SAUSAGE & PEPPERS PENNE ALFREDO
Penne pasta served with hot Italian sausage, bell peppers, and onions in a creamy Alfredo sauce. This is a recipe that I created on the fly. Ingredient measurements are "best guess" because I pretty much just threw everything in to taste. Feel free to adjust to your taste and enjoy!
Provided by Foonaka
Yield 1 batch, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Slice sausage into 3/4 inch slices.
- Cut onions and peppers in to thin strips (julienne slices).
- Mince 3 to 4 cloves of garlic or measure out 1 Tbsp of pre-minced garlic.
- Chop basil into small strips (about 1 inch in length).
- Prepare pasta based on packaged instructions.
- Fry sausage in oil over medium-high heat until all pieces have turned brown.
- Add peppers and onions, season with salt and pepper to taste, and fry with sausage for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and fry for 1 more minute.
- Dust the mixture with 2 Tbsp of flour (this step is optional, and will create a thicker sauce) and stir for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and stir mixture for about 30 seconds.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and add cream. Stir to combine.
- Slowly bring cream to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir until cheese is melted into mixture.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve over pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 913.9, Fat 59.2, SaturatedFat 28.6, Cholesterol 162.8, Sodium 1156, Carbohydrate 70.3, Fiber 9.4, Sugar 2.6, Protein 27.7
SAUSAGE AND PEPPER PENNE
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir sausage, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, and mushrooms until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, minced garlic, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes into vegetable mixture; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and spoon onto plates and top with sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 637.7 calories, Carbohydrate 85.3 g, Cholesterol 49.2 mg, Fat 22.3 g, Fiber 6.6 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 1662.5 mg, Sugar 12.7 g
CREAMY ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA WITH SAUSAGE
- Char peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag 10 minutes.
- Peel and seed peppers. Transfer peppers to blender and puree until very smooth. Season to taste with salt. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic. Stir in bratwurst and heat through.
- Add cream, red pepper puree, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain. Stir pasta into red pepper cream mixture.
- Top with additional Parmesan cheese.
SAUSAGE BAKED PENNE
Bring Italian flavors to your family's dinner table tonight. Italian pork sausage and penne pasta star in this cheesy dish.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package, using minimum cook time.
- Meanwhile, heat 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Drain.
- In large bowl, stir together sausage, ricotta cheese, garlic, dried basil, pepper flakes, salt, pepper and 2 cups of the pasta sauce. Add cooked pasta; toss gently. Spoon mixture into baking dish. Top with remaining 2 cups pasta sauce. Arrange mozzarella cheese slices over sauce.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 590, Carbohydrate 57 g, Fat 2, Fiber 4 g, Protein 26 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 990 mg
SAUSAGE AND ROASTED PEPPER CALZONE
- Allow both crust pouches to stand at room temperature 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet brown sausage with onions and garlic; drain. Stir in basil, Italian seasoning and pepper. In small bowl, beat eggs with fork. Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons; set aside. Add ricotta cheese to remaining eggs; mix well. Stir into sausage mixture. Add mozzarella cheese, red peppers and 3 tablespoons of the pine nuts; mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove crusts from pouches; unfold. Press out fold lines. If crusts crack, wet fingers and push edges together. Place one prepared crust on end of large ungreased cookie sheet with about 1/3 of crust hanging over edge. Spoon half of sausage mixture over half of crust on cookie sheet, leaving about 1-inch border and mounding filling towards center. Fold pie crust half over filling; press edges with fork to seal. Cut four 1-inch slits in top of crust. Repeat with second crust and remaining filling at opposite end of cookie sheet. Brush with reserved 1 1/2 tablespoons egg. Sprinkle with remaining pine nuts.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. To serve, cut each calzone in half or into 3 wedges.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 644, UnsaturatedFat 20 grams, Carbohydrate 43 grams, Fat 41 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 27 grams, SaturatedFat 17 grams, Sodium 1023 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUSAGE SKILLET
On nights when I make this, my two teenagers make sure they're home. Eat it on its own, or pair it with breadsticks, a green salad and apple slices. -Janet Teas, Zanesville, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain., Stir in red peppers, soup, cream cheese and milk; heat through. Stir noodles into sausage mixture; sprinkle with provolone cheese. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 433 calories, Fat 19g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 86mg cholesterol, Sodium 1118mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
ONE-POT SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: farfalle pasta, olive oil, hot italian sausages, sweet italian sausages, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, white onion, garlic, diced tomato, oregano, salt, black ground pepper
Provided by Andrew Ilnyckyj
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, add a generous amount of salt, and cook pasta 2 minutes less than the package instructions.
