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon grease in skillet. Cook onion in reserved drippings until tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, milk and salt. Stir in bacon and onion. In a separate bowl, toss cheese and flour together. Add cheese to egg mixture; stir well. Pour mixture into hot pastry shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edges of crust with foil to prevent burning. Let quiche cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461.2 calories, Carbohydrate 21.1 g, Cholesterol 141.8 mg, Fat 33.8 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 17.9 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Sodium 641.7 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
CHEF JOHN'S QUICHE LORRAINE
In my opinion, a proper quiche should be rich, custardy, and luxurious--not some kind of dense, baked omelet. This has only enough eggs and yolks to hold things together, but that means you need to let it cool to just warm before serving, to fully enjoy the experience.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Roll pie dough to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place bottom crust in pie plate and chill for at least 20 minutes before baking. Line the chilled pie crust with foil and fill halfway up with dried beans, rice, or baking weights. Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes. Remove foil and weights and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from pan to drain. Blot out some of the oil from the skillet, leaving 1 to 2 teaspoons. Add leeks, onion, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir until tender and golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, egg yolks, cream, and milk together in a large bowl. Add thyme and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle 2/3 of onion-leek mixture on the bottom of the baked crust. Top with 1/3 cooked bacon and 2/3 Gruyere cheese. Ladle in egg mixture carefully. Sprinkle with remaining onion-leek mixture, remaining bacon, and remaining Gruyere cheese.
- Bake filled quiche in the preheated oven until browned and set, and no longer jiggly in the center, 40 to 45 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412.5 calories, Carbohydrate 14.4 g, Cholesterol 197 mg, Fat 32.6 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 15.7 g, SaturatedFat 15.3 g, Sodium 468.9 mg, Sugar 2 g
- Preheat oven 425F degrees.
- In skillet fry bacon til crispy, drain on paper towel.
- Remove most fat from skillet then saute' mushrooms and onions til browned.
- In bowl combine eggs, half and half, pepper.
- Crumble bacon onto bottom of prepared pie shell.
- Then add the onions and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over all.
- Top with the grated swiss cheese.
- Pour egg mixture carefully over contents.
- Bake at 425' for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350' bake another 20-25 minutes til center is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
THE BEST QUICHE LORRAINE
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 14-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-in. springform pan; press firmly against bottom and sides. Refrigerate while preparing filling., In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan. Add onions to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat until caramelized, 20-25 minutes. Stir in thyme, pepper and nutmeg; remove from the heat. Cool slightly. Stir in cheeses and reserved bacon; spoon into crust. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and cream until blended; pour over top. Place springform pan on a rimmed baking sheet., Bake on a lower oven rack until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 75-85 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Remove rim from pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 671 calories, Fat 49g fat (27g saturated fat), Cholesterol 308mg cholesterol, Sodium 841mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
QUICHE LORRAINE I
Bacon, Swiss cheese and onions mingle in perfect harmony amidst the eggs and cream in this timeless classic. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or just an indulgent snack!
Provided by Laundrie
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large skillet, and fry over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels, then chop coarsely. Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion into pastry shell.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt, sugar and cayenne pepper. Pour mixture into pastry shell.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Allow quiche to sit 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 761.2 calories, Carbohydrate 18.7 g, Cholesterol 267.1 mg, Fat 68.1 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 19.2 g, SaturatedFat 30.5 g, Sodium 1021.7 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
PHILLY CREAM CHEESE BRUNCH QUICHE
We had this at a morning meeting, and it's quite tasty! Feel free to substitute or add ingredients (i.e., bacon, swiss cheese, spinach, etc ).
Provided by AmyZoe
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll pastry to a 12" circle. Place in 10" pie plate.
- Turn under edge and flute. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with fork and bake at 400 for 12 to 15 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned.
- Combine cream cheese and milk in saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth.
- Gradually add cream cheese mixture to eggs, mixing until well blended.
- Saute onions in butter.
- Add onions and remaining ingredients to cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Pour into pastry shell and bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.
- Garnish with ham slices and fresh dill, if desired.
More about "rochester quiche recipes"
BA'S BEST QUICHE LORRAINE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
QUICHE LORRAINE - JO COOKS
10 BEST RACHAEL RAY QUICHE RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE ULTIMATE QUICHE LORRAINE - MY PARISIAN KITCHEN
QUICHE LORRAINE | RECIPETIN EATS
QUICHE LORRAINE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
CLASSIC FRENCH QUICHE LORRAINE - PARDON YOUR FRENCH
QUICHE LORRAINE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
QUICHES FOR ANY TIME OF DAY - FOOD.COM
SIMPLE QUICHE LORRAINE RECIPE (WITH VIDEO AND EGG …
QUICHE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
QUICHE LORRAINE | - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
EASY QUICHE LORRAINE RECIPE - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
EASY QUICHE LORRAINE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE QUICHE LORRAINE
CLASSIC QUICHE LORRAINE - EVERYDAY PIE
YOUR BASIC QUICHE RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
QUICHE LORRAINE IS AN EASY AND CLASSIC RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
QUICHE LORRAINE - CULINARY HILL
QUICHE LORRAINE - A FAMILY FEAST®
CLASSIC QUICHE LORRAINE RECIPE WITH BACON - MONDAY SUNDAY KITCHEN
QUICHE LORRAINE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
THE RECIPE TROVE: ROCHESTER QUICHE - BLOGGER
TRADITIONAL QUICHE LORRAINE (FRENCH RECIPE) - SNIPPETS OF PARIS
CLASSIC QUICHE LORRAINE RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
PERFECT QUICHE LORRAINE - BROWN EYED BAKER
ROCHESTER QUICHE - CHAMPSDIET.COM
CLASSIC QUICHE LORRAINE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
QUICHE RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
ROCHESTER QUICHE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, QUICHE …
QUICHE LORRAINE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SIMPLE BASIC CHEESE QUICHE RECIPE | INCREDIBLE EGG
CLASSIC FRENCH QUICHE LORRAINE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
ROCHESTER QUICHE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | QUICHE RECIPES, …
BEST QUICHE LORRAINE + VIDEO WITH HOMEMADE OR STORE-BOUGHT …
QUICHE LORRAINE RECIPE - BAKE PLAY SMILE
QUICHE LORRAINE - CAROLINE'S COOKING
CLASSIC QUICHE LORRAINE - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT QUICHE: SO SILKY & CREAMY! -BAKING A MOMENT
CLASSIC QUICHE LORRAINE - LODGE CAST IRON
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #appetizers #lunch #eggs-dairy #american #eggs #dietary #number-of-servings
You'll also love