- Combine rhubarb, sugar, flour and cinnamon and put into 8" x 8" x 2" glass baking dish.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and melted butter and sprinkle streusel over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 838.6, Fat 24.6, SaturatedFat 14.9, Cholesterol 61, Sodium 229.7, Carbohydrate 152, Fiber 6.6, Sugar 106.2, Protein 7.9
I found this strawberry rhubarb crisp recipe on a box of Quaker Oats about 20 years ago. It's quick and easier to make than pie. It's versatile, too, because you can add strawberries in spring or apples in fall. I usually pop it into the oven shortly before we sit down to eat so it's still warm for dessert! -C.E. Adams, Charlestown, New Hampshire
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add rhubarb and apples or strawberries; toss to coat. Spoon into an 8-in. cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet. , In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° until crisp is bubbly and fruit is tender, about 45 minutes. If desired, serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 31mg cholesterol, Sodium 124mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
CLASSIC RHUBARB CRISP
This is a family favourite. It's not fancy but it sure is good and there are very few dishes to clean up afterwards -- a definite bonus for me!
Provided by Sackville
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the rhubarb, one cup sugar, egg, 2 tablespoons flour and mace and spread into a deep pie plate.
- Combine the remaining ingredients to make a crumbly mixture.
- Cover the rhubarb with this mixture.
- Bake at 375 F for about a half hour, or until rhubarb is tender.
- Serve warm with cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 492.9, Fat 13.2, SaturatedFat 7.8, Cholesterol 77, Sodium 128.9, Carbohydrate 91.2, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 68.8, Protein 5.1
RUSTIC RHUBARB CRISP
Okay, there are other rhubarb crisp recipes out there, but none exactly the same as this one. (It's my mom's, so I am partial to it!) There is less sugar, more oatmeal and rhubarb, and it is super easy! And for more crispy goodness, the topping can easily be doubled. I hope that you like it as much as I do!
Provided by Dwynnie
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix granulated sugar and flour, then stir in rhubarb. Put mixture in a greased 9 x 13 glass pan.
- Combine topping ingredients: oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Sprinkle on top of rhubarb mixture.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303.5, Fat 12.4, SaturatedFat 7.5, Cholesterol 30.5, Sodium 91.3, Carbohydrate 47.2, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 33.1, Protein 3.1
Who loves rhubarb? This sweet delicious crispy rhubarb pudding is different and astonishingly good. My mother has cooked it for as long as I can remember, and it always gets gobbled up quickly!
Provided by Daydream
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend butter and ½ cup sugar thoroughly together with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well.
- Fold in nutmeg, vanilla essence, toast cubes and cornflakes (don't worry, the mixture will be fairly dry).
- Spread half the mixture into a buttered 9 inch by 13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange rhubarb evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ cup sugar over the rhubarb.
- Cover with remaining mixture.
- Cook in oven for about 40 minutes, or until rhubarb is tender.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 563.4, Fat 26, SaturatedFat 15.5, Cholesterol 166.8, Sodium 405.9, Carbohydrate 80.3, Fiber 3, Sugar 54.6, Protein 6.3
MOM'S RHUBARB CRISP
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Mix rhubarb, 1 tablespoon flour, sugar, water, cinnamon, and allspice together in a bowl. Mix oats, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup flour together in a separate bowl; add butter and mash into the oats mixture with a pastry cutter until crumbly.
- Press about half the oats mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread rhubarb mixture over the oats mixture; top with remaining oats mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until rhubarb layer is set, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298.6 calories, Carbohydrate 49.4 g, Cholesterol 27.1 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 82 mg, Sugar 35.4 g
This rhubarb crisp recipe is special for two reasons. First, it's a variation on our classic Apple Crisp recipe, a time-tested crisp that's both foolproof and beloved. Second, we omitted rhubarb's usual companions (we're looking at you, strawberries) and added some sugar for sweetness, so the signature tang of this stalky vegetable really shines through. Topped with a layer of buttery oatmeal streusel and baked until bubbly, this recipe delivers rhubarb crisp in its purest and most delicious form!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
- Spread rhubarbs in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over rhubarbs.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and rhubarbs are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with cream.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
EASY RHUBARB CRISP
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, oats, butter, and cinnamon together in a bowl until crumbly. Press 1/2 of the oat mixture into the bottom of prepared baking dish. Sprinkle rhubarb over oat mixture.
- Combine white sugar, water, cornstarch, and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until thick and clear, about 5 minutes. Pour sugar mixture over rhubarb. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over rhubarb.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crisp is lightly brown and bubbling, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329.1 calories, Carbohydrate 59.2 g, Cholesterol 24.4 mg, Fat 9.8 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 75 mg, Sugar 42 g
- For the filling: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Toss together the rhubarb, granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, lemon and salt in a large bowl until the rhubarb is well coated. Fill the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- For the crisp topping: Stir together the flour, brown sugar, butter, oats and salt in a medium bowl until crumbly. Spoon all of the crumble topping evenly over the prepared rhubarb and bake until golden and bubbling at the edges, about 35 minutes. Let cool slightly. Serve with ice cream, if using.
