SALSA BORRACHA (DRUNK SALSA)
This is a special salsa that you can serve with Mexican tacos, fajitas, chicken or over eggs. I am from Mexico and we love it !!!. Viva Mexico! Leave the seeds in the peppers for a spicier salsa.
Provided by ALI GARCIA
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the tomatoes and jalapenos into a saucepan, and pour the beer over them. Add enough water so that the tomatoes and jalapenos are covered. Simmer over medium heat until soft. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- Transfer the tomatoes and jalapenos to a blender, and add the garlic and onion. Pulse until well blended. Add some of the cooking liquid to help with blending if necessary. Taste, and season with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 37.9 calories, Carbohydrate 5.6 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 1.1 g, Sodium 5.3 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
SALSA BORRACHA OR DRUNK SALSA
Just the name cracks me up! This is a great salsa! It might seem unusual for you but serve this warm! It is a great change of pace! This is also great on top of tacos or enchiladas or anything!
Provided by Mamas Kitchen Hope
Categories Low Protein
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt butter over medium low heat in a saucepan. Add the garlic, chili powder, and jalapenos and saute.
- When the mixture begins to foam add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 107.9, Fat 6.8, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 323.7, Carbohydrate 11.2, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 4.6, Protein 1.9
- Cook the chiles in a dry saute pan over high heat turning constantly until slightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and when cool enough to handle, cut them in half and remove the seeds. Tear them into small pieces and add them to a blender.
- Add the orange juice, tequila, garlic and olive oil to the blender. Puree the salsa and add it to the same saute pan used to toast the chiles. Cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Season the salsa with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cool completely. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with crumbled anejo cheese.
More about "salsa borracha recipes"
SALSA BORRACHA (DRUNKEN SALSA) - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SALSA BORRACHA RECIPE | MARCELA VALLADOLID | COOKING CHANNEL
Cuisine MexicanCategory CondimentServings 4Total Time 15 mins
THREE CHILE SALSA BORRACHA | COOKSTR.COM
Category Cookstr RecipesEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
SALSA BORRACHA - MEXICAN SALSA AND BEER DIP (EASY TO MAKE!)
Reviews 5Calories 89 per servingCategory Cooking With Beer
- Clean the dried chiles - remove the tops and slice lengthwise to remove all the seeds. Toast them in a hot skillet for just over a minute or until they begin to puff up and smoke. Remove from pan and soak in hot water for 10-15 minutes.
- To the same hot skillet add the halved tomatoes, peeled and quartered onion, halved jalapenos (seeds and veins removed to tune down heat) and the peeled garlic cloves. Toast until they get nicely charred and soften and remove from pan.
- In a blender or food processor add the toasted tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, garlic and soaked chiles (discard the water). Add the beer OR the tequila and orange juice. Process until well blended and near smooth.
- Heat oil in the same skillet over medium high, add the borracha mixture from the blender and bring to simmer stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
SALSA BORRACHA RECIPE – HERENCIA COOK BOOK
Cuisine MexicanCategory Appetizer, Side Dish, SnackServings 4
SALSA BORRACHA + VIDEO - EASY AUTHENTIC MEXICAN RECIPES
5/5 (1)Calories 113 per servingCategory Appetizer
FISH FILLETS IN SALSA BORRACHA | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
Servings 1.25Calories 290 per servingTotal Time 42 mins
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Thaw fish, if frozen. Cut open chile peppers; discard stems and seeds.** Heat a dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add peppers; toast 3 minutes or until fragrant, turning frequently.
- In a food processor or blender combine chile peppers and next six ingredients (through salt). Cover and process or blend until smooth.
- Rinse fish; pat dry. Sprinkle fish with additional salt and black pepper. Place in a 3-qt. rectangular baking dish. Top with chile pepper mixture. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
DRUNK SALSA RECIPE | HOW DRUNK IS YOUR SALSA? | MEXICAN ...
Reviews 2Category SalsasServings 1Total Time 25 mins
- Slightly toast the already cleaned and deveined Pasilla Peppers in a medium hot grilled alone the garlic clove. The pasilla peppers will take just a few seconds to toast. Remove promptly since dried peppers develop a bitter taste is over toast or burnt.
- Transfer peppers to a bowl and cover with warm water, let them soak for about 15 minutes until soft.
- Combine drained peppers, beer, water, and garlic clove in your blender or food processor, process until you have a fine and smooth sauce.
SPICY MEZCAL SALSA RECIPE - CHOWHOUND
4/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCuisine MexicanCalories 86 per serving
- Set a small sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the dried chiles, and toast, stirring often, until they become fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Set the chiles aside and add the tomatoes to the pan, roasting until the skins are evenly blistered, about 5 minutes.
- Simmer until the water starts to change color and the red of the chiles becomes more apparent, about 5 minutes.
SALSA BORRACHA ~BEER BRAISED BEEF - LA PIñA EN LA COCINA
Reviews 4Servings 6Cuisine MexicanCategory Beef, Main Course
SALSA BORRACHA - TV CHANNEL | EASY RECIPES, TV SHOWS
Cuisine MexicanServings 4
SALSA BORRACHA! - LA PIñA EN LA COCINA
5/5 (3)Category Salsa, AppetizerCuisine MexicanTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
SALSA BORRACHA — MARK BITTMAN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SALSA BORRACHA RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3/5 (2)Servings 1
SALSA BORRACHA — COOKS WITHOUT BORDERS
Cuisine MexicanCategory Main CourseServings 1
SALSA BORRACHA – SUNDAY SALSA
33 SALSA BORRACHA IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, MEXICAN FOOD ...
SALSA BORRACHA RECIPE | MARCELA VALLADOLID | FOOD NETWORK
SALSA BORRACHA - COOKEATSHARE
BLANCO NIñO | SALSA BORRACHA RECIPE | BLANCO NIñO
HOW TO MAKE SALSA BORRACHA RECIPE - SLURRP.COM
SALSA BORRACHA RECIPE
SALSA BORRACHA RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is drunk salsa borracha?Salsa borracha is a rich flavored, low to medium hot salsa made with dried chiles such as pasilla and further flavored by dark Mexican lager or tequila and orange juice. Hence the name 'drunk' salsa. Clean the dried chiles - remove the tops and slice lengthwise to remove all the seeds.
How do you make Borracha sauce?In a blender or food processor add the toasted tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, garlic and soaked chiles (discard the water). Add the beer OR the tequila and orange juice. Process until well blended and near smooth. Heat oil in the same skillet over medium high, add the borracha mixture from the blender and bring to simmer stirring occasionally.
How do you make Borracha with beer?Add the beer OR the tequila and orange juice. Process until well blended and near smooth. Heat oil in the same skillet over medium high, add the borracha mixture from the blender and bring to simmer stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
How do you make salsa with orange juice and garlic?Add the orange juice, tequila, garlic and olive oil to the blender. Puree the salsa and add it to the same saute pan used to toast the chiles. Cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Season the salsa with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cool completely.