- Strain pasta and set aside. Toss with a small amount of oil to prevent sticking
- In the same pot, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and fry sausages, working in batches as needed, until deeply browned on all sides.
- Remove sausages, slice in ¾-inch (2 cm) rings, and set aside.
- Sauté all of the bell peppers, onion, and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, all of the spices, and the sausage slices to the pot.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta back to the pot and stir gently until all the ingredients are coated in the sauce. Continue simmering until pasta is al dente.
- Serve with grated parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 901 calories, Carbohydrate 110 grams, Fat 35 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 36 grams, Sugar 17 grams
SAUSAGE & PENNE MARINARA
It's hard to beat the classic Italian flavors of this hearty, comforting dish. It has a slight kick, so omit the pepper flakes if you don't want the heat. -Tammy Rowe, Bellevue, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings; heat through., Drain pasta; toss with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 853mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
SAUSAGE AND ROASTED VEGETABLE PENNE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, toss all the vegetables, except the tomatoes, with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange on a baking sheet and roast, until caramelized, about 30 minutes, turning vegetables halfway through the cooking time. In a small bowl, add the tomatoes and the remaining olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and add to the baking sheet, at the halfway point of cooking, to caramelize.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add the sausage and saute until cooked through. Turn up the heat and deglaze with white wine. Once the vegetables are cooked, cool slightly, then coarsely chop. Add the vegetables and any pan juices to the sausage in the skillet. Toss in the cooked penne, adding reserved pasta water, if needed, to moisten. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve in bowls topped with Parmesan.
PASTA WITH ROASTED PEPPERS & SAUSAGE
This is from the Ronzoni pasta box and it is delicious. Love roasting the vegetables in the oven with the peppers, before adding any tomatoes. I use 6-inch long chicken Italian sausages, and just cut into 1-inch chunks before they go in the oven.
Provided by kitty.rock
Yield 1 cup servings, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a 13 x 19 x 2 inch baking dish, toss peppers, onion, garlic, olive oil and basil; spread in an even layer.
- Add sausage pieces.
- Bake 25 minutes, uncovered, stirring half-way through baking time.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice; bake 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Remove sausage and cut into thin slices; stir back into pepper mixture.
- Toss hot pasta and pepper mixture; sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
ORECCHIETTE WITH SAUSAGE AND ROASTED PEPPERS
- Heat broiler. Place peppers, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; broil 4 inches from heat until charred, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; steam 2 to 3 minutes. Using a paper towel, rub off pepper skins, reserving any juices in bowl. Thinly slice peppers crosswise into 1/4-inch strips; return to bowl. Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Add roasted peppers; cook until heated through.
- Transfer sausage mixture to bowl; add pasta, butter, reserved pasta water, and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 459 g, Fat 12 g, Protein 25 g
PENNE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND ROASTED RED PEPPERS
- Slice Italian sausage into bite size pieces and set aside. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Saute sausage until almost fully cooked. They should be nice and browned. While sausage is cooking coursely chop tomatoes. When sausage is browned (about 10 mins) add garlic and stir for about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and salt, turn heat to med-low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add peppers and cook for an additional 5 minutes. In a large bowl combine hot pasta and contents of frying pan. Sprinkle with cheese. Pass additional cheese at the table.
