ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES
- Combine milk and vinegar in a large bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk eggs, butter, and vanilla extract into the milk-vinegar mixture. Add flour mixture and whisk until no lumps remain. Gently fold in marshmallows and walnuts.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat. Drop 1/3 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake; cook until tops begin to bubble, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476.7 calories, Carbohydrate 55.2 g, Cholesterol 87.2 mg, Fat 24.1 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 12.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 875.2 mg, Sugar 16.9 g
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES
Saw this recipe being made on an Australian TV talk show called Sunrise. Have not tried these yet but they sound delicious.
Provided by Polly_Waffle_Kid
Yield 36 pancakes, 36 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Whisk egg yolks and milk in a medium bowl until smooth. Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Mix in milk mixture to form a smooth mixture. Mix in Choc Bits and coconut.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter, in two batches, until just combined.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spray pan with cooking oil. Drop tablespoons of mixture into pan, making 6 pancakes at a time. Cook over medium heat until bubbles appear on surface. Turn pancakes over and cook until lightly browned underneath. Remove from pan. Cover to keep warm. Repeat method with remaining batter.
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in a small pan. Stir over low heat until warm and smooth.
- Serve pancakes warm or cold with chocolate sauce. Sprinkle with extra marshmallows and shredded coconut.
- Tip. Serve with ice-cream or cream, if you prefer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 81.8, Fat 3.5, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 22, Sodium 84.6, Carbohydrate 10.9, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 5.9, Protein 1.8
EASY ROCKY ROAD
Great for a bake sale, a gift, or simply an afternoon treat to enjoy with a cuppa, this rocky road is quick to make and uses mainly storecupboard ingredients.
Provided by Member recipe by Aaron Goodall
Categories Afternoon tea, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Grease and line an 18cm square brownie tin with baking paper.
- Place 200g digestive biscuits in a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin or just the side of your fist until they're broken into a mixture of everything between dust and 50p-sized lumps. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt 135g butter or margarine, 200g dark chocolate and 2-3 tbsp golden syrup over a gentle heat stirring constantly until there are no or almost no more lumps of chocolate visible, then remove from the heat. Leave to cool.
- Take the biscuits, 100g mini marshmallows and up to 100g of additional ingredients (dried fruit, nuts, popcorn, honeycomb), if you like, and stir into the chocolate mixture until everything is completely covered.
- Tip the mixture into the lined baking tin, and spread it out to the corners. Chill for at least 2 hrs then dust with icing sugar and cut into 12 fingers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 20 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES
You might be asking yourself, "Chocolate for breakfast? What!" The kids and I were in the mood to play mad scientist in the kitchen, and the end result was this delicious recipe. We took a basic pancake batter recipe and added cocoa powder and a little more sugar to balance out the bitter unsweetened cocoa. Then we added walnuts, white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips to the freshly-poured pancake batter. Serve hot with warm maple syrup, and there you have it--chocolate for breakfast.
Provided by MarthaStewartWanabe
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 8 Pancakes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- In another medium mixing bowl, whisk one egg until frothy. Then add milk and oil; then whisk until combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and whisk in the wet ingredients all at once.
- Set out walnuts, white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips, so they are easy to access when you're ready to add onto your freshly-poured pancake batter.
- Using a 1/4 cup sized measuring cup, pour batter onto a hot, greased skillet/griddle over medium heat, leaving enough space between each pancake for them to expand.
- Immediately sprinkle each with approximately 1 tbs. each of nuts and chips.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes or until surface begins to bubble and edges appear slightly dry. Turn and cook for another 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344, Fat 16.4, SaturatedFat 5.8, Cholesterol 6.5, Sodium 271.2, Carbohydrate 48.6, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 30.4, Protein 5.3
More about "rocky road pancakes recipes"
ROCKY ROAD RECIPES | BAKING MAD
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES | RECIPE | MORNING TEA RECIPES, COOKING AND …
LOADED ROCKY ROAD PANCAKE MIX - THE LITTLE PANCAKE COMPANY
ROCKY ROAD COOKIES - I AM BAKER
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES | RECIPE | ROCKY ROAD, SAVE FOOD, CONFECTIONARY
YUMMY ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES! - THREE DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES– SKINNY MIXES
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES | CHANNEL ISLANDS CO-OPERATIVE
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES | PEARL MILLING COMPANY
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES - PANCAKE RECIPES
ROCKY ROAD RECIPE | BAKING MAD
ROCKY ROAD RECIPES - THE BAKING EXPLORER
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES - SAM'S KITCHEN
ROCKY ROAD PIZZA | RICARDO
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES — CO-OP
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES | RECIPE | SWEETS RECIPES, DELICIOUS …
SWEETSTACKS ROCKY ROAD GOURMET PANCAKES
ROCKY ROAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES - SIDE DISH RECIPES
VEGAN AMERICAN PANCAKES - ROCKY ROAD STYLE
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS - BHG.COM
ROCKY ROAD WHOLE WHEAT PANCAKES | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES | RECIPE | ROCKY ROAD, ROCKY ROAD RECIPE, FOOD
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES | FOOD, DESSERTS, DELICIOUS DESSERTS
RUSTIC ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES | RECIPE | COOKING AND BAKING, SWEET CREPES ...
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES | RECIPESTY
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES | RECIPE | ROCKY ROAD, BEST PANCAKE RECIPE ...
LIME & MORTAR: RECIPE: ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES
ROCKY ROAD! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
10 YUMMY ROCKY ROAD RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
ROCKY ROAD BARS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES | MUMMYPAGES.IE
ROCKY ROAD CUPCAKES | PAULA DEEN
ROCKY ROAD BROWNIES | RICARDO
ROCKY ROAD FRIDGE CAKE RECIPE | DR. OETKER
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES
PEANUT BUTTER ROCKY ROAD FUDGE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
ROCKY ROAD PANCAKES | RECIPE | ROCKY ROAD, BREAKFAST TREATS, RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the Rocky Road recipe?A very traditional Rocky Road recipe is chocolate, marshmallows, peanuts, coconut and either Turkish delight or glace cherries.
What's in a rocky road cake?With chocolate sponge and sweet-and-salty rocky road topping, it's a joyous cake A little melting, stirring and chilling and you've got a chocolatey treat to enjoy with a cuppa. The kids can help, too Turn all those nuts, biscuits and chocolate from Christmas into these delicious tiffin bites, great for gifts
What is rocky road?Rocky road is a type of candy bar, that is made of melted chocolate that is mixed with some goodies like marshmallow and nuts. Classic rocky road is often made with turkish delight, but I left it out because it’s not an ingredient accessible for everyone, and you don’t have to use it to make this rocky road the most delicious thing on the planet.
Does Rocky Road need to be cooked?And as there’s no cooking, it’s just melt and mix. The key to making rocky road is to have everything prepared before you melt the chocolate. Otherwise, the chocolate may begin to set, making it lumpy and difficult to combine with the other ingredients.