TART RHUBARB CRISP
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice rhubarb into 3/4 inch chunks.
- Place in a 13x9-inch baking dish, add sugar and flour.
- In a processor mix flour and butter cut into pieces until small pea size clumps appear add sugar, oatmeal, cinnamon; pulse to combine.
- Sprinkle over rhubarb.
- Bake 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234.8, Fat 8.3, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 20.3, Sodium 71.4, Carbohydrate 39.1, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 25.9, Protein 2.5
CHEF JOHN'S RHUBARB CRISP
If you've never tried rhubarb before, this is the recipe for you. The sweet, crisp topping taking the edge off the tart, tangy fruit, both benefiting from a creamy scoop of vanilla ice cream. This is a great, old-fashioned American dessert. You can substitute all-purpose flour for the whole wheat flour.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine rhubarb, strawberries, white sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest together in a bowl.
- Stir brown sugar, whole wheat flour, oats, salt, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Cut cold butter into oat mixture with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs and butter pieces are pea-sized.
- Pour rhubarb mixture into prepared baking dish. Spread oatmeal mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and bubbling, about 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.9 calories, Carbohydrate 39.4 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 6.4 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 120.8 mg, Sugar 27.6 g
GRANDMA BEV'S RHUBARB DESSERT (RHUBARB CRISP)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix 1 cup flour and confectioners' sugar together in a bowl; cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry cutter or two forks until mixture is crumbly. Press flour-butter mixture into an 8-inch square pan.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix white sugar, 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, and nutmeg into the beaten eggs. Fold rhubarb into egg mixture; pour rhubarb filling into the baked crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is bubbling, 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242.8 calories, Carbohydrate 39.6 g, Cholesterol 51.3 mg, Fat 8.7 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 98.1 mg, Sugar 28.5 g
RHUBARB RAISIN CRISP
Martha Dayton of Alexander, New York writes, "In spring, this crisp is the first thing I make with our garden rhubarb. I double the recipe for company."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and 2 tablespoons flour; transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with raisins. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and salt; sprinkle over raisins. , Combine the brown sugar, oats and remaining flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over top. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 164mg sodium, Carbohydrate 59g carbohydrate (46g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
GRANDMA ETHEL'S RHUBARB CRISP
Rhubarb is defined as 'the nectar of the gods,' well at least for our family. Long winters are tamed by beautiful springs, and there's no better or more welcome gift from Mother Nature than rhubarb. This is a family favorite and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Provided by Darwin
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Stir rhubarb, white sugar, and 2/3 flour together in a bowl; pour into prepared baking dish.
- Mix 1 cup flour, butter, and brown sugar together in a bowl until mixture is crumbly; sprinkle over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and bubbling, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390.6 calories, Carbohydrate 69.5 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 88.5 mg, Sugar 47.4 g
More about "rustic rhubarb crisp recipe foodcom"
MAKE THE BEST RUSTIC RHUBARB BREAD IN ONE BOWL - YEYFOOD.COM
RHUBARB CRISP – A HUMBLE PIE - FOOD GYPSY | EASY, DELICIOUS …
VIDEO: HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE RHUBARB CRISP | MARTHA STEWART
ONE BOWL RUSTIC RHUBARB BREAD - FAITH & FAMILY FUN
SUSAN'S RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
RUSTIC RHUBARB CAKE WITH ROASTED RHUBARB RECIPES | FOOD …
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB CRISP - RICARDO
RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RHUBARB CRISP | RICARDO
RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
BEST RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A CLASSIC …
RUSTIC STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE - RICARDO
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BEST RUSTIC RHUBARB CAKE WITH ROASTED RHUBARB RECIPES | FOOD …
RUSTIC RHUBARB CAKE - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
THE BEST RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE EVER! - HARBOUR BREEZE HOME
RHUBARB CRISP RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
OLD-FASHIONED RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE - SOUTHERN PLATE
RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RHUBARB CRISP – FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
TART RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RHUBARB CRISP, …
RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RHUBARB CRISP, …
RHUBARB CRISP - A CANADIAN FOODIE
RUSTIC RHUBARB TARTS – SMITTEN KITCHEN
EASY RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE - BEST DESSERTS
BEST RUSTIC RHUBARB CAKE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
OUR VERY BEST RHUBARB RECIPES - FOOD COM
ONE BOWL RUSTIC RHUBARB BREAD - GB'S KITCHEN
PERFECT RHUBARB CRISP - THE DARING GOURMET
RUSTIC CHERRY RHUBARB CHEESE TART RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RUSTIC RHUBARB CRISP | RHUBARB CRISP, RHUBARB, RECIPES
RED RHUBARB AND STRAWBERRY CRISP – FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
RECIPE - RUSTIC RHUBARB TART
You'll also love