SPINACH STRAWBERRY SALAD
The best ever Spinach Strawberry Salad with balsamic poppy seed dressing, pecans, and feta. Beautiful, healthy, and always a crowd pleaser!
Provided by Erin Clarke / Well Plated
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Toast the pecans: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the pecans in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the pecans smell fragrant and the center of a pecan is tan when the pecan is broken in half. (Do not walk away from the oven in the last few minutes of cooking. This is when nuts love to burn.) Transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop.
- Place the sliced onions in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let sit while you prepare the rest of the salad (this keeps their flavor but removes the harsh onion bite).
- Prepare the dressing: In small mixing bowl or large liquid measuring cup, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients-vinegar, oil, poppy seeds, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper-until well combined. (Alternatively, you can shake the ingredients together in a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid).
- Assemble the salad: Place the spinach in a great big serving bowl. Add the strawberries. Drain the red onion and add it as well. Drizzle about half of the dressing over the salad and toss to coat the leaves. Assess the amount of dressing. You want the spinach leaves to be nicely moistened but not swimming in dressing. Add a little more if needed to suit your preferences. Add the feta and pecans. Toss lightly to combine. Serve immediately, with extra dressing on the side as desired.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 of 6, Calories 249 kcal, Carbohydrate 16 g, Protein 6 g, Fat 20 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 17 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 10 g
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD
This recipe was popular at a restaurant in Winston-Salem called Berry's. I love serving this salad to guests who comment that it is very pretty. Not only that, it is also a tasty and very nutritious dish!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Arrange spinach and strawberries on individual salad plates or in a large salad bowl. Place the next six ingredients in a blender or food processor. With unit running, add oil and vinegar in a steady stream. Blend until thickened. Drizzle over salad; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts :
STRAWBERRY AND SPINACH SALAD
Provided by Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- For the dressing:
- Add 3/4 cup strawberries, white wine vinegar, basil, olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- For the salad:
- Toss the spinach, cheese, almonds, and remaining 1/4 cup strawberries in a large bowl and lightly drizzle with dressing.
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD
- Whisk together oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add spinach, strawberries, almonds, sesame seeds, and feta. Gently toss until spinach is evenly coated with dressing. Serve immediately.
SPINACH STRAWBERRY SALAD
Spinach and strawberries what an odd combination for a recipe. That is what I thought before trying this the first time. Now I get many requests to bring this for dinner parties. The raspberry wine vinegar adds a marvelous taste, and compliments the first two ingredients. This salad is very eye pleasing in crystal.
Provided by Charlotte J
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Toast pecans over low heat, set aside to cool.
- Combine dressing ingredients and shake well.
- Toss and garnish with a few sliced strawberries.
- Serve immediately.
- (Thanks to Chef #320254's review I'm updating this) If you'd like, use a high speed mini-mixer to emulsify the dressing.
- Roland, makes a Raspberry Flavored Wine Vinegar.
An absolutely delightful and tasty salad, especially when fresh baby spinach and strawberries are available. This recipe was given to me by a famous Chef in Palm Springs, CA. This is a must to make.
Provided by William Uncle Bill
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- SALAD: Break off root ends and tough stems (if any) and discard.
- Place spinach in a large bowl, add ice and cover with water; set aside to chill.
- SUGARED ALMONDS: In a small saucepan, combine almonds, sugar and water.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until sugar is almost completely melted and nuts are golden, stirring occasionally- (there will be unmelted sugar on nuts).
- Spread almonds on a large plate; let cool and then break into small pieces.
- (Make ahead, as nuts can be stored in an air-tight container for about 3 days).
- DRESSING: In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, poppy seeds and chives.
- Drizzle in olive oil and whisk until blended.
- Now whisk in Dijon mustard until well blended.
- Whisk in salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove spinach leaves from water, pat dry on paper towelling and break into pieces.
- Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add sliced strawberries and toss lightly to mix.
- Add dressing and toss gently until spinach and berries are lightly coated.