More about "sausage and roasted pepper penne recipes"
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsServings 6Calories 412 per serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook penne until al dente, approximately 9 minutes or as package label directs. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot.
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring to break up chunks, until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove sausage to a plate, and pour off all but 1 Tbsp. fat.
- In same skillet, cook peppers, onion and seasonings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes. Add sausage to pepper mixture; cook, stirring, until warmed through, about 30 seconds. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add sausage mixture to pasta. Toss to combine, adding cooking liquid as necessary to moisten. Serve hot, topped with Parmesan if desired.
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND ROASTED RED PEPPERS RECIPE
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsServings 4Calories 996 per serving
SAUSAGE AND ROASTED PEPPER PASTA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (9)Calories 430 per servingServings 4
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 10 minutes or until thoroughly blackened. Place bell peppers in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel; discard skins. Chop and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid; keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan, and cook 8 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add bell peppers to pan. Move sausage mixture to outside edges of pan, leaving an open space in center. Add tomato paste to open space in pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir tomato paste into sausage mixture. Stir in pasta and reserved cooking liquid; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in black pepper and salt. Sprinkle with cheese.
SKILLET ROASTED RED PEPPER ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA RECIPE
SAUSAGE VINEGAR PEPPERS AND POTATOES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAUSAGE AND PENNE PASTA - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS | CHEW OUT LOUD
ROASTED SAUSAGE & PEPPERS - FEAST AND MERRIMENT
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE, PEPPERS, AND TOMATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ZESTY PENNE, SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
PENNE PASTA WITH SAUSAGE, PEPPERS AND ONIONS - RECIPES
BEST CREAMY ROASTED RED PEPPER PENNE RECIPE - DELISH
ONE POT ROASTED RED PEPPER AND SAUSAGE ALFREDO - HOST THE TOAST
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE & PEPPERS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS RECIPE - WOMAN'S DAY
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS WITH PENNE - THE DIARY OF A REAL …
ITALIAN SAUSAGE & PEPPERS WITH PENNE - PREGO® PASTA SAUCES
RECIPE: PENNE WITH ROASTED PEPPERS, MUSHROOMS AND SAUSAGE …
EASY BAKED PENNE WITH SAUSAGE - SALT & LAVENDER
SKILLET ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS WITH WHOLE-WHEAT PENNE
CHEESY SAUSAGE AND PEPPER PASTA - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
ITALIAN SAUSAGE & PEPPERS PENNE WITH PARMESAN RECIPE - HOME CHEF
ONE POT CREAMY SAUSAGE RED PEPPER PASTA - FLAVOR THE MOMENTS
SAUSAGE AND PEPPER PASTA RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE PENNE WITH GOAT CHEESE …
BEST ROASTED PEPPER PENNE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
EASY SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS IN THE OVEN - COOKING WITH MAMMA C
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND PEPPER SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SAUSAGE, FENNEL AND PEPPER ROAST - A SAUCY KITCHEN
BEST ROASTED RED PEPPER PESTO PENNE - DELISH
SAUSAGE AND ROASTED PEPPER PASTA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PORK SAUSAGE & ROASTED PEPPER PASTA RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
PREMIO SAUSAGE PEPPER PENNE - PREMIO FREE PRINTABLE COUPONS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook penne pasta with sausage?Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook penne until al dente, approximately 9 minutes or as package label directs. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring to break up chunks, until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes.
How do you cook Italian sausage with peppers and onions?Stir the peppers and onions in the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Stir the sauce in the skillet. Heat to a boil. Return the sausage to the skillet and reduce the heat to low.
How to cook spinach and roasted red pepper penne pasta?With a super-light cream sauce, this spinach and roasted red pepper penne is addictive. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook penne according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and return to pot. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
How long to cook Italian sausage in oven?Directions 1 Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and red pepper. Add peppers and... 2 Bake until vegetables are tender and sausage is cooked through, 40 to 45 minutes. 3 Top with basil and serve hot. More ...