- Add almonds, toss lightly and serve.
- TIP: Packaged ready-to-use baby spinach can be found in the produce section of most supermarkets.
- There are 8 cups of baby spinach in (one- 6 ounce) package.
- NOTE: Only make enough salad that will be eaten at this one time serving. The salad will get somewhat soggy if kept for another day.
SPINACH SALAD WITH STRAWBERRIES
- Make spiced pecans. Beat egg white until very frothy, but not stiff. Add remaining ingredients, excluding pecans. Now add pecans and mix to coat. Spread pecans on baking sheet in single layer and bake in a preheated 200 degree oven for 45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes.
- For dressing, shake together all ingredients. Toss together salad ingredients. Toss dressing with salad just before serving, sprinkle dressed salad with pecans.
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD I
Someone brought this salad to a pot luck dinner and I had to have the recipe. I have made it many, many times since then and I have been asked for the recipe every time I bring it somewhere. It is also a great way to get kids to eat spinach!
Provided by TOZENUF
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Pour dressing over salad, and toss. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490.8 calories, Carbohydrate 42.9 g, Fat 35.2 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 62.9 mg, Sugar 33.6 g
SPINACH AND STRAWBERRY SALAD
- In a large bowl, toss together the spinach and strawberries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, paprika, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds. Pour over the spinach and strawberries, and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234.8 calories, Carbohydrate 22.8 g, Fat 15.9 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 69.3 mg, Sugar 17.1 g
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD WITH RASPBERRY DRESSING
Berries add a pop of color to this favorite salad that's part of my gluten-free menu. My challenge is to keep the family from eating the sugared almonds before I add them! -Peggy Gwillim, Strasbourg, Saskatchewan -Peggy Gwillim, Strasbourg, Saskatchewan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, cook and stir almonds and sugar over low heat until sugar is dissolved and almonds are coated. Spread on foil to cool; break apart., In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 66 calories, Fat 4g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 90mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "strawberry spinach salad recipes"
BEST STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD RECIPE - DELISH
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD RECIPE (VIDEO) - VALENTINA'S …
SPINACH STRAWBERRY SALAD + VIDEO - THE SLOW ROASTED …
MOUTHWATERING STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD | THE RECIPE …
STRAWBERRY CHICKEN SPINACH PASTA SALAD - DELALLO
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD « CLEAN & DELICIOUS
A STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD RECIPE | CTV NEWS
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
10 BEST STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD WITH DRESSING RECIPES
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD (FRESH AND EASY) - GREAT HOLIDAY RECIPES
SPINACH AND STRAWBERRY SALAD | RICARDO
10 BEST STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD WITH DRESSING RECIPES - YUMMLY
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD - ONLY 6 EASY INGREDIENTS
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
STRAWBERRY-SPINACH SALAD RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD WITH CANDIED HAZELNUTS
BEST STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD WITH BALSAMIC DRESSING
SPINACH SALAD WITH STRAWBERRIES AND PECANS RECIPE
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD - A COUPLE COOKS
STRAWBERRY AND SPINACH GOAT CHEESE SALAD • STEPHANIE HANSEN
20 FRESH STRAWBERRY SALAD RECIPES YOU’LL ADORE - INSANELY GOOD
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD WITH STEP BY STEP VIDEO - PINCH AND SWIRL
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD - FRUGAL MOM EH!
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
THE BEST STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD | THE CLEAN EATING COUPLE
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD - DINNER AT THE ZOO
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD (W/ GOAT CHEESE) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5 INGREDIENT STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD - YAY KOSHER
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD – LUCY'S KITCHEN OF RECIPES
30-MINUTE STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD - JULIA'S ALBUM
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD WITH BALSAMIC POPPY SEED DRESSING
STRAWBERRY-SPINACH SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
STRAWBERRY AND SPINACH SALAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD - CULINARY HILL
THE BEST STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD - SIMPLE JOY
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #salads #fruit #vegetables #easy #berries #strawberries #greens #spinach